Anyone here running a 24" barrel on their AR? - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Anyone here running a 24" barrel on their AR?

I was wondering if anyone here had a 24" barrel on their AR. I'm looking for a 24" barrel in .223 or 6.8 - the .223 barrel in a 1-8/1-7.7 for some heavier rounds.
CJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Nope
David is offline  
post #3 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 05:33 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I was wondering if anyone here had a 24" barrel on their AR. I'm looking for a 24" barrel in .223 or 6.8 - the .223 barrel in a 1-8/1-7.7 for some heavier rounds.
Sounds interesting. How much more velocity out of a 24" over a 20"?
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
 
post #4 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
Sounds interesting. How much more velocity out of a 24" over a 20"?

from what I can gather, and what I guess between 150-300fps.
CJ is offline  
post #5 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 05:53 PM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I was wondering if anyone here had a 24" barrel on their AR. I'm looking for a 24" barrel in .223 or 6.8 - the .223 barrel in a 1-8/1-7.7 for some heavier rounds.
If you're getting the 6.8, I have a ten round cproducts mag that I will trade you. Its new in the package. I just want one of your 30 round 5.56's.

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #6 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
If you're getting the 6.8, I have a ten round cproducts mag that I will trade you. Its new in the package. I just want one of your 30 round 5.56's.
how did you end up getting a 6.8 mag? I'll trade you for one of my 5.56 mags no problem.
CJ is offline  
post #7 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: arlington, tx
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I was wondering if anyone here had a 24" barrel on their AR. I'm looking for a 24" barrel in .223 or 6.8 - the .223 barrel in a 1-8/1-7.7 for some heavier rounds.
if you are going to be shooting from a bench then i say go for it. everything i have ever read says that the 24" is just added weight you have to lug around. most guys seemed to say the same thing... the weight is not worth any marginal gain from the longer barrel. i dont have any experience personally, but it seems to be a good point. are you plan on doing match shooting?
kc50lx is offline  
post #8 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc50lx View Post
if you are going to be shooting from a bench then i say go for it. everything i have ever read says that the 24" is just added weight you have to lug around. most guys seemed to say the same thing... the weight is not worth any marginal gain from the longer barrel. i dont have any experience personally, but it seems to be a good point. are you plan on doing match shooting?
it's 1 lb of added weight to the muzzle, after lugging around my G3, that doesn't mean shit to me - an AR feels like a balsa dowel in my hands. But I have really become interested in bench shooting - especially to further refine my hand loads.
CJ is offline  
post #9 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc50lx View Post
if you are going to be shooting from a bench then i say go for it. everything i have ever read says that the 24" is just added weight you have to lug around.
Seriously? Have you ever met CJ?


I think I could jump on his back and he might notice. Then again, he might not.

I think CJ could probably pick up a long block and carry it.
03trubluGT is offline  
post #10 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Do it.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #11 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In The Country
Posts: 89
20 is plenty.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Bigjeep is offline  
post #12 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjeep View Post
20 is plenty.
Maybe he's got something nifty already picked out. Be supportive.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #13 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In The Country
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
Maybe he's got something nifty already picked out. Be supportive.
Ok maybe I was a bit harsh with my 20 comment. I have 2 20's one a full bull floated .223 chamber and my buddy has a 24 configured like mine. When we took them out the 24" did not shoot any better at 200 than the 20" did. He sure was tires of lugging it around after we were done. :-)

The only thing about a 24" is when you get tired of it they are really hard to sell.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Bigjeep is offline  
post #14 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjeep View Post
Ok maybe I was a bit harsh with my 20 comment. I have 2 20's one a full bull floated .223 chamber and my buddy has a 24 configured like mine. When we took them out the 24" did not shoot any better at 200 than the 20" did. He sure was tires of lugging it around after we were done. :-)

The only thing about a 24" is when you get tired of it they are really hard to sell.
how well did your 20 shoot 90/100 grain rounds?
CJ is offline  
post #15 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In The Country
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
how well did your 20 shoot 90/100 grain rounds?
Not worth a damn. Thats what the 10FP bolt rifle I have is for and yes it does have a 24" barrel. You got me. :-)

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Bigjeep is offline  
post #16 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjeep View Post
Not worth a damn. Thats what the 10FP bolt rifle I have is for and yes it does have a 24" barrel. You got me. :-)
yeah I'm going to be shooting some hefty boat tails through it, that is the primary reason. I was reading a ballistic review of the different barrels, and the 24" really shines with the heavier grain bullets.
CJ is offline  
post #17 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In The Country
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
yeah I'm going to be shooting some hefty boat tails through it, that is the primary reason. I was reading a ballistic review of the different barrels, and the 24" really shines with the heavier grain bullets.
Here are my 2 tack drivers I was wrong measured the Savage and its a 22" thats odd was sure I bought a 24" but it has been a few years.

I shoot 68 and 80gn out of mine never shot 90 or 100 thats pretty heavy for a .223 would be interested to see how it works.

http://www.bigjeep.com/images/dfwstangs/223.jpg

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Bigjeep is offline  
post #18 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjeep View Post
Here are my 2 tack drivers I was wrong measured the Savage and its a 22" thats odd was sure I bought a 24" but it has been a few years.

I shoot 68 and 80gn out of mine never shot 90 or 100 thats pretty heavy for a .223 would be interested to see how it works.

http://www.bigjeep.com/images/dfwstangs/223.jpg
what twist is your 20?
CJ is offline  
post #19 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In The Country
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
what twist is your 20?
Both rifles are 1 in 9 but I think a 1 in 8 may be better choice but who knows.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Bigjeep is offline  
post #20 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Psycho Pilot Racing
 
cobra93teal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 1,502
I have a 24in on my 6.5 Grendel

**Disclaimer: Opinions cited by me are not necessarily my opinions.
Facts cited by me are not necessarily facts.
cobra93teal is offline  
post #21 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In The Country
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra93teal View Post
I have a 24in on my 6.5 Grendel
What made you pick the grendel over the 6.8 rem? Just wondering because I really want a 6.8 or one of the new 30RAR.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Bigjeep is offline  
post #22 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjeep View Post
Both rifles are 1 in 9 but I think a 1 in 8 may be better choice but who knows.
1:9 is fine for the lower grain bullets, 1:7 is what you need to stabilize the 90-100 grain BT's.
CJ is offline  
post #23 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In The Country
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
1:9 is fine for the lower grain bullets, 1:7 is what you need to stabilize the 90-100 grain BT's.
Have you decided what barrel brand and upper you want to get?

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Bigjeep is offline  
post #24 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjeep View Post
Have you decided what barrel brand and upper you want to get?
I had one come up that looks like a great deal. It's a 24" Sabre 1:8 twist Heavy Bench fluted bull barrel mounted to a Cerro forge (keyhole) upper receiver. Has 11 degree recessed target crown. Has a free float handguard with sling swivel stud.

CJ is offline  
post #25 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In The Country
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I had one come up that looks like a great deal. It's a 24" Sabre 1:8 twist Heavy Bench fluted bull barrel mounted to a Cerro forge (keyhole) upper receiver. Has 11 degree recessed target crown. Has a free float handguard with sling swivel stud.

Wow thats really nice. Does it come with a bolt and charging handle?
1:8 should work fine for what you are going to do. I have had a couple 20" 1:7 hbars one colt and one bushmaster over the years. Could never get either one of them to shoot worth a damn so I got rid of them.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Bigjeep is offline  
post #26 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjeep View Post
Wow thats really nice. Does it come with a bolt and charging handle?
1:8 should work fine for what you are going to do. I have had a couple 20" 1:7 hbars one colt and one bushmaster over the years. Could never get either one of them to shoot worth a damn so I got rid of them.
he said no, but on another ad he said he did have it, so I'm going to try and talk him out of it.
CJ is offline  
post #27 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In The Country
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
he said no, but on another ad he said he did have it, so I'm going to try and talk him out of it.
If he wants to sell it bad enough he will include them. Its a buyers market now since the rush is over.

Let me know how it works for you.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Bigjeep is offline  
post #28 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjeep View Post
If he wants to sell it bad enough he will include them. Its a buyers market now since the rush is over.

Let me know how it works for you.
weird thing is he says he only wants a usps money order because his paypal account got shut down. He's in austin. Sounds a little suspicious - think if he'll include the BCG/CH I'll drive down there and inspect it myself.
CJ is offline  
post #29 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
weird thing is he says he only wants a usps money order because his paypal account got shut down. He's in austin. Sounds a little suspicious - think if he'll include the BCG/CH I'll drive down there and inspect it myself.
Paypal shuts down accounts that have done firearm related transactions. If it says gun in the decription PP will close the account.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #30 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
Paypal shuts down accounts that have done firearm related transactions. If it says gun in the decription PP will close the account.
hahaha fucking paypal, another reason to hate them.
CJ is offline  
post #31 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
Paypal shuts down accounts that have done firearm related transactions. If it says gun in the decription PP will close the account.
That's why you dont add any description
David is offline  
post #32 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That's why you dont add any description
well, it's the person paying you that puts that in, wonder if they shut down both accounts or just one. If it's both you wouldn't have done anything and you get screwed because they are retarded.
CJ is offline  
post #33 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 11:11 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
hahaha fucking paypal, another reason to hate them.
Fuck Paypal, is there an alternative to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That's why you dont add any description
I get creative with strange ways to describe the item. I just make sure to make it sound like something totaly off the wall and not gun related.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #34 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Ive paid and received payment for tons of gun shit using Paypal.

The system blows, but it's where a lot of people hide money from their wives.
David is offline  
post #35 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
Fuck Paypal, is there an alternative to it?



I get creative with strange ways to describe the item. I just make sure to make it sound like something totaly off the wall and not gun related.
item description:

24" upper boomstick flat top.
CJ is offline  
post #36 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 11:20 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
item description:

24" upper boomstick flat top.
24" top end boom driven lead delivery device without optical peeper device attached to the up end.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #37 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Ive paid and received payment for tons of gun shit using Paypal.

The system blows, but it's where a lot of people hide money from their wives.
lol, true.
CJ is offline  
post #38 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 01:08 AM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
how did you end up getting a 6.8 mag? I'll trade you for one of my 5.56 mags no problem.
i had one late last year after the election. i ended up selling it due to difficulty finding hunting ammo. and now you can get it everywhere. i got it because it has some serious knockdown power on big hogs. so consider it yours then...

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #39 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
i had one late last year after the election. i ended up selling it due to difficulty finding hunting ammo. and now you can get it everywhere. i got it because it has some serious knockdown power on big hogs. so consider it yours then...
Hey, looks like I'm going to be shooting hefty .223 instead of 6.8. We better get back out to Breckenridge, I need to put all this damn money to use.
CJ is offline  
post #40 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 01:26 AM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
Hey, looks like I'm going to be shooting hefty .223 instead of 6.8. We better get back out to Breckenridge, I need to put all this damn money to use.
Free moneys?
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #41 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
Free moneys?
nothing in the world is free
CJ is offline  
post #42 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 02:19 AM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
nothing in the world is free
Had to ruin my day by bringing truth into things.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #43 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
weird thing is he says he only wants a usps money order because his paypal account got shut down. He's in austin. Sounds a little suspicious - think if he'll include the BCG/CH I'll drive down there and inspect it myself.
Where is this posted? It would be quite easy to do so some research. If you don't want to post it here, PM it to me.
03trubluGT is offline  
post #44 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 08:20 AM
GROWED UP WRONG
 
Chopped54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: The Box Babies Come In
Posts: 7,413
I am working on a 24" varmint gun in .204 with a 1:12 twist. It will be shot from my stand, or high seat in my Ranger so I am not worried about carrying around a heavy gun. I already have a 16" heavy barrell AR that I use for hog hunting that I carry and it is not too bad.
Chopped54 is offline  
post #45 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: arlington, tx
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
Seriously? Have you ever met CJ?


I think I could jump on his back and he might notice. Then again, he might not.

I think CJ could probably pick up a long block and carry it.
seriously? I think CJ is the same guy that I lived with for two years. As a matter of fact he once pinned me to a wall by my throat with both my feet off the ground while in a very heated argument. So yea I would say I have met CJ a time or two!
kc50lx is offline  
post #46 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc50lx View Post
seriously? I think CJ is the same guy that I lived with for two years. As a matter of fact he once pinned me to a wall by my throat with both my feet off the ground while in a very heated argument. So yea I would say I have met CJ a time or two!
hahaha, the moral of that story is you shouldn't have 3 girlfriends at the same time.
CJ is offline  
post #47 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: arlington, tx
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
hahaha, the moral of that story is you shouldn't have 3 girlfriends at the same time.
moral of the story is dont get caught!
kc50lx is offline  
post #48 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
I'm going to need a decent riser to mount a scope on a flat top, anyone have a good one they could recommend?
CJ is offline  
post #49 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 01:06 PM
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I'm going to need a decent riser to mount a scope on a flat top, anyone have a good one they could recommend?
Command Arms for $20-25

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #50 of 136 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Have you ever shot an AR without a riser on a flat top? Seems like it would be uncomfortable. I don't have a front sight on this upper.
CJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome