Checking to see if a good is not stolen???? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Checking to see if a good is not stolen????

Any other way to check out a gun besides going to the police dept. Mabye a website or something like that. Thanks Josh

Dont die for your country make them die for theirs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:28 AM
African Booty Scratcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by marines 5.0 View Post
Any other way to check out a gun besides going to the police dept. Mabye a website or something like that. Thanks Josh
i know some folks that know some folks. i think you can just call the PD though. you can pm the info if you care to.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Every day is.............

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
i know some folks that know some folks. i think you can just call the PD though. you can pm the info if you care to.

god bless.
Are you serious?

I would love to check a rifle I bought a long time ago. I checked on-line, running the numbers and googling the specifics but came up with nothing. I have hesitated to call the police because I don't want to get into a mess for buying stolen property, etc...

I purchased this particular rifle from a co-worker who got it from another co-worker in a football pot (squares). He won it but his wife made him sell it later, so I just paid what he had into it. I knew that the previous "owner" (first seller) was shady at best, and had prison time under his belt, so I felt bad about keeping it. It's a really nice (older) gun and I would love to keep it, but my conscience has been bothering me for years.

The gun is a fairly collectible gun, and I'm sure the "true owners" (assuming it could have been stolen) would love to get it back. It's in extremely good condition, for an older gun.

TIA,

David

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Lifer

damn who gives a shit if you didn't steal it?
You can't make up for a previous owners crime.
I mean unless you're literally going to fucking give it back to them for free?
NOT to mention just because they are the last 'registered' owner does not mean that they did not sell it privately like 99% of people do (in state of course)

not to mention there is no gun registration, so it's virtually impossible....
trying to find the true owner of a gun is no different than wondering who the true owner of a hammer is , or if that hammer was ever used in a thumb bashing incident.

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Lifer

Peolpe would like to know if a gun is stolen or not but what I found it is you need to take the serial # make and model to any sub station and they will let you know if its good to buy.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Yea my buddy runs warrants all threw Tarrant county, and usually does it for me. I have alot to check on though, and dont want to keep bothering him with it.

Dont die for your country make them die for theirs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement