Better CCW - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
FTW
Uh oh, it's da po po.

Better CCW

I've been carrying my back-up (Glock 27) as my CCW and it's annoying. I bought the 27 for its ability to accept my duty mags in the event of an emergency. I like the weapon for on duty purposes but it's size makes it uncomfortable for a CCW. I've gotten some opinions from other LE personnel, but I just wanted to see what you gun nuts think. My question is should I suck it up and just keep carrying the 27 or should I go with something else, like maybe a Keltec p32 or even a J-frame. What do yall think?

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."

Ronald Reagan
U.S. President

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

Excerpt from the Declaration of Independence
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 11:42 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

I don't have any problem carrying a G29 even with a cheap ass IWB holster. I'd stick with the G27. I definitely wouldn't go to a .32, .380, or even 9mm, but I love my S&W Model 60 (.357 Mag, of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
FTW
Uh oh, it's da po po.

Speaking of IWB holster, another good question to throw out there is what yall prefer. Brand, style? I'm using the soft Uncle Mikes at the moment. It's not that bad, its a little flemsy but I think thats the point.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."

Ronald Reagan
U.S. President

"...when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security..."

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:57 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Ya, that's what I've got for my G29. Don't recall the brand, but I've got a pocket holster for my revolver. It prints (so do my wallet and phone), but you can't tell what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 03:54 AM
Lifer

This is my favorite IWB by far. It's a great holster and even though it shows it be specific to one frame size my 17, 19, and 26 all fit the one that I ordered for my 19.

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/teheiwb.html

I forgot to add that you can tuck your shirt in over it. Big advantage to me personally.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 05:14 AM
OC
Lifer

It's probably not the guns fault it is the holster. Look at getting an IWB with at least two "hooks" this will spread the weight out and make the gun way more comfortable to wear.

Most people on this board that carry a G27 use either a comp-tac holster or a cross breed holster.

http://www.comp-tac.com/

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

On a side note a small 32 or 380 is a viable option for the rare time when clothing would print the G27.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 06:16 AM
African Booty Scratcher

i carry my 27 in a crossbreed supertuck. if you are around carrollton lemme know and you can wear it for a day or 2 to try it out.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Slingin rock on da corner

I carry my M&P 9mm(C) in an IWB holster....as far as brand goes, it says KNIJ on the tag....bought it for 15 bucks at the Market Hall gunshow a while back. Best holster I ever tried. It's only got one hook/clip, but it's a wide bastard. Very comfortable and easy to conceal.

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.

God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 08:31 AM
The Rise Of COBRA!

Maybe you should try soft leather pancake or paddle. Try U.S. Gun Leather the guys name is Dick. He makes some real quality type leather holsters. www.usgunleather.com

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Token Troll

Carry XD 40" Service (4") in a Crossbreed Supertuck. No issues. More comfortable with an undershirt, but I frequently wear without an undershirt. I should get some underarmor.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
FTW
Uh oh, it's da po po.

Thanks guys yall are awesome. I'm finally off today so I think I'm going to hit a couple of the shopsin the area to see if i can find a better IWB holster than what I have.
Is there any truth to the whole "weapon can be damaged by being exposed to human sweat" thing?

Ronald Reagan
U.S. President

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Token Troll

Other than rust?

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Mr. Instigator

i have a XD9 and a taurus pt145. i carry both of them in a crossbreed supertuck holster. those holsters are WELL worth the money!

1998 Expedition 4x4 Eddie Bauer
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
i carry my 27 in a crossbreed supertuck. if you are around carrollton lemme know and you can wear it for a day or 2 to try it out.

god bless.
Don't do it! I let a State Trooper buddy try my Supertuck with his G33 (.357SIG exact same dimensions as the G27 .40), while I was waiting on my CHL. I called him few days afterward and asked what he thought about my holster. "You mean MY holster?" is what he said! LMAO That dirty dog gave me what I had in it and told me to get another one coming. SO...watch out with those test drives and your Crossbreeds!

I carry my G27 in my NEW supertuck now with either +1 pinky extensions or a G23 magazine with a sleeve and I sometimes have to reach back there and make sure it's still there. The front clip of the holster sits just past the 3 o'clock position and the back clips onto my belt right about the 6 o'clock position. I tuck in a t-shirt around it all the time and nobody knows it's there.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 12:07 PM

In all Honesty take a look at the Kahr pistols they carry very nicely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement