Help with Tec-22 ejection (Pics) - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
Metric Wrench

Help with Tec-22 ejection (Pics)

A week ago an old guy at work told me that he had a Tec-22 that he bought new and he was about to cut it up and throw it away because he had never gotten more than 3 rounds in a row to eject. I told him to let me play with it so he brought it in the next morning with a TI-25 mag. I did not fire it before I sarted playing but it is at about 98% function. Still, one issue every 2-3 mags is to many. I took it back to him 5 days (and 1,500 rounds) later and told him that it was running pretty good. He said that that was great but he still hated it. He offered it to me for $50 so it's mine now. That means that I can really dig in and get it running. I did not want to rip to deep into someone elses gun no matter how much he hated it.

Here is what I have done so far.

That is one seriously '80s looking gun. Only action mods are a Volq extractor and spring.

New follower out of some cutting board material. The factory follower allowed for no hold open after the last round. As heavy as the bolt is and with the amount of recoil spring pressure it needed as much material to stop it as possible. I made a shorter one first and it lasted for one mag. This one has 90+ hold opens on it now and is holding up great and functions 100%. Mag capacity is reduced by 1. I cut down a .22LR casing to sleeve the mag where the screw goes in to prevent wear.

I used the 4 10-24 set screws are to promote proper mag placement. There are also 4 height/angle screws at the top of the mag from the factory for some fine tuning.

I am thinking now that 2 or 4 more set screws to help ejector placement are the next step. Probably some little 6-32s. I can not help but think that small changes caused by the looseness of the pistol are causing recoil angle to vary from round to round and you can only tighten up the feed lip placement screws so much before mag well deformation and difficulty of seating occur. Plus the mag catch is plastic so to much stress will cause self adjustment.

I read on another forum that one fellow's dad had cut out the poly bolt rails and installed aluminum. This sounds like a good idea to keep the ejector positioned for every cycle of the bolt. I might also make an adjustable (height and width) mag catch to get another point of adjustment. I was hoping you guys could throw some ideas at me.

Thanks in advance,
Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 07:24 AM
GROWED UP WRONG

Sorry, cant help with the issues, but I did have one of these back in the '90s with a Hellfire switch and was a fun little gun. I did not have any problem with ejection issues with the Tec-22 but did have ejection issues out of my Tec-9
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Metric Wrench

I added another left/right mag adjustment point at the top of the magwell. I've got the ejector tight in place. Heres hoping.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 01:34 PM
GROWED UP WRONG

Setup the phone books in the hall. That is what we used to do...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement