DFW Mustang Forums banner

Travel to Colorado

337 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  tazz007 
#1 ·
Anyone make the trip to Colorado from texas and know the rules and laws of transporting a conceled handgun? Tell me about it.

#2 ·
I do it once a month. Do you have a Texas CHL? If so it is honored in New Mexico and Colorado. In Colorado and New Mexico you can carry in vehicle like in Texas without CHL. You can carry open in New Mexico and Colorado. You can go into just about any place in Colorado (except government buildings and such) including bars. In New Mexico(with CHL) you can go into a place that sells alcohol for off premisses consumption but not anyplace that sells alcohol for on premiss consumption. Othe minor laws regarding facilities and state wildlife refuges.

Go here for a look.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Wayne in FW

#3 ·
You can also check out www.opencarry.org for additional information. As Wayne said, you are good concealing it in your car the entire trip. As he said, New Mexico and Colorado are both open carry states, no license needed but there are some limitations and not all law enforcement is up on the law, so if you plan to open carry do some reading first.

#4 ·
Thats good to know. I just got back from there. I was seen a couple of times with mine, and no one seem to care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.