Alpine shooting range - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Alpine shooting range

Do they have an insanely high markup on guns or something? Went there today to shoot some trap with my dad and bro and they wanted like $5,000 for an AK-47 and over $6,000 for a PS90. Just thought that was nuts to ask that much. I'm pretty sure you can buy a small missile for that price.
poopnut2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 10:09 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET
 
HOOCBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DFW MUSTANGS . NET
Posts: 3,771
semi or full auto?

if semi, they're fucking nuts

if full auto, well, I don't know what those are running...

HOOCBB is offline  
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
semi or full auto?

if semi, they're fucking nuts

if full auto, well, I don't know what those are running...
Semi on the PS90. Don't know about the AK.
poopnut2 is offline  
 
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 10:40 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET
 
HOOCBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DFW MUSTANGS . NET
Posts: 3,771
most expensive PS90 on gunbroker.com is $1950...$6000 is WAY to high

Mitchell Arms - Yugoslavian AK47 7.62 NATO (claims to be unfired) has a Buy Now price of $2950 on Gunbroker...it is the most expensive...search term was simply "AK47"

HOOCBB is offline  
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
most expensive PS90 on gunbroker.com is $1950...$6000 is WAY to high

Mitchell Arms - Yugoslavian AK47 7.62 NATO (claims to be unfired) has a Buy Now price of $2950 on Gunbroker...it is the most expensive...search term was simply "AK47"
I'm no gun nut or anything so I don't know going prices but even I was thinking "Damn!" I did enjoy my trap shooting though.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 11:29 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
Mitchell Arms - Yugoslavian AK47 7.62 NATO (claims to be unfired) has a Buy Now price of $2950 on Gunbroker...it is the most expensive...search term was simply "AK47"
AK47 that shoots 7.62 NATO?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
AK47 that shoots 7.62 NATO?
That ain't the first. The 7.62x54R is in a lot, and the M76 is available in 8mm Mauser.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 10:28 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET
 
HOOCBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DFW MUSTANGS . NET
Posts: 3,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
AK47 that shoots 7.62 NATO?
that's what the ad said...

HOOCBB is offline  
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Maybe they are on consignment?
Hass is offline  
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 11:52 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
no, they are ridiculously expensive on everything. Me and patrick were there yesterday as well, just about the whole day... you might have seen us.
CJ is offline  
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 962
^ right CJ i dont exist...
Mr_fiux is offline  
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
no, they are ridiculously expensive on everything. Me and patrick were there yesterday as well, just about the whole day... you might have seen us.
We were there from about 3 - 4pm. All we did was shoot a case of pigeons, looked around the store for a bit, then left. We heard somebody shooting a big ass rifle on the rifle range. That wasn't you was it?
poopnut2 is offline  
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 08:03 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
We were there from about 3 - 4pm. All we did was shoot a case of pigeons, looked around the store for a bit, then left. We heard somebody shooting a big ass rifle on the rifle range. That wasn't you was it?
probably not, by that time we were on the pistol range goofing around. Adolfo was there also.
CJ is offline  
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 08:05 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
probably not, by that time we were on the pistol range goofing around. Adolfo was there also.
ALL GNOMES MUST DIE !!!!

Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 08:11 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
ALL GNOMES MUST DIE !!!!

gnomes were harmed in the making of this story.
CJ is offline  
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Old Timer
 
Dacotua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Flower Mound
Posts: 4,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
AK47 that shoots 7.62 NATO?
I've seen AK's that were chambered for 7.62x51 Nato. They are really big, large bore barrels, and have special mags. Do a google search for a AK in .308Win.

(.308 Win chambers can fire 7.62 Nato).

And they cost around 700 bucks, not 6k

2006 Mustang GT
Dacotua is offline  
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 09:04 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua View Post
I've seen AK's that were chambered for 7.62x51 Nato. They are really big, large bore barrels, and have special mags. Do a google search for a AK in .308Win.

(.308 Win chambers can fire 7.62 Nato).

And they cost around 700 bucks, not 6k
they should use the factory barrel, just a different trunion.
CJ is offline  
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
Do they have an insanely high markup on guns or something? Went there today to shoot some trap with my dad and bro and they wanted like $5,000 for an AK-47 and over $6,000 for a PS90. Just thought that was nuts to ask that much. I'm pretty sure you can buy a small missile for that price.
I work have Alpine. Have for over 7 years. The Century AK is tagged at 619 and a new PS90 is tagged at 1895. Not sure where you got those prices.

And all you have to do is ask for me to get the DFWstangs discount.

-Dave
'01 Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion176
turn key minus motor and tires for $4500
DHGBullitt3345 is offline  
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Never been.
David is offline  
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Sure Shot
 
97blkpny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: in the duck blind...
Posts: 3,353
DHGBullitt3345, might have to hit you up! I go out there quite often to shoot sporting clays.

97blkpny is offline  
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 01:15 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHGBullitt3345 View Post
I work have Alpine. Have for over 7 years. The Century AK is tagged at 619 and a new PS90 is tagged at 1895. Not sure where you got those prices.

And all you have to do is ask for me to get the DFWstangs discount.
Hmm... that's odd... you must have talked to us, we were at the gun case and patrick picked up a 1911 and looked at it, made a comment about the plastic on the kimber. Didnt know we had a discount!
CJ is offline  
post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 231
I wasn't there Friday or Saturday. Just ask for Dave-o or Brant. One of us is always here.

-Dave
'01 Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion176
turn key minus motor and tires for $4500
DHGBullitt3345 is offline  
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 101
Hell yea! I will be frequenting Alpine more often.
ace2985 is offline  
post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 01:27 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHGBullitt3345 View Post
I wasn't there Friday or Saturday. Just ask for Dave-o or Brant. One of us is always here.
What kind of DFWstangs discount on once fired brass? How much do DFWstangers have to pay for the range?
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
What kind of DFWstangs discount on once fired brass? How much do DFWstangers have to pay for the range?
Range brass would be $3.75 per pound, $5 regular

Range is $7.50, $9 regular.

-Dave
'01 Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion176
turn key minus motor and tires for $4500
DHGBullitt3345 is offline  
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHGBullitt3345 View Post
Range brass would be $3.75 per pound, $5 regular

Range is $7.50, $9 regular.
The brass include .223 brass?
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
The brass include .223 brass?

Sure does. As long as we have some here.

-Dave
'01 Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion176
turn key minus motor and tires for $4500
DHGBullitt3345 is offline  
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 02:27 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHGBullitt3345 View Post
Sure does. As long as we have some here.
Sometime next week I am hoping you have 14-15 pounds of it there.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 231
Currently have close to 50lbs.

-Dave
'01 Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion176
turn key minus motor and tires for $4500
DHGBullitt3345 is offline  
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 03:15 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHGBullitt3345 View Post
Currently have close to 50lbs.
I will be in there for some of that sometime next week or the week after.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 05:38 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
I will buy a few thousands rounds of .223. Do you separate 7.62x51 from the .308 commercial brass?
CJ is offline  
post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 231
The range officers normally do not separate military from commercial brass.

-Dave
'01 Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion176
turn key minus motor and tires for $4500
DHGBullitt3345 is offline  
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 05:58 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHGBullitt3345 View Post
The range officers normally do not separate military from commercial brass.
if by chance that were to happen, I would buy all the 7.62x51.
CJ is offline  
post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 231
Since we don't allow any FMJ on the range, we tend to not get much military brass anyway.

-Dave
'01 Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion176
turn key minus motor and tires for $4500
DHGBullitt3345 is offline  
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 06:30 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHGBullitt3345 View Post
Since we don't allow any FMJ on the range, we tend to not get much military brass anyway.
that actually makes a lot of sense.
CJ is offline  
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHGBullitt3345 View Post
I work have Alpine. Have for over 7 years. The Century AK is tagged at 619 and a new PS90 is tagged at 1895. Not sure where you got those prices.

And all you have to do is ask for me to get the DFWstangs discount.
That's what my brother was saying was on the price tag. I'm only going by what he said. Some kid showed the PS90 to us. Kinda chunkier, really heavy breather. Nice kid though. I could have swore I heard him say $6200 for the PS90, too.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Die Wundergroin Schlägt Wieder Zu!
Posts: 2,484
Dave is a good dude, true story.

One of these weekends, I need to sneak away out there and put a few through the XDm40.
helosailor is offline  
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Licking the windows!
 
MireFire 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: In the tall grass with Snake Doctor
Posts: 3,283
Well hot damn, now I have reason to go shoot this SKS. CeeeJ, Pat you down sometime?

"Friends" help you move......."Real Friends" help you move bodies!

GIFSoup
MireFire 2.0 is offline  
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Censored
 
big_tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 3,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
That's what my brother was saying was on the price tag. I'm only going by what he said. Some kid showed the PS90 to us. Kinda chunkier, really heavy breather. Nice kid though. I could have swore I heard him say $6200 for the PS90, too.
He must of thought you were a baller, and would pay that much. Pocket the $4k.

Doors Done Rite
big_tiger is offline  
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 01:01 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHGBullitt3345 View Post
Since we don't allow any FMJ on the range, we tend to not get much military brass anyway.
So can we forego the $1.50 range discount but get a waiver on the FMJ? j/k

Good to know that we have a hook up there.

I for one like Alpine, the range officers are good to go if they get to know the shooter.
sonic93 is offline  
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Texas Gumballer
 
gonzoSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: dallas
Posts: 2,257
Shit all I have is FMJ in .223. I'll have to came by sometime this week. You got any .308 brass?

gonzoSS is offline  
post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
ALL GNOMES MUST DIE !!!!

Many gnomes died that day... Fucking travelocity gnomes...
Mr_fiux is offline  
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2 View Post
That's what my brother was saying was on the price tag. I'm only going by what he said. Some kid showed the PS90 to us. Kinda chunkier, really heavy breather. Nice kid though. I could have swore I heard him say $6200 for the PS90, too.
Probably Shane, he mumbles sometimes. He was a real shy/strange guy before he started working for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helosailor View Post
Dave is a good dude, true story.

One of these weekends, I need to sneak away out there and put a few through the XDm40.
Thanks, Scott. Let me know if I can help ya anyway I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
So can we forego the $1.50 range discount but get a waiver on the FMJ? j/k

Good to know that we have a hook up there.

I for one like Alpine, the range officers are good to go if they get to know the shooter.
The FMJ thing is a safety/insurance thing otherwise we wouldn't mind it. We don't like it anymore than the shooters do. Telling people they can't shoot any of the 2k rounds of ammo they just bought isn't fun for us. Especially when we have to do it a few times a day.

The range officers aren't bad as long as you tell em what you're doing and chat with em a bit. It's really easy to follow the rules and have a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoSS View Post
Shit all I have is FMJ in .223. I'll have to came by sometime this week. You got any .308 brass?
We do have some 308 brass. Not a lot. Maybe 4-5 pounds.

-Dave
'01 Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion176
turn key minus motor and tires for $4500
DHGBullitt3345 is offline  
post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:55 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHGBullitt3345 View Post
Probably Shane, he mumbles sometimes. He was a real shy/strange guy before he started working for us.



Thanks, Scott. Let me know if I can help ya anyway I can.



The FMJ thing is a safety/insurance thing otherwise we wouldn't mind it. We don't like it anymore than the shooters do. Telling people they can't shoot any of the 2k rounds of ammo they just bought isn't fun for us. Especially when we have to do it a few times a day.

The range officers aren't bad as long as you tell em what you're doing and chat with em a bit. It's really easy to follow the rules and have a good time.



We do have some 308 brass. Not a lot. Maybe 4-5 pounds.

explain the safety issue with FMJ.
CJ is offline  
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 08:57 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 231
When it hits certain parts of the target stands or backstop if doesn't 'give' like a lead core or non-fmj round. Where a regular round will flatten out or come apart completely the fmj will either go straight through (which isn't bad, just rough on target stands) or deflect (should still be caught by backstop/baffle).

With homes on three sides of the range that were not there when the range opened in the 1960's we have to limit that 1 in a 1,000,000 chance that a round gets out and hurts someone. Would only take one to shut us down.

-Dave
'01 Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion176
turn key minus motor and tires for $4500
DHGBullitt3345 is offline  
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 94
do you have any sweet deals on xd's right now?
93hatch is offline  
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93hatch View Post
do you have any sweet deals on xd's right now?
Shoot me a pm on what you want and I'll see what I can do.

-Dave
'01 Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion176
turn key minus motor and tires for $4500
DHGBullitt3345 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome