Sportmans guide - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Sportmans guide

www.sportsmansguide.com, these guys are a bunch of assholes. I placed an order for a substantail amount of rifles cases. They call me back today and tell me they are canceling my buyers club account and that Iam ineligable for any future discounts with the company. I called them up and they were complete asses. Its like its a freakin crime to be a gun collector these days. I used to recomend these people to others after today I will never recomend them to anyone again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 06:19 PM
dee
Lifer

They give you a good reason for their actions?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

The actual words to me were " No one in america that isnt a vendor owns that many guns. So that means you are a vendor and we will no longer honor your buyers club discount or any discount period." .To me its total bs because nowhere in the buyers club does it say that you cant order to many items , or any restriction from vendors period. Personally I am honest with everyone I deal with and respect to be treated fairly for that. If they have a policy saying they dont want to deal with people who have the apearance of vendors then they need to state it. The money fact isnt whats pisses me off, I could care less it made my total cost about $70 more on a $1150 order. Its the principle , fact they were rude and called me a lair. Its a sad day when even the people selling gun supplies are gun nazi's also.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 07:22 PM
dee
Lifer

Well sounds like a bunch of dicks guess you'll need to find somone else.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:11 PM
GROWED UP WRONG

I have never found them to be any cheaper then Natchez or Midway, so I have usually given my business to one of those two.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Lifer

WTF exactly did you order?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Lifer

Sounds pretty shitty to me. I've known people that have owned thousands of guns in their personal collections and were absolutely not vendors.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Lifer

i was unhappy with their constant backordering of shit
so I canceled my membership
I also compared their prices to others and was not impressed with the 'membership'
They're a waste of time, go somewhere else!

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant View Post
i was unhappy with their constant backordering of shit
so I canceled my membership
I also compared their prices to others and was not impressed with the 'membership'
They're a waste of time, go somewhere else!
I made an order for 3,000 rounds of .223 ammo a year ago, then the priced jumped about $30/1k rounds. They called to see if I still wanted the order (at the old price) and I said "hell yes"!

They got it in stock and shipped it saving me $90. I don't have anything bad to say about them.

I've probably ordered over 30k rounds from them since 1995. Hell, back when they had the South African .223 for $239 for a 2,700 round tub, I bought 5 of them.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Lifer

kind of ironic since I made at least 4 ammo purchases from them picking the ones that were 'supposed' to be in stock the soonest.
All were backordered.
I made new choices
backordered
after three months I had no choice but to go to someone who lists WHAT IS in stock
ammunitiontogo.com (does suck paying tax though, but gets to you FAST)
I check prices other places against member prices .......... bottom line not very impressed !

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Lifer

Sprotsmans Guide never has anything worth a fuck for sale.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I eneded up calling bulldog and ordered tactical cases from them. They gave them to me at dealer cost. I ended up getting a better case for the same money. So sportmansguide being assholes actually made me get off my ass and find a better product. From now on when Iam going to buy more than a few of something I will just call the manafacturer. This dealing through the middle man is bs.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 05:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Sprotsmans Guide never has anything worth a fuck for sale.
And that, boys and girls, is a piss poor attitude!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 04:31 PM
ELD
Time Served

Thats shitty deal. If they are making money, why does it matter if your a gun dealer or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement