Doe down - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Doe down

Got a doe tonight. 25 yd shot. Wanted the buck that we keep seeing on the camera but he never came in and the doe was looking mighty tastey.

4.6, Built Auto w/ Baumann engineering controller and 3200 stall built by Mikes Trick Shift, P1SC @ 8psi, 3.73 gears, stage two comp cams, Trick flow 75mm TB and plenum, Diablo custom tune, pro star big and littles, Full tubular supension w/ adjustable front and rear Strange struts and shocks, sub frame conectors, coil over, Tubular "K", Eighbach drag launch springs & air bag, 440 RWHP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E2mMLjMu3Y

4.6, Built Auto w/ Baumann engineering controller and 3200 stall built by Mikes Trick Shift, P1SC @ 8psi, 3.73 gears, stage two comp cams, Trick flow 75mm TB and plenum, Diablo custom tune, pro star big and littles, Full tubular supension w/ adjustable front and rear Strange struts and shocks, sub frame conectors, coil over, Tubular "K", Eighbach drag launch springs & air bag, 440 RWHP
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Fear the lawn gnome

Way to go man. I picked up a new dxt this year and was excited as hell to deer hunt with it. That is until i hurt my shoulder and cant shoot anymore.

Ill still put meat in the freezer but i really wanted to nail them with a bow.

What you might call solitude is something i look forward to.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 10:20 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

zOMG, you dick, you killed a defenseless animal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

You did to when you ate that hamburger the other day. No difference i just killed it instead some other guy.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 10:36 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 281 View Post
You did to when you ate that hamburger the other day. No difference i just killed it instead some other guy.
I don't eat hamburgers. Check that, I very rarely eat hamburgers. I honestly can't recall the last time I had a hamburger. I had a steak today, but I didn't kill it.

It was a joke anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 11:42 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

How long did it take you to find that doe? Video was in the late afternoon, pic was at night time?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

She only ran about 30 yds into the woods. Yes i shot her about 10 min after i got into the stand but i stayed in the stand in hopes i would see a buck and stick him too. I could see her from the stand the whole time i was in it.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Time Served

Nice shot. Im surprised she stuck around long enough for you to get a shot. Thats allot of camera movement to have one looking straight at you. She had to been a regular at your feeder to not be spooked.

Ive had them snort at me with less movement then that while bowhunting.

Good job.

2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Yah the land is right next to the park. They are not to scared. I know not much challange but pretty well gauranteed to stick one when you go out. I usually only get a doe for the meat then if the big boy comes in ill stick him.

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Meeeeooowww

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 281 View Post
Yah the land is right next to the park. They are not to scared. I know not much challange but pretty well gauranteed to stick one when you go out. I usually only get a doe for the meat then if the big boy comes in ill stick him.
Sounds like the land a guy at work hunts on.
It butts up against the DisneyWorld property..lol

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Sure Shot

No duck hunting, no care.

j/k Nice work! Got to love that adrenalin from bow hunting.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 06:59 AM
Painting Your House

I could have gotton my limit for the next 50 years from what we saw driving in from Turkey last night. There was a huge buck (white tail) 10/12 point right on the edge of the road.

Nice doe by the way. She knew you were there somewhere. Just couldnt quite pick you out.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 07:06 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

6:30 opening morning I got a decent 8 point. Was only about 2.5 years old, but had a perfect symetrical rack past the ears. I would to have loved to let it grow, but some shiesty hunter put up a feeder directly behind mine on OUR fenceline in a pop-up blind so I knew given the chance he would have taken him. He was already chasing two does in my open food plot so I knew he would not make it...
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post
6:30 opening morning I got a decent 8 point. Was only about 2.5 years old, but had a perfect symetrical rack past the ears. I would to have loved to let it grow, but some shiesty hunter put up a feeder directly behind mine on OUR fenceline in a pop-up blind so I knew given the chance he would have taken him. He was already chasing two does in my open food plot so I knew he would not make it...
Yah thats sucks some people dont know how to manage them out. Most just shoot the one that comes in instead of the one that needs to be taken out. LET THEM GROW.

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post

Hang a bell in a tree close to his feeder. I had an 8 pt with a tall ass rack at my feeder yesterday but he stuck too close to the trees and disappeared. I had 2-8 pt and a 6 pt on my camera at the same time Friday night, but not when I was in the stand!

92 FOX HB 5.0 SOLD
PREVIOUS-00 SALEEN SC281 SOLD
2007 F150 Super Crew
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 03:34 PM
In the field

Nice shooting.

I went out to Sonora this past weekend. A good friend shot a nice 8. Really great mass but still a young deer. He probably should have walked, he would have been a BEAST in a couple more years.

The pre-rut was on in Sonora, I watched a couple of young 6 points fighting and I watched a decent 8 make a rub and scrap.

6's fighting before the 8 ran them off.

Black on Black 02' Z28
Lowered on Black Z06 wheels

"A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Nice buck. Your right prob would be better in the next year or two but he does have nice girth. LOL i said girth!

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Time Served

Location: at your momma's house starting a small fire in her panties
anyone got any contacts on a yr deer lease. we just went on a 2 day hunt and it blew so now we are trying to find something for next yr. prally like 4 people with about 2-3 hr range of DFW area, anything would be greatly app.

AINT NOBODY CARE
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Time Served

Thumbs up

nice shot! this place needs a bow hunters section!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TINFOIL HAT View Post
No, it's out there though. If you stop chasing that carrot that's held out in front of you for a minute, you might just be able to see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
Of all times, right now we need to hold our flag high. Stay proud America, and God bless us all.

the above views expressed are those of the individual only and not those of the Department of Defense (or Department of Homeland Security for members of the Coast Guard). DoDD 1344.10, February 19, 2008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement