truck safe - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

truck safe

With all the shooting going on, has got me thinking about what carrying a gun in my truck. Work will not allow guns in the building, and the neighborhood is not the greatest. There are cases where Vehicles get broken into every month. So my question is does anyone know of a good quality safe I can place in the truck and keep my hand gun without the worry or dead beat breaking the windows and taking to sell for drug money.

Does anyone have a truck safe that they like for a Dodge Ram? Or know of a good place that would have some. I did the Google thing and found this

Does anyone have any other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:38 PM
I Я Invizabul

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:45 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Geez I really don't think the advantages out weight the disadvantages. Anytime you need a weapon in your vehicle, chances are you're already at a huge disadvantage - trapped in a can with no where to go. Not only that, you're probably going to have your key on your ring, so you're going to have to turn off your vehicle immobilizing yourself and then try to get it opened.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_2000_TJ View Post
With all the shooting going on, has got me thinking about what carrying a gun in my truck. Work will not allow guns in the building, and the neighborhood is not the greatest. There are cases where Vehicles get broken into every month. So my question is does anyone know of a good quality safe I can place in the truck and keep my hand gun without the worry or dead beat breaking the windows and taking to sell for drug money.

Does anyone have a truck safe that they like for a Dodge Ram? Or know of a good place that would have some. I did the Google thing and found this
Does anyone have any other ideas?
Keep in mind, if you park in a company lot you would still probably be against company policy and subject to termination even with it in a safe box in your truck.

LPC: 56152
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

I understand what your saying, but a gun in the truck is better then nothing at all. I'm not looking for something to pull out while driving, That would be covered I can keep it in the door, until I get there. It's just once I get to work I have somewhere to keep it without worring about it being safe and secure unless there is a need for it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 04:09 AM
Lifer

A truck gun would be an AR or other type of carbine. The pistol gets you to the carbine. Locking a pistol up when you go into work or into your house but keeping it out otherwise is not that bad of an idea since you are limited as it is.

I would love to build a hidden rack system in my truck with a carbine and go back with mags, etc.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 08:56 AM
None

The console vault is pretty neat - right up on a custom level.

I wanted portability for mine, so I went with this:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...?a=558123&pn=6

This also works well as an airline travel method in that I can lock it up and store it in my checked luggage. (Mine has a key, not a combo lock)
I only use it for storage if I'm away and can't carry it. Once you are in the vehicle you can rearm yourself.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWeeC5 View Post
Keep in mind, if you park in a company lot you would still probably be against company policy and subject to termination even with it in a safe box in your truck.
I'm sorry boss, I bought this truck used and the keys to the box didn't come with it.

When the "Most interesting man in the world" needs advice, he calls me.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Colorado Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWeeC5 View Post
How are they going to know about it if it's locked up in a box?

90 Bronco

When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

A lie is a great story that someone ruined with the truth. - Barney Stinson
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 02:16 PM
mannish boy

I had a console vault in my 04 and loved it... it's really nice for putting stuff like your radar detector, GPS, etc. etc. in when you have to go in a store, and it's a good place for your pistol when you're going somewhere that doesn't allow concealed carry

lol @ the company policy... last company I worked at had a no guns on campus policy, but I know of at least 10 guns that were on that campus every day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement