Man defends himself against robbers, shoots one and... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Man defends himself against robbers, shoots one and...

..before dying he accidentally shoots his other friend committing the crime. lol


http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/53259052.html


By Elizabeth Braun, Melanie Stout

MILWAUKEE - A 23-year-old Milwaukee man was being robbed at gunpoint when he pulled out his own gun and fatally shot one of the suspects.

It all happened early Thursday near 1st and Clarke. The 23-year-old man was walking his girlfriend home when two teenagers pulled out a gun and tried to rob them.

But the victim also had a gun. He shot and killed one suspect, 17-year-old Kevin Ollie. Ollie's gun also went off, and he accidentally shot the other teen robber before he died.

The robbery victim's family says he had no choice but to fight back.

The District Attorney's office agreed. Chief Deputy District Attorney Kent Lovern said the victim acted in self-defense and will not be charged with any crime.

But the surviving robber, Damien Cole, 19, has been charged with felony murder for his role in the incident where some died during the commission of another crime.

He could get up to 55 years in prison on that charge.

Cole also faces charges of armed robbery and attempted armed robbery.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Lifer
 
2165 Turbo Rail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 2,158
2165 Turbo Rail is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: ft worth
Posts: 749
For a second I was confused and thought the victim was shot. Mark one up for the good guys. I bet he got some action from his girl. lol.
arix is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:23 PM
Worship me
 
AL P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 34,345
Has anyone heard from 5.0 svo? I heard he was "working" this weekend.
AL P is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Lifer
 
samuel642000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,372
Awesome, good read at the end of the work day
samuel642000 is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:34 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
LOL...here we go again.
davbrucas is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:37 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET
 
HOOCBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DFW MUSTANGS . NET
Posts: 3,771
In before 5.0 svo says that the robber wouldn't have died if the victim didn't have a gun.


Last edited by HOOCBB; 09-01-2009 at 06:32 AM.
HOOCBB is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:38 PM
DERP DERP DERP
 
90GT50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Close one eye, step to the side.
Posts: 36,645
Soooo...joshstang is dead?

90GT50 is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:01 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04 View Post
..before dying he accidentally shoots his other friend committing the crime. lol


http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/53259052.html


By Elizabeth Braun, Melanie Stout

MILWAUKEE - A 23-year-old Milwaukee man was being robbed at gunpoint when he pulled out his own gun and fatally shot one of the suspects.

It all happened early Thursday near 1st and Clarke. The 23-year-old man was walking his girlfriend home when two teenagers pulled out a gun and tried to rob them.

But the victim also had a gun. He shot and killed one suspect, 17-year-old Kevin Ollie. Ollie's gun also went off, and he accidentally shot the other teen robber before he died.

The robbery victim's family says he had no choice but to fight back.

The District Attorney's office agreed. Chief Deputy District Attorney Kent Lovern said the victim acted in self-defense and will not be charged with any crime.

But the surviving robber, Damien Cole, 19, has been charged with felony murder for his role in the incident where some died during the commission of another crime.

He could get up to 55 years in prison on that charge.

Cole also faces charges of armed robbery and attempted armed robbery.
See Matt, this is what I was talking about... accomplice was charged with his friend's murder.
CJ is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
In before 5.0 svo says that's the robber wouldn't have died if the victim didn't have a gun.
No, no, no...

The other misunderstood teenager wouldn't have been shot by the first teenager with a trouble childhood if the victim wasn't out to violently, with attitude, gun down the first teenager.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Yes.....its a V6.
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50 View Post
Soooo...joshstang is dead?
haha!

These are the demands and sayings of Duncan.
Duncan is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
See Matt, this is what I was talking about... accomplice was charged with his friend's murder.
Good for the citizens of Milwaukee. I've never seen that applied here (much to my sadness)...
03trubluGT is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Sweet. Here comes the robbers defense soon 5.0 svo any minute now.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 07:12 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei
 
PooterWS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mozambique
Posts: 19,759
$10 says the waste of space's family will be suing the guy that protected himself/gf.

"He was a good little boy that never hurt a soul. He'd never rob someone, he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time and was shot by a trigger happy CHL owner."


"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

PooterWS6 is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 07:41 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
were is the video of William Shatner (Denny Crain) from Boston Legal shooting the mugger in the garage?

Watch, wallet, gun lol
sonic93 is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 08:15 PM
que?
 
grove rat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 21,662
another one bites the dust!
grove rat is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: OC Sucka.
Posts: 510
I was alittle confused at first too.
Old enough to know what he was doing, old enough to get what he deserves.

FoMoCoFiddy is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
were is the video of William Shatner (Denny Crain) from Boston Legal shooting the mugger in the garage?

Watch, wallet, gun lol
I love to watch that clip. Makes me laugh every time. So much for his knees and feet.

Boost on a budget.
nitrousjunky306 is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
Sweet. Here comes the robbers defense soon 5.0 svo any minute now.
lol, yea, cant believe his views are so far off. This thread AND the other one, as far as I am concened, the victims are doing society a favor by dropping some lead and in scum of human society. I'd drop those little bitches in a heartbeat if they tried that shit with me. I hate theives.


Daniel's RV-7:

Empenage - Done
Wings - 98.5% Done
Fuselage - Bulkheads...

http://www.danielhv.com
danielhv is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousjunky306 View Post
I love to watch that clip. Makes me laugh every time. So much for his knees and feet.
lmao, love that clip.... "That doesn't work for me..."

Video here: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1885966/gun_control/


Daniel's RV-7:

Empenage - Done
Wings - 98.5% Done
Fuselage - Bulkheads...

http://www.danielhv.com
danielhv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome