Travel to Colorado - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Travel to Colorado

Anyone make the trip to Colorado from texas and know the rules and laws of transporting a conceled handgun? Tell me about it.

4.6, Built Auto w/ Baumann engineering controller and 3200 stall built by Mikes Trick Shift, P1SC @ 8psi, 3.73 gears, stage two comp cams, Trick flow 75mm TB and plenum, Diablo custom tune, pro star big and littles, Full tubular supension w/ adjustable front and rear Strange struts and shocks, sub frame conectors, coil over, Tubular "K", Eighbach drag launch springs & air bag, 440 RWHP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 281 View Post
Anyone make the trip to Colorado from texas and know the rules and laws of transporting a conceled handgun? Tell me about it.
I do it once a month. Do you have a Texas CHL? If so it is honored in New Mexico and Colorado. In Colorado and New Mexico you can carry in vehicle like in Texas without CHL. You can carry open in New Mexico and Colorado. You can go into just about any place in Colorado (except government buildings and such) including bars. In New Mexico(with CHL) you can go into a place that sells alcohol for off premisses consumption but not anyplace that sells alcohol for on premiss consumption. Othe minor laws regarding facilities and state wildlife refuges.

Go here for a look.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Wayne in FW
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Colorado Dreamin'

You can also check out www.opencarry.org for additional information. As Wayne said, you are good concealing it in your car the entire trip. As he said, New Mexico and Colorado are both open carry states, no license needed but there are some limitations and not all law enforcement is up on the law, so if you plan to open carry do some reading first.

90 Bronco

When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story. - Barney Stinson

A lie is a great story that someone ruined with the truth. - Barney Stinson

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Lifer

Thats good to know. I just got back from there. I was seen a couple of times with mine, and no one seem to care.

All men should know Honor first, above all else!

Honor is not holding your hand out for something you did not earn.
Honor is not forcing your ideas, or belief on others.
Honor is not something given to you by way of job, or title.

Honor is learned, earned, practiced and respected by all decent men and women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement