Good stories from my neck of the woods. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Thumbs up Good stories from my neck of the woods.

Gun owners fighting back.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori....6bcd92e1.html

Wounded carjacking suspect bursts into family's home after being shot by 74-year-old

06:03 PM CDT on Thursday, July 23, 2009

KHOU.com staff report

HOUSTON – A southwest Houston woman is telling a terrifying tale Thursday after a suspected carjacking suspect burst into her home, then crashed through a closed window and ran away.

The woman said a man with a gunshot wound ran through her home in the 10900 block of Corona. She said the individual then broke her kitchen window to get out. It happened around 6:30 a.m.

Police say the intruder was an 18-year-old boy. They say the woman's 74-year-old neighbor shot the teen in the stomach after he tried to carjack him at Wilcrest and Corona.

The wounded suspect was picked up several blocks from the neighborhood at Wilcrest and Bellaire and taken to a Houston area hospital. His condition is unknown.

The 18-year-old is expected to be charged with attempted robbery.

The man who was reportedly defending himself is not expected to face any charges.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori....606fe098.html

Teen who shot intruder in Spring Branch home: 'I was scared'

07:20 AM CDT on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

By Allison Triarsi / 11 News

RICHMOND, Texas—When a Richmond family bought a rifle as a safety measure for their rental property in Spring Branch, they never imagined it would actually become the deciding factor in a frightening, life-or-death scenario.

But that’s exactly what happened last week inside their home on Kerrwood.

The family’s 16-year-old son, who 11 News will identify only as Jordan, shot and killed an armed intruder Thursday morning.

Jordan was staying at the home at the time, helping his parents renovate the place for extra money.

Jordan told 11 News he was sleeping on a couch in the living room alone when he was awakened by a “bang.”

He said he looked up and found a strange man had kicked in the back door and entered the property.

“This man looked at me with an evil purpose,” Jordan said.

But what the intruder didn’t know is that Jordan is not your average teen. He is a trained marksman who has attended and been recognized at summer military programs.

Thinking quickly, Jordan said he remembered what his father had told him when the rifle was purchased.

“I ran to the back room, and on the wood floors when you’re running you can hear the steps, and I started hearing the guy coming after me,” Jordan said.

Jordan said the intruder chased him down and was steps away when he drew out a pistol.

“I was scared,” Jordan said.

And in a split second, he made a choice.

“Fearing for my life, I shot him,” Jordan said.

The man collapsed, but Jordan said he was still groaning on the floor. He knew he had to get out of the house.

Jordan opened the window in the back bedroom, kicked out the screen and ran to get help from a neighbor.

Police said the intruder died in the home he intended to rob.

“It wasn’t something that I wanted to do. It was just something necessary to protect myself,” Jordan said.

Jordan said that with some counseling, he thinks he’ll be fine.

His family said they feel more than just lucky.
“We just feel blessed. We just thank God that we have him still,” Jordan’s dad said

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori....607f85aa.html

HPD: Deadly shooting involving man, nephew appears to be self-defense

10:24 AM CDT on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

By Rosa Flores / 11 News

HOUSTON—Houston homicide detectives are investigating a shooting in Southeast Houston involving an uncle and a nephew.

Police arrived at the scene in the 6000 block of Doulton Drive around 2 a.m. Tuesday.

When they got there, officers said they found a 40-year-old man in the middle of the street with a shot to the chest.

That man was transported to Ben Taub in critical condition and later died.

The man’s uncle said he called police after shooting his nephew.

In an interview with police, the 50-year-old uncle told investigators that it all started late Monday night when he asked his nephew to leave his house.

The uncle told police the nephew left, but then he came back armed with a pipe.

The uncle said the nephew advanced toward him in a threatening way, so he shot him.

Investigators said the shooting appears to be a case of self-defense and will be referred to a grand jury with no charges recommended.

A juvenile witness told police the man who died was under the influence of alcohol, but a toxicology report will have to confirm that.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
“It wasn’t something that I wanted to do. It was just something necessary to protect myself,” Jordan said.
That's what its all about. Too bad the MSM/nutso-Liberals will never get that.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Lifer

2 and a half down... 47 million to go... very nice...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Clown

I am surprised that the liberal Obama endorsing Chron didn't right the articles faulting the gun owners for excessive force.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 06:26 AM
老师

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
[COLOR="Red"]Teen who shot intruder in Spring Branch home: 'I was scared'

....rifle....rifle....pistol.
wat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement