Ruger LCP for $299 (YES OR NO) - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Ruger LCP for $299 (YES OR NO)

Real quick

Ruger LCP for $299 at Gander Mnt a good deal?
sonic93 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Yes...Buddy of mine paid $325 two weeks ago for one.
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Just told the pops to buy it for me.
sonic93 is offline  
 
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
I would have bought it..

When the "Most interesting man in the world" needs advice, he calls me.
03trubluGT is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 04:18 AM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
Just told the pops to buy it for me.
Congrats.

From what I see on Ruger's website, it's .38 Special, not .38 Special +P. Is this correct?
03trubluGT is offline  
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
Congrats.

From what I see on Ruger's website, it's .38 Special, not .38 Special +P. Is this correct?
It is .380 ACP a little less powerful than a standard- pressure .38, will be a good ankle or pocket pistola for when the XD9sc can't be concealed.
sonic93 is offline  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 06:21 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: sherman
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
It is .380 ACP a little less powerful than a standard- pressure .38, will be a good ankle or pocket pistola for when the XD9sc can't be concealed.
Good luck finding ammo for it tho.

R, just R
rray is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray View Post
Good luck finding ammo for it tho.
Now why do you wanna throw salt in my game?

Ya I know 380 is hard to find. My pops has a couple hundred rounds he is bringing with it when he comes to visit in December. That will tie me over just fine until I can order it on the internet and sit back and wait for it to clear back order.
sonic93 is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 06:34 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: sherman
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
Now why do you wanna throw salt in my game?

Ya I know 380 is hard to find. My pops has a couple hundred rounds he is bringing with it when he comes to visit in December. That will tie me over just fine until I can order it on the internet and sit back and wait for it to clear back order.
Don't let me dissuade you. It's a good deal and if you've got access to ammo I'd defnitely buy it.

R, just R
rray is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray View Post
Don't let me dissuade you. It's a good deal and if you've got access to ammo I'd defnitely buy it.
Here is just how good a deal it really was. An excert from the email my pops sent me a minute ago.

"On an "up note", Gander was giving $20.00 Gander Bucks card for every $100.00 you spend up to a a limit of $100.00 in Gander Bucks.............the two LCP's I bought yesterday earned me the full $100.00 in Gander bucks..............then this morning I applied the $100 in Gander bucks towards the purchase of YOUR LCP.............not bad - the toal works out to be something like - "I bought 3 Ruger LCP's for $797.00 or about $265 each..........even better than the $299 per LCP........not bad for an old man, huh?"

He damn well better be passing that savings onto me also, $265 plus Florida sales tax.

All in all he picked up 3 LCP's. The store manager wanted to limit him to one but he pulled a few cards out of his hat. One was "one of these is for my son in Afghanistan". Hey wait isn't that a straw purchase?
sonic93 is offline  
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray View Post
Good luck finding ammo for it tho.
http://www.natchezss.com/Ammo.cfm?co...ition%2020/box


I have one and love it for a backup. That is a decent price too. I am considering the LCR even...which IS the .38+p revolver.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04 View Post
http://www.natchezss.com/Ammo.cfm?co...ition%2020/box


I have one and love it for a backup. That is a decent price too. I am considering the LCR even...which IS the .38+p revolver.
A co worker bought an LCR but it had a rattle inside the frame. The store told him that they all have it but I have never handled one myself. Just something to look for. Then again said co worker was not the brightest bulb on the tree.

what is the Natches deal? My work filter bans it.
sonic93 is offline  
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Die Wundergroin Schlägt Wieder Zu!
Posts: 2,484
Gold Dot 90gr $20.83 for 20
helosailor is offline  
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
A co worker bought an LCR but it had a rattle inside the frame. The store told him that they all have it but I have never handled one myself. Just something to look for. Then again said co worker was not the brightest bulb on the tree.

what is the Natches deal? My work filter bans it.
They are a really good site to buy ammo from. Great prices and they usually always have something in every caliber.

The LCR may need some refining before I invest in it, it is a chunk of change.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 01:49 PM
I miss Colorado
 
HarrisonBT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Waco (Elm Mott)
Posts: 2,310
Shoot!
I got excited, and thought it was the RUGER LCR.
Which, finally reminded me to see what those go for, and it looks like under $400.
I need one now!

I have a thing for Rugers. I carry a GP100 (4'' barrel) in my truck

'79 malibu 4speed.
'74 Datsun 260Z 302chevy/TKO500 swap in progress


DE OPPRESSO LIBER





HarrisonBT is offline  
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT View Post
Shoot!
I got excited, and thought it was the RUGER LCR.
Which, finally reminded me to see what those go for, and it looks like under $400.
I need one now!

I have a thing for Rugers. I carry a GP100 (4'' barrel) in my truck
Well we got a smoking deal on the LCP, $265 plus tax
sonic93 is offline  
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: arlington
Posts: 1,063
academy has the same gun in a "kit" that includes an extra magazine and a hard case. not sure on the quality of the case, but its all included for 350
http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...357-03387-7025

LKQ GRUNT....
current daily -
2000 GT
slow party of one!
butt86 is offline  
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by butt86 View Post
academy has the same gun in a "kit" that includes an extra magazine and a hard case. not sure on the quality of the case, but its all included for 350
http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...357-03387-7025
That is a good deal also.

We got the extra mag for $24.95 on top of the $265.00
sonic93 is offline  
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 02:13 AM
I miss Colorado
 
HarrisonBT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Waco (Elm Mott)
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
Well we got a smoking deal on the LCP, $265 plus tax
Good deal bud. Im not a fan of auto's but i will probably pick up that LCR, if i see it at a gun show for around $375.
Worlds first plastic revolver

'79 malibu 4speed.
'74 Datsun 260Z 302chevy/TKO500 swap in progress


DE OPPRESSO LIBER





HarrisonBT is offline  
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
Well we got a smoking deal on the LCP, $265 plus tax
Where???

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04 View Post
Where???
Gander Mountain. Put you have to read post # 10 to understand how we got them (X3) for $265 each instead of $299.
sonic93 is offline  
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:04 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT View Post
Shoot!
I got excited, and thought it was the RUGER LCR.
Which, finally reminded me to see what those go for, and it looks like under $400.
I need one now!

I have a thing for Rugers. I carry a GP100 (4'' barrel) in my truck
How much smaller is the LCR than the smallest SP101? I want to pick up an SP101 in .327 Federal - 6 rounds with .357 Magnum power in a gun just a hair bigger than a J-frame. Mmmmmm-hmmm!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
How much smaller is the LCR than the smallest SP101? I want to pick up an SP101 in .327 Federal - 6 rounds with .357 Magnum power in a gun just a hair bigger than a J-frame. Mmmmmm-hmmm!
SP101
Specifications
Weight 2 1/4", 25 1/2 oz. (708g); 3 1/16", 27 oz.(765g); 4", 30 oz. (850g)
Barrel length 2 1/4" (57.15mm), 3 1/16" (77.79mm), 4" (101.6mm)

LCP
Specifications
Weight 9.4 oz (266 g)
Length 5.16 in (131 mm)
Barrel length 2.75 in (70 mm)
Width .82 in (21 mm)
Height 3.6 in (91 mm)
sonic93 is offline  
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 09:51 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
I'm talking about the LCR - the revolver, not the LCP.

.380 just doesn't inspire much confidence in me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 04:01 AM
I miss Colorado
 
HarrisonBT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Waco (Elm Mott)
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
How much smaller is the LCR than the smallest SP101? I want to pick up an SP101 in .327 Federal - 6 rounds with .357 Magnum power in a gun just a hair bigger than a J-frame. Mmmmmm-hmmm!
I havnt seen an LCR yet. Im deployed
I like the SP101 alot, and may get one soon. I bought my girl a Rossi 357, so she could load it with 38 specials, or +p's, but i hate the fact its actually a tarus gun, i may end up trading it, plus maybe $100 for an SP101.
I havnt held a ruger revolver that i dont like. A GP100 with a 4'' barrel was my first handgun, and its great.

I dont know was .357 federal is... I didnt know that was offered in SP101 either.

I want the LCR because i assume it will be a nice gun, and its cool that its the first polymer revolver. Its neat there is still new types of "old fashioned" wheel guns coming out, and i have a thing for rugers.

'79 malibu 4speed.
'74 Datsun 260Z 302chevy/TKO500 swap in progress


DE OPPRESSO LIBER





HarrisonBT is offline  
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
All the LCRs that I saw were the laser gripped ones and over $700
sonic93 is offline  
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Cabela's has the LCR for $429 until Dec 2.
& the LCP for $349 gun/extra mag/pocket holster/and gun bag
sonic93 is offline  
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 08:15 AM
I miss Colorado
 
HarrisonBT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Waco (Elm Mott)
Posts: 2,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
All the LCRs that I saw were the laser gripped ones and over $700
Man, do they really think a laser grip is worth nearly $300 extra? That is insane. I see the grips alone selling for that. At the distance you'd use a snub nose at, you dont need a lazer grip IMO.

'79 malibu 4speed.
'74 Datsun 260Z 302chevy/TKO500 swap in progress


DE OPPRESSO LIBER





HarrisonBT is offline  
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT View Post
Man, do they really think a laser grip is worth nearly $300 extra? That is insane. I see the grips alone selling for that. At the distance you'd use a snub nose at, you dont need a lazer grip IMO.
point and click and click and click and click
sonic93 is offline  
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Old school 4-eye'd
 
Baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Department of Redundancy Dept
Posts: 6,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
Cabela's has the LCR for $429 until Dec 2.
& the LCP for $349 gun/extra mag/pocket holster/and gun bag
I cant find that deal online anywhere, where did you see it?

Baron is offline  
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I cant find that deal online anywhere, where did you see it?
http://cabelasflyers.dirxion.com/q1v...Id=7.0.3.0001#
page 4
sonic93 is offline  
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Old school 4-eye'd
 
Baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Department of Redundancy Dept
Posts: 6,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
cool, thanks

Baron is offline  
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 09:29 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT View Post
I havnt seen an LCR yet. Im deployed
I like the SP101 alot, and may get one soon. I bought my girl a Rossi 357, so she could load it with 38 specials, or +p's, but i hate the fact its actually a tarus gun, i may end up trading it, plus maybe $100 for an SP101.
I havnt held a ruger revolver that i dont like. A GP100 with a 4'' barrel was my first handgun, and its great.
I was looking for an SP101 in .357 Magnum earlier this year for carry but couldn't find one with the short barrel and bobbed/spurless/whatever hammer (plenty in .38 Special though! ). Ended up getting a S&W Model 60, and no complaints, but I think I'd still rather have the Ruger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT View Post
I dont know was .357 federal is... I didnt know that was offered in SP101 either.
.327 Federal Magnum. It's a magnum version of the .32 H&R Magnum, which is the magnum version of the .32 Long. The thing about the .327 Federal in an SP101 is that it has close to .357 Magnum power, with less perceived recoil due to the lighter bullets, and you can fit 6 rounds of .32 in a cylinder versus 5 for .38/.357.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: at your momma's house starting a small fire in her panties
Posts: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
Yes...Buddy of mine paid $325 two weeks ago for one.
299.99 + tax = 324.74

AINT NOBODY CARE
1NAZTGT is offline  
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Robert Galarga
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
I was looking for an SP101 in .357 Magnum earlier this year for carry but couldn't find one with the short barrel and bobbed/spurless/whatever hammer (plenty in .38 Special though! ). Ended up getting a S&W Model 60, and no complaints, but I think I'd still rather have the Ruger..327 Federal Magnum. It's a magnum version of the .32 H&R Magnum, which is the magnum version of the .32 Long. The thing about the .327 Federal in an SP101 is that it has close to .357 Magnum power, with less perceived recoil due to the lighter bullets, and you can fit 6 rounds of .32 in a cylinder versus 5 for .38/.357.
Geof has a 327 mag and that gun is awesome! Still will hurt your hand after a few loads..

2004 pontiac gtslow
Stephen is offline  
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NAZTGT View Post
299.99 + tax = 324.74
Gee thanks for the 3rd grade math lesson along with clearing up the actual price of the gun........I guess you must have been there with him when he bought it.
J&T's 82 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome