so i want to begin building my lowers... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
African Booty Scratcher
 
ELVIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Uranus
Posts: 13,150
so i want to begin building my lowers...

any place i can order from and get my stuff in a reasonable amount of time, or should i just wait for a gun show and buy then?

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
ELVIS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Lifer
 
bronco71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Farmers Branch/Sulphur Bluff
Posts: 2,176
gun show has always been faster for me, should be one this weekend.
bronco71 is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 10:10 AM
GROWED UP WRONG
 
Chopped54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: The Box Babies Come In
Posts: 7,413
The high caliber show in Fort Worth is this weekend.
Chopped54 is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
are the gun shows still expensive as shit or have they come down in price?
CJ is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Lifer
 
Billyb0b81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Arlington
Posts: 1,050
It seems like its hit and miss. I have seen some peoples prices come down, but others are still high. I bought some stuff from model 1 not too long ago and they were very reasonable.

Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast.
Billyb0b81 is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 12:08 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyb0b81 View Post
It seems like its hit and miss. I have seen some peoples prices come down, but others are still high. I bought some stuff from model 1 not too long ago and they were very reasonable.
I was going to buy my whole AR from model1, but they said they have a 7 1/2 month wait time.

eeek.
CJ is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 12:18 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
yeah just called again to check on a 6.8 24" upper and they want 26 weeks... that's ridiculous.
CJ is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Lifer
 
bronco71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Farmers Branch/Sulphur Bluff
Posts: 2,176
their wait is terrible if you order.They bring a huge amount of uppers in all callibers and configurations to the show and they didn't jack up their prices like everyone else. But they won't be back to a DFW show till September......

They also bring stripped barrels for building your own.
bronco71 is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 01:35 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
yeah just called again to check on a 6.8 24" upper and they want 26 weeks... that's ridiculous.
Build it yourself man, I know the components arent that hard to track down at a reasonable price.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 03:07 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
Build it yourself man, I know the components arent that hard to track down at a reasonable price.
haha, man that's exactly what I had been telling people until I tried doing it.
CJ is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Lifer
 
bronco71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Farmers Branch/Sulphur Bluff
Posts: 2,176
ar15.com classified and gun shows to get the parts.....be sure to use a vise block if you use a stripped barrel...
bronco71 is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 08:24 PM
The token Asian guy
 
propellerhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SBRacing
Posts: 8,050
The gun dealer guy at my work has complete CMMG lowers, with parts kits and 6 position stocks for $225 + tax.

Contact:
[email protected]
Gerry C. Haight
817-602-0825

He's in Arlington.

propellerhead is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 08:33 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by propellerhead View Post
The gun dealer guy at my work has complete CMMG lowers, with parts kits and 6 position stocks for $225 + tax.

Contact:
[email protected]
Gerry C. Haight
817-602-0825

He's in Arlington.
does he have uppers?
CJ is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
African Booty Scratcher
 
ELVIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Uranus
Posts: 13,150
so 2 months later i guess i have started collecting parts. i dont know anything about ar's so forgive my ignorance.

i have-
stripped lower mil-spec
tapco mags
magpul ctr
mako grip

i need-
this is where i need the help gents. i would rather look like a fool here in front of the family rather than in a gunshop and get screwed. I would like to get at least one of these finished in the next couple of weeks. any info on what i need and where to get it would be great.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
ELVIS is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 04:04 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
so 2 months later i guess i have started collecting parts. i dont know anything about ar's so forgive my ignorance.

i have-
stripped lower mil-spec
tapco mags
magpul ctr
mako grip

i need-
this is where i need the help gents. i would rather look like a fool here in front of the family rather than in a gunshop and get screwed. I would like to get at least one of these finished in the next couple of weeks. any info on what i need and where to get it would be great.

god bless.
You need a lower parts kit ... check CTD or military gun supply.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 06:17 PM
GROWED UP WRONG
 
Chopped54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: The Box Babies Come In
Posts: 7,413
If you want to complete the rifle in one shot just grab a rifle kit. It will have everything you need to finish it and be ready to shoot in an hour!
Big Town Gun Show this weekend. It is the shittiest of the shows, but probably will have what you need.
Chopped54 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome