PMC's - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

PMC's

Does anyone know anyone who is doing this overseas? For those that don't know what PMC stands for its Private Military Contractor. I've been researching all the different groups but the ones that come up the most are Blackwater(xu or something) Dyna corp, and triple canopy. I'm considering applying and I have some questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Banned

I'm in the middle of Metal Gear Solid 4, and strongly recommend you don't join a PMC.

"War has changed."
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Ya, but there is a shit ton of money to be made, plus its what I did in the military.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 12:30 AM
Banned

True, but it's just money. If that's what makes you happy then more power to you, but money can be made other ways. My first post was just a joke for the most part BTW. It's kinda weird though, I guess the game might be predicting the future. It's all about PMC's and how war isn't even countries fighting any more. It's fighting for more personal gain than anything.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Old Fart

PMC is korean.

"Don't taze me, bro."
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Lifer

Why not do security for high profile clients instead? Maybe even locally.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Time Served

What is the difference between PMC and PSD? All of the security guys I knew in Iraq were called PSD teams, even the ones that went out into the cities with the Department of State. I know most PSD teams just stand at gates and check badges, but the guys that went out and kicked in the doors were also called PSD teams. We (I am just a vehicle mechanic) could have our terminology mixed up.

This is a good place to start: http://www.scribd.com/doc/3945227/security-in-iraq

It might also be worth spending the one time fee of $50 and signing up on: http://www.dangerzonejobs.com/artman...sh/index.shtml

That website is set up a little different (you can watch the tutorial) in that you cant apply to jobs through DZJ. He simply provides a list of companies that have jobs overseas. Most high-paying and high-profile jobs arent really advertised for, but they do advertise them on their own website. Meaning, you cant get on www.militaryhire.com and do a search for these jobs, you will only get the lower paying shitting companies like KBR on there.

SOC (http://soc-smg.com/page/home) did our security and some other sub-contract stuff. Everyone that worked for them liked the company so they might be worth looking into.

The guys that went out with the Department of State were called GRS, I dont know the name of the company, but I did a search online and found Global Risk Strategies (GRS) http://www.globalrsl.com/

I hope you have extensive special forces background, in which case i year a lot of these companies contact you.

This post was geared specifically toward security detail jobs (you mentioned Blackwater and Triple Canopy) is that the kind of job you are looking for? What is your background? I have been contracting overseas for 5 years now (Qatar, Antarctica, Iraq, and now I am going to Afghanistan at the end of this month) as a vehicle/heavy equipment mechanic.

.مايك كيرشنر ، المسافر من العالم

08 Ford F250 FX4
07 Yamaha 700R

07 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
08 Harley Night Rod Special
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

I did Force Protection in the Air Force. I seem to meet all of the criteria that most company list except for physical( I gained a couple pounds over the years) but I can fix that. I looked into doing executive protection here but the market is saturated. The last thing I will become is mall security. Hell I'm just thinking if I did this for 1 to 2 years and survive that's a nice little check I could throw into my business. What company do you work for? Oh and I think PMC and PSD are the same things.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Time Served

My last job was with IAP Worldwide Services and now I will be working with AECOM in Afghanistan.

Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between Force Protection and the Police (specifically in the Air Force). I am prior Air Force and always seen the Force Protection guys walking around with the FP on their arm.

.مايك كيرشنر ، المسافر من العالم

08 Ford F250 FX4
07 Yamaha 700R

07 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
08 Harley Night Rod Special
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Nothing, we were all cops but force protection went to special schools. Most of our schools were army: pathfinder, Ranger, Air Assault etc. I even took a class with a seal team to learn how to call in air strikes ( kinda like forward observers.) It was crazy because we were Air Force but we all had Army badges in addition to our own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement