L00king - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

L00king

I am in the market of buying a handgun, i really like the glock 23. I am new to the whole buying my own pistol but not new to guns. I have been in the military for over 4years. I am redeploying back to the States here in a month. Couple of buddies and I are going to go take the Concealed hand gun class right when we get back. So the question is does anyone have any ideas on a good hand gun that isnt over lets say 550 and is reliable for my 1st hand gun? Or have any used guns for sale i checked the for sale but some ppl have things they want to sell but just don't post it lmk thanks!

www.MySpace.com/IStunt4Boobs
www.smokinperformance.com
2006 GSX-R 600
2004 f4i
2003 Mustang GT 4.6L Stock - Sold on DFW STANGS
1994 Mustang GT 5.0 Cobra Clone - Sold on DFW STANGS
1998 Camaro SS (Mods: Rebuilt ls1 and Tranny from Xtreme Horsepower, 806 Aluminum heads, 234-238 custom cam, forged pistons, new SLP Exhaust. Custom built stall convertor, 150shot of BrandX Nitrous)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 09:33 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Glock and Springfield XDs are right in that range. Can't go wrong with either. If you can spend a couple hundred extra, a Sig Sauer would be good choice as well, too.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Time Served

I like the Glock 19 that is what I carry. It is concealable, cheap, and never misfires or jams. It is a 9mm that holds 15 rounds with a standard mag but with the plus 2 extensions holds 17 rounds. The extension gives you a spot for your pinkie to rest. The gun is easyily concealed and has tons of add ons available. I also have a 33 round mag in my glove box but if i ever need that many shit has really hit the fan.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

i see there is a Ruger p94 9mm for sale in the classifieds anyone had 1st hand exp with this gun?

www.MySpace.com/IStunt4Boobs
www.smokinperformance.com
2006 GSX-R 600
2004 f4i
2003 Mustang GT 4.6L Stock - Sold on DFW STANGS
1994 Mustang GT 5.0 Cobra Clone - Sold on DFW STANGS
1998 Camaro SS (Mods: Rebuilt ls1 and Tranny from Xtreme Horsepower, 806 Aluminum heads, 234-238 custom cam, forged pistons, new SLP Exhaust. Custom built stall convertor, 150shot of BrandX Nitrous)

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 09:52 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickz View Post
i see there is a Ruger p94 9mm for sale in the classifieds anyone had 1st hand exp with this gun?
I've always found Ruger semi-autos to be clunky and feel cheap. Never been a fan. I have shot a Ruger P345, a Ruger P89 and really didn't like them.

Personally, I would recommend going to a range and renting whatever feels good in your hands and go from there.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
I've always found Ruger semi-autos to be clunky and feel cheap. Never been a fan. I have shot a Ruger P345, a Ruger P89 and really didn't like them.

Personally, I would recommend going to a range and renting whatever feels good in your hands and go from there.
Agreed. I've shot a P89 and I think a P95 and both felt clunky, heavy, and cheap. If you can afford to get something better I'd recommend it but I've never had a problem with a Ruger going bang. Either the Glock or Springfield should do you right although I lean towards a Glock because I've owned like 5 of them and have owned my Glock 27 for 10 years now. Can't go wrong with a Glock.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 10:19 AM
African Booty Scratcher

i had a p95 for about 12yrs until it was stolen. heavy? yes!, big? yes!, always go bang? YES! that said for concealed carry i usually carry my g27. those ruger p90 series are too big for conceal IMO. i wouldnt hesitate to protect my family with one though.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 10:27 AM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
i had a p95 for about 12yrs until it was stolen. heavy? yes!, big? yes!, always go bang? YES! that said for concealed carry i usually carry my g27. those ruger p90 series are too big for conceal IMO. i wouldnt hesitate to protect my family with one though.

god bless.
I wouldn't hesitate to drop one on the floor either!

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Lifer

Glocks and XD's should be high on your list for that price range.

If your a southpaw stay as far away from Sig as you can, I hate those guns with a passion because they are so anti-lefty.

HK's are great as well but pricey and depending on your size the USP's may be a bit big to conceal, even in compact size. Still they are my personal favorite pistol.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Slingin rock on da corner

Another vote for Springfield XD's. I carry a compact XD .45, it's probably the largest gun I'd feel comfortable carrying concealed. I also have heard good things about Glocks.

Also, thanks for serving.

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.

God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 11:12 AM
African Booty Scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
I wouldn't hesitate to drop one on the floor either!
lolz that was the springfield!

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickz View Post
I am in the market of buying a handgun, i really like the glock 23. I am new to the whole buying my own pistol but not new to guns. I have been in the military for over 4years. I am redeploying back to the States here in a month. Couple of buddies and I are going to go take the Concealed hand gun class right when we get back. So the question is does anyone have any ideas on a good hand gun that isnt over lets say 550 and is reliable for my 1st hand gun? Or have any used guns for sale i checked the for sale but some ppl have things they want to sell but just don't post it lmk thanks!
I have a couple of magazines that will help you out... btw this is guerra... come by the room.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Time Served

pm sent

my regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement