DFW Mustang Forums banner

looking to build ar

620 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  sleeperLS 
#1 ·
I already own a rra entry tac and i do like it but i need a beater.

Spikes tactical is running some sales right now for a complete lower for under 300. and a complete 16inch chrome lines 1/7 twist m4 profile upper for under 600.

Who has the best prices out there right now? what im looking for right now is to just get the lower build done with good parts at a decent price.

#5 ·
Id really like to have one of cmmg's 14.7 inch uppers.

My problem right now is i can afford to put a lower together. The upper will have to come later.

Like i said no hurry since ive got a good running ar already.

#7 ·
I had the same thought once, then somebody asked "Did you buy the first one just to look at it?". Not that you can ever have too many guns, but I decided the one I had was my "beater" and that I didn't need another one at this point in my life.

Personally I would buy a stripped lower and build it out yourself. You can get that done for less than $300 and it is pretty easy. I had a ton of fun doing mine and I am not at all mechanically inclined.

(Actually for the prices on Spikes website the $249 complete lower only costs you $20 more assembled, it isn't a bad deal at all. You can find parts much cheaper at Del-Ton if you aren't in any hurry)

#8 ·
I went ahead and put a order in with spikes. Had a discount code and ended up being 252 shipped to my ffl for the complete lower. I was just going to order parts and put it together as i know how simple it is. I might actually buy the tools to build the upper we will see. It would be nice just to have the vice block for future maintenance and upgrades.

Now to save for my upper and figure out what i want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.