Anybody had your fingerprint cards come back? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Anybody had your fingerprint cards come back?

And how long did your license take afterward? After they sat on my application for a couple months they finally decided they didn't like my fingerprints for whatever reason, so they sent me a letter and a couple new cards to get them redone. As luck would have it I cut the shit out of my finger the next day, so it took me about a month to get the new cards done. Today makes 2 weeks since they received them back and still nothing.

I know people on here have said that once they send you something back like that it usually means they have your license done, so I was expecting it kind of quickly. Or maybe it will be like the first time I sent it in and it takes them a month just to take it out of the mailbox? AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!

Bottom line they first received my packet on march 3rd and I'm still "processing."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

my dad had his pics sent back because they were "too blurry" which i thought was crap and he sent the new ones in within about 2 weeks and still has waited another 3 months putting him at about 6 1/2 moths already. if that gives you any kind of idea on the delay you will expect from it
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Lifer

Two weeks is not really enough time to be worried. If I remember correctly they send one of those fingerprint cards to the FBI, and possibly run a background check with the other. This is probably what takes up the most time, meaning you may still have a while to wait. Had you just flubbed a number or missed a question on your application you may have it by now. I'm sure you have also heard that they are swamped right now.

Be patient and good luck.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Mmmmm..... BEER !

I had one of my photos sent back because the guy that took them didn't sign the back of it. I got it signed, and sent it back about 4 weeks ago. Website still shows processing application.

The person I talked to on the phone said everything else was good, and that is all they needed so I expected it wouldn't take too long, but wtf do I know?

Quote:
Originally posted by AbecX
I always thought grammer and spelling were some of the more important aspects in life, I mean after all, without it, we would all be doing your job for a living.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Mmmmm..... BEER !

Hell fuckin yeah!

Application Completed - license issued or certificate active 7/2/09

Quote:
I always thought grammer and spelling were some of the more important aspects in life, I mean after all, without it, we would all be doing your job for a living.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Congratulations man, I sure have been wishing to look and see that one day. Maybe mine will say that too in a couple weeks...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Mmmmm..... BEER !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtstang66 View Post
Congratulations man, I sure have been wishing to look and see that one day. Maybe mine will say that too in a couple weeks...
When did you send your packet in? Mine was sent 3/23 if that helps to give you an idea.

Quote:
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Lifer

Man, this is some bullshit.

Got my PIN on March 2 and STILL Processing Application.

I emailed them a couple weeks ago and I got a reply saying that all was well...they were just waiting on my background checks to get back to them. Evidently, my local background check is sitting on somebody's desk, buried underneath a ton of other paperwork.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Mmmmm..... BEER !

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post
Man, this is some bullshit.

Got my PIN on March 2 and STILL Processing Application.

I emailed them a couple weeks ago and I got a reply saying that all was well...they were just waiting on my background checks to get back to them. Evidently, my local background check is sitting on somebody's desk, buried underneath a ton of other paperwork.
Anything in the background holding it up? Sounds like somebody dropped the ball on yours. I didn't get my pin until the first or second week in April.

Quote:
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Lifer

For some reason, it's been taking anybody up here in this area to get their paperwork to go through. I dunno wtf. A friend of mine sent her paperwork off just before New Year's and she got hers at the first of June. I sent mine off approx. one month after she sent hers, so I'm expecting this super-slo-mo process to complete at the end of this month.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad88gt View Post
When did you send your packet in? Mine was sent 3/23 if that helps to give you an idea.
Well I did mine online so the timeline is a little different, applied about 2/9 online, received PIN about a week later, took the class 2/22 and they physically received my packet on 3/3. Finally took it out of the mailbox and started processing it on 4/2 I believe. Then like I said they sent it back 2 months later and I had it for about a month to get the prints redone. Hopefully it won't take them too much longer, I've been antsy for a long time now!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 01:04 AM
GE
Lifer

Why would anyone get regular fingerprints done? Electronic printing, FTW.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 06:36 PM
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE View Post
Why would anyone get regular fingerprints done? Electronic printing, FTW.
my instructor told us to get electronic, if you get normal ones you are taking a chance

the place here in dallas is down the street from my yob, woot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement