Springfield XDM 9mm, good "starter gun"? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Springfield XDM 9mm, good "starter gun"?

Rented one at the range the other day and liked it, but looking at similar options in the same price range. Just a casual user, not looking to break the bank or anything.


Thanks

DFW Mustangs dot net
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Which one's the clutch?
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: R1 love.
Posts: 2,313
yes

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
Craizie is offline  
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Slingin rock on da corner
 
NTexas_V-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sherman TX
Posts: 3,451
I say yes.

If you're looking into getting into handguns, the XD line is an excellent starter choice, that could remain with you for a long time.

I have one in .45, and I love how the gun fits in my hand.

More importantly, though, is that Springfield makes a solid gun for a pretty good price. And, it is easy as shit to field strip and clean, which makes maintenance relatively easy. A few simple moves, and the gun is stripped.

My XD was my first handgun. I've had/bought/sold/traded around 10 different pistols since then, but the XD has stayed. Alond with my S&W M&P 9mm.

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.


God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
NTexas_V-Star is offline  
 
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 01:10 PM
dead
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,611
the xdm is nice. you can save a few bones buy going with the regular xd but see if you think the features are worth it to you.
momo stallion is offline  
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke
 
8mpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: id rather be cummin than strokin
Posts: 19,068
Tim..

Are you going for a concealed carry? If so, Id step up to the .40. If its just for range shooting, then the XDM9 is nice... magazine capacity is amazing. There is a huge debate on 9mm for carry. I carry a XD45 everyday...Very reliable, great design, and not hard to conceal. It only holds 10+1, vs 19+1 in the XDM9.

9mm is a great round for shooting at the range due to ammo prices. If you are wanting to save a bit of money, the standard XD9 holds 16+1 and is $100 less. Check out Budsgunshop.com Wade (PooterWS6) and I both have ordered from them with great results. Couldnt beat the prices at the peak of Obama season gun prices.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
8mpg is offline  
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!
 
White_lightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SMackdownville,TX
Posts: 13,296
i have an xd 40 3" an d an xd 9 3" for the wife.. LOVE them.. very good guns.

D.
Pain, is weakness leaving the body.
White_lightning is offline  
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
XD40 was my first handgun. Like said above it's super issue to field strip and very accurate out of the box.

I'd say go for it! If you're wanting to conceal though i'd focus my searches on 3" barrels. Do they even make the XDM in 3"?
Skidmark is offline  
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg View Post
If you are wanting to save a bit of money, the standard XD9 holds 16+1 and is $100 less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
XD40 was my first handgun. Like said above it's super issue to field strip and very accurate out of the box.

I'd say go for it! If you're wanting to conceal though i'd focus my searches on 3" barrels. Do they even make the XDM in 3"?
As it's been said, the XDm is very nice. I was looking at the XD and XDm. For the extra features, I didn't feel the extra $100 on the XDm was worth it.

I went with the XD .40 Tactical (4") and carry it concealed without issues.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline  
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
As it's been said, the XDm is very nice. I was looking at the XD and XDm. For the extra features, I didn't feel the extra $100 on the XDm was worth it.

I went with the XD .40 Tactical (4") and carry it concealed without issues.
That's a fairly large firearm to carry. I don't think i'd be comfortable carrying it, but I suppose all of that is relative.
Skidmark is offline  
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
I am a fan of the Springfields. I have (1) XD45 compact and (2) XD9 5" and (1) XD9 subcompact. Even though I am looking to move the .45 for a 9, they are great guns.

Don't forget Gun show this weekend at Will Rogers.
sonic93 is offline  
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alvarado
Posts: 641
I like the XD's but shoot a GLOCK 19 (if you're looking at 9mm's) and you'll love it. I carry mine everyday, great gun.

03 Mach1
02 Sierra
cde21 is offline  
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke
 
8mpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: id rather be cummin than strokin
Posts: 19,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
That's a fairly large firearm to carry. I don't think i'd be comfortable carrying it, but I suppose all of that is relative.
Im 5'8" and 170lbs..I carry an XD45 compact (4") at the 3'o'clock position on my waist in a crossbreed supertuck. Very comfortable. Wearing a large tshirt and no problems concealing as long as I stand up straight.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
8mpg is offline  
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
FWIW, I've been carrying an XD9 for 4 years, and I really like it.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
That's a fairly large firearm to carry. I don't think i'd be comfortable carrying it, but I suppose all of that is relative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg View Post
Im 5'8" and 170lbs..I carry an XD45 compact (4") at the 3'o'clock position on my waist in a crossbreed supertuck. Very comfortable. Wearing a large tshirt and no problems concealing as long as I stand up straight.
6'0" 220lbs here.

I wear at 4-4:30 with the SuperTuck. Shorts, Jeans, whatever. I found a gun belt helps A LOT. Was wearing the SuperTuck with a JCPenny belt and it got uncomfortable after a while. Bought a Crossbreed gun belt and its much better.

x2 on the large T-shirt.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline  
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 12:15 AM
Lifer
 
mopar63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Watauga
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_lightning View Post
i have an xd 40 3" an d an xd 9 3" for the wife.. LOVE them.. very good guns.
I have the same and never had an issue with either of them.

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
mopar63 is offline  
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4 View Post
Rented one at the range the other day and liked it, but looking at similar options in the same price range. Just a casual user, not looking to break the bank or anything.


Thanks
Being a Glock person I wouldn't say not get the XDM. 9mm isn't a bad choice either as long as you can hit what you are pointing at. If you can do the same with a .40 S&W I'd recommend it over the 9mm. If you are going to stake your life on the 9mm make sure to carry a quality self defense round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
More importantly, though, is that Springfield makes a solid gun for a pretty good price. And, it is easy as shit to field strip and clean, which makes maintenance relatively easy. A few simple moves, and the gun is stripped.
You do know that Springfield Armory doesn't make the XD right? They are the importers of it and it's made in Croatia I believe.




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Slingin rock on da corner
 
NTexas_V-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sherman TX
Posts: 3,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose View Post
Being a Glock person I wouldn't say not get the XDM. 9mm isn't a bad choice either as long as you can hit what you are pointing at. If you can do the same with a .40 S&W I'd recommend it over the 9mm. If you are going to stake your life on the 9mm make sure to carry a quality self defense round.



You do know that Springfield Armory doesn't make the XD right? They are the importers of it and it's made in Croatia I believe.

Semantics....

I didn't know that. But it's still an easy to maintain gun.

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.


God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
NTexas_V-Star is offline  
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Which one's the clutch?
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: R1 love.
Posts: 2,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
As it's been said, the XDm is very nice. I was looking at the XD and XDm. For the extra features, I didn't feel the extra $100 on the XDm was worth it.

I went with the XD .40 Tactical (4") and carry it concealed without issues.
i thought the tactical was a 5"?

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
Craizie is offline  
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
i thought the tactical was a 5"?
You're right...shoulda said "Service".

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline  
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Which one's the clutch?
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: R1 love.
Posts: 2,313
was gonna say, the tactical might be hard to conceal.

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
Craizie is offline  
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
Semantics....

I didn't know that. But it's still an easy to maintain gun.
Well now you know... and knowing is half the battle






2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 08:54 AM
Slingin rock on da corner
 
NTexas_V-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sherman TX
Posts: 3,451
GO JOE!!

Damn, thats one fast ninja

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.


God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
NTexas_V-Star is offline  
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 09:27 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 544
As long as you are looking at XDs, might as well check out the S&W M&P line too.

That said, I personally am not a fan of pistols without safeties even though they are all the rage today.
AnthonyS is offline  
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Gunga galunga
 
jakesford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pimpin the West Side!! (Benbrook)
Posts: 7,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
As long as you are looking at XDs, might as well check out the S&W M&P line too.

That said, I personally am not a fan of pistols without safeties even though they are all the rage today.
The XD has 4 safeties; trigger safety, drop safety, grip safety, and out of battery safety... and if you want a thumb safety you can get the .45 with one of those too...

"Apres moi le deluge"



Last edited by jakesford; 08-31-2009 at 10:31 PM.
jakesford is offline  
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
As long as you are looking at XDs, might as well check out the S&W M&P line too.

That said, I personally am not a fan of pistols without safeties even though they are all the rage today.
I looked at Glock 22, XD .40 and S&W M&P. All were around the same price.

Glock was "old school" to me. Then S&W MP lacked the features on the XD, the pin indicator and chambered indicator. M&P has a chamber indicator, but you have to look at it. XD you can feel.

Trigger AND grip safety, I liked as well.

After reading an article about the 20,000 round test, pretty much sealed the deal.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline  
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Which one's the clutch?
 
Craizie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: R1 love.
Posts: 2,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
I looked at Glock 22, XD .40 and S&W M&P. All were around the same price.

Glock was "old school" to me. Then S&W MP lacked the features on the XD, the pin indicator and chambered indicator. M&P has a chamber indicator, but you have to look at it. XD you can feel.

Trigger AND grip safety, I liked as well.

After reading an article about the 20,000 round test, pretty much sealed the deal.
every gun has the 20,000 round test article :P. I chose my XD because it felt better in my hands. the glock subcompacts are to short and stubby for me. I have a xd.45 tactical and an xd40 subcompact love them both.

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
Craizie is offline  
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 06:42 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: deep ellum
Posts: 311
XDm .40 here. great gun!

2004 GTO <---- 690rwhp Twin Turbo meth injected.... daily driver?

1971 Torino <---- never-ending project
torinoman460 is offline  
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Token Troll
 
GhostTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sherman
Posts: 4,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
every gun has the 20,000 round test article :P. I chose my XD because it felt better in my hands. the glock subcompacts are to short and stubby for me. I have a xd.45 tactical and an xd40 subcompact love them both.
Oh, I'm sure on the test. I know Glock has one, but being the "new" kid from Croatia, I just needed a solid review.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
GhostTX is offline  
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Slingin rock on da corner
 
NTexas_V-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sherman TX
Posts: 3,451
My XD .45 Tactical is the main home defense gun, 13 rounds of 200 grain JHP +P robber stopper!

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.


God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
NTexas_V-Star is offline  
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Arlington/Lejune
Posts: 768
iv got the XDm 40 and i love it and i got my wife the XD 9 sub compact both great guns but the 40 is my CCW and i have no problems with it

R.I.P. Lcpl Ivan I. Wilson K.I.A. July 21 2008
89stang is offline  
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Afghanistan
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89stang View Post
iv got the XDm 40 and i love it and i got my wife the XD 9 sub compact both great guns but the 40 is my CCW and i have no problems with it
I have the same XDm. What holster do you use for concealment?

.مايك كيرشنر ، المسافر من العالم


08 Ford F250 FX4
07 Yamaha 700R

07 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
08 Harley Night Rod Special
Mike K25 is offline  
post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Arlington/Lejune
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K25 View Post
I have the same XDm. What holster do you use for concealment?
i got a blackhawk holster at a gun show and i carry it on my hip iv been looking for a differnt holster just because that blackhawk one is a little uncomfortable when i carried my Sig i used a galco and im looking one of those for my XDm

R.I.P. Lcpl Ivan I. Wilson K.I.A. July 21 2008
89stang is offline  
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 02:20 PM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
I shoot a Glock 19 and dig it, 15+1 is nice too. I think the XDs are very nice guns as well as S&W, Kimber...etc..etc all make nice handguns.

IMHO, I don't see how anyone can dictate one gun is better then another - unless they preface it being a preference. i.e. Lotta people love Kimbers...etc, but I prefer my Glock. There are some big Glock haters though.

Anyway, I think th XD will be a good reliable weapon. As long as it shoots a round, straight when the trigger is pulled that's a good gun. Everything past that is preference/bells/whistles IMO.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Thumbs up

Thanks for all the input everyone. Looks like I like it for a reason Now to actually go out and buy it.

I'm not looking to carry BTW.
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 04:51 PM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4 View Post
Thanks for all the input everyone. Looks like I like it for a reason Now to actually go out and buy it.

I'm not looking to carry BTW.
Already a CHL holder? Awesome instructor at the Bullet Trap in Plano. 130...2 range passes, 1 rental, paperwork and 10 hours of classroom.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Afghanistan
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
Awesome instructor at the Bullet Trap in Plano.
+1 he kept it interesting.

.مايك كيرشنر ، المسافر من العالم


08 Ford F250 FX4
07 Yamaha 700R

07 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
08 Harley Night Rod Special
Mike K25 is offline  
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 06:05 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K25 View Post
+1 he kept it interesting.
When did you go? But ya, some of the most driest material he was able to keep me awake...after a big 'ole burger for lunch.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Afghanistan
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
When did you go? But ya, some of the most driest material he was able to keep me awake...after a big 'ole burger for lunch.
Same day you went? 29th? I seen a black 05+ stang, was that you?

.مايك كيرشنر ، المسافر من العالم


08 Ford F250 FX4
07 Yamaha 700R

07 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
08 Harley Night Rod Special
Mike K25 is offline  
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 08:02 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K25 View Post
Same day you went? 29th? I seen a black 05+ stang, was that you?
Na, I'll admit to my Mustang being a bit of a .... garage ornament. I was the fat dude near the door incase the instructor went insane or something.

I saw the black one and wondered too. Please tell me you were not the guy, in the front row on the right.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Afghanistan
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
I saw the black one and wondered too. Please tell me you were not the guy, in the front row on the right.
my brother and I could barely contain our laughter. Was his mom the one that sat there and kept saying "yeah, uh-huh, ok, yeah, etc" as if the instructor was talking to her directly?

.مايك كيرشنر ، المسافر من العالم


08 Ford F250 FX4
07 Yamaha 700R

07 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
08 Harley Night Rod Special
Mike K25 is offline  
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 528
Any one have feed back on the taurus 24/7 ?
Almoststock is offline  
post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2009, 09:37 AM
duh...duh....duh
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ES BEER
Posts: 9,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike K25 View Post
my brother and I could barely contain our laughter. Was his mom the one that sat there and kept saying "yeah, uh-huh, ok, yeah, etc" as if the instructor was talking to her directly?
hahaha, yup that's the pair alright. Wonder if they were able to qualify. My friend and I almost lost it a couple of times. With both of them and their antics.

My '03 Sold.
ceyko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome