GSG-5 Owners and Wannabe Future Owners - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
GSG-5 Owners and Wannabe Future Owners

For immediate release,


We are very pleased to report that the litigation filed by Heckler & Koch, Inc. against German Sport Guns GmbH and its U.S. distributor, American Tactical Imports, Inc., together with all counterclaims, has been settled.


The terms of the settlement are confidential to the parties and cannot be disclosed. A dismissal of the above-referenced litigation, and all of the partyís claims against each other, is expected to be filed in the near future.


Attorneys for H&K will be issuing a statement. The attorneys for ATI have already issued a statement announcing the settlement.


Production and importation of the original design GSG-5 ceased as of Oct, 8, 2009 with the signing of the agreement. The remaining inventory now in the USA can be sold by ATI, all distributors and dealers. ATI currently has GSG-5ís in stock.


All sales of the GSG-5 by ATI must conclude by January 31, 2010. ATI will continue to service every firearm that it imports into the USA.


Thank you for your support.
Anthony DiChario
President C.E.O.
American Tactical Imports, Inc
David is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 07:46 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
For immediate release,


We are very pleased to report that the litigation filed by Heckler & Koch, Inc. against German Sport Guns GmbH and its U.S. distributor, American Tactical Imports, Inc., together with all counterclaims, has been settled.


The terms of the settlement are confidential to the parties and cannot be disclosed. A dismissal of the above-referenced litigation, and all of the partyís claims against each other, is expected to be filed in the near future.


Attorneys for H&K will be issuing a statement. The attorneys for ATI have already issued a statement announcing the settlement.


Production and importation of the original design GSG-5 ceased as of Oct, 8, 2009 with the signing of the agreement. The remaining inventory now in the USA can be sold by ATI, all distributors and dealers. ATI currently has GSG-5ís in stock.


All sales of the GSG-5 by ATI must conclude by January 31, 2010. ATI will continue to service every firearm that it imports into the USA.


Thank you for your support.
Anthony DiChario
President C.E.O.
American Tactical Imports, Inc
Ah, killed off, saw it coming. They will definitely be going up in value, that's for sure.
CJ is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Hell yeah, glad I bought one.


I may try and run out to the local shop tomorrow and buy a pistol version.
DOHCTR is offline  
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Afghanistan
Posts: 424
Bullet Trap in Plano had 2 of them last time I was in there on Monday; I almost bought one.

.مايك كيرشنر ، المسافر من العالم


08 Ford F250 FX4
07 Yamaha 700R

07 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
08 Harley Night Rod Special
Mike K25 is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 12:45 AM
Meeeeooowww
 
ALLAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: the MCO airport
Posts: 20,309
Fuck H&K in the ass.

ALLAN is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 04:39 AM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
At least it's not as silly as the new .22 AR from Ruger.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 06:26 AM
que?
 
grove rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,662
how much are they new/used?
grove rat is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wylie, Texas
Posts: 779
Mid $400 for the carbines, at least before this announcement. Glad I got one when I did. Though some of the local dealers wanted almost $100 more them.

Jon

CLICK for Kate's Story
Click to Listen

WTB - SIG Mosquito

silvereight is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 10:50 AM
LS1 Fighter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: DFW,Texas
Posts: 818
Ahhh Crap!!! is it too late to get one for a reasonable price?

Can't beat them, Join their message board !!

I m5...

BpuTacoma is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
There's no reason they still cat be had at reasonable prices and no reason they should get more expensive. After all it's just a .22Lr.

But gun owners are fucking crazy retarded at times.
David is offline  
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Texas Gumballer
 
gonzoSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: dallas
Posts: 2,257
I'm selling mine...

gonzoSS is offline  
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 01:28 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoSS View Post
I'm selling mine...
that probably isn't a good idea, you will regret the hell out of that.
CJ is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 02:06 PM
LS1 Fighter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: DFW,Texas
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There's no reason they still cat be had at reasonable prices and no reason they should get more expensive. After all it's just a .22Lr.

But gun owners are fucking crazy retarded at times.
Ahh ok...I'll start my search for one. Maybe i can find one for sayyyy $350ish...*looks at Gonzo*

Can't beat them, Join their message board !!

I m5...

BpuTacoma is offline  
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Texas Gumballer
 
gonzoSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: dallas
Posts: 2,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
that probably isn't a good idea, you will regret the hell out of that.
yeah...since posting I've thought twice about it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BpuTacoma
Ahh ok...I'll start my search for one. Maybe i can find one for sayyyy $350ish...*looks at Gonzo*
hummm....gonna have to say no on that one.

gonzoSS is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: OC Sucka.
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoSS View Post
yeah...since posting I've thought twice about it...


hummm....gonna have to say no on that one.
I did your Sig for you a long time ago.
Cant believe you still have it.

Sorry for off topic post.
Link in my sig to my old profile i dont have access too.
My sig was somewhat the same.

FoMoCoFiddy is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:11 PM
LS1 Fighter
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: DFW,Texas
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoSS View Post
hummm....gonna have to say no on that one.
Doh....

Can't beat them, Join their message board !!

I m5...

BpuTacoma is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Lifer
 
Billyb0b81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Arlington
Posts: 1,050
I was actually looking at one the other day. Is $420 a good price for a pistol version? I can't decide if I want the 5" or 9" barrel.

Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast.
Billyb0b81 is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Old Fart
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Forney, TX, USA
Posts: 1,359
My brother bought 2 this week from Carter Country in Houston.
He said that the rangemaster got nervous when they walked around to the back of the building to shoot at the range.

"Don't taze me, bro."
GT98SVO is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Lifer
 
Billyb0b81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Arlington
Posts: 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT98SVO View Post
My brother bought 2 this week from Carter Country in Houston.
He said that the rangemaster got nervous when they walked around to the back of the building to shoot at the range.
any idea what he paid for them? rifle or pistol?

Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast.
Billyb0b81 is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Lifer
 
futant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,664
I don't get it, why do you guys like these things?
Just to look cool or something?

man id buy a nice .22 pistol for 300-400 way before this thing.
with a fluted barrel. man those are fun and quite accurate.
http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger_MarkIII-Hunter.htm

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
futant is offline  
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wylie, Texas
Posts: 779
I got mine initially because my son spotted it at a gunshow and once I realized it was a .22 that he can shoot easily I was pretty much sold. Then after I got it and got the rail on it I started having fun with it. It was a tacticool sell for me but not like its any more foolish than spending as much money on a car as I have.

Jon

CLICK for Kate's Story
Click to Listen

WTB - SIG Mosquito

silvereight is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome