DFW Mustang Forums banner

DFW Master Ammo Price List

46K views 179 replies 50 participants last post by  epicVIN 
#1 · (Edited)
Jose and I had been talking about doing something like this via google docs. But, before we can get a document up for everyone to update real time, we need some information on who, where, what kind, and how much the ammo is in the metroplex - each time you guys pick up a box, stop by a list the price to help other dfwstanger's out when they are buying theirs. I'll work with everyone else to create a standardized document we can update and keep current. However you guys want to do it, type out the amount paid, or scan in a receipt. Once we get a few posts with ammo we'll get it rolling.

AMMO PRICE SPREADSHEET

Please post most recent ammunition finds and the sheet will be updated shortly.

#2 ·
Jose and I had been talking about doing something like this via google docs. But, before we can get a document up for everyone to update real time, we need some information on who, where, what kind, and how much the ammo is in the metroplex - each time you guys pick up a box, stop by a list the price to help other dfwstanger's out when they are buying theirs. I'll work with everyone else to create a standardized document we can update and keep current. However you guys want to do it, type out the amount paid, or scan in a receipt. Once we get a few posts with ammo we'll get it rolling.

Does it count if we steal it?

hehe

#16 ·
True, I find some ammo prices REDICULAS.

Also at some stores, I see shelves empty with all sorts of hunting ammo. Really people how many boxes of HUNTING ammo do you really need? I can understand buying a lot of FMJ for plinking but why buy every box of Nosler Partition Ammo or Soft Points on the shelf for a particular caliber?

I watched someone at cabelas take every box of .308 hunting ammo off the shelf last night. I told my wife, that guy is a freaking idiot and I'm sure that guy is a BIG TIME HUNTER.. Yeah right. Everyone I knows that hunts buys 3 boxes or so (One is used to sight the gun in and the remaining boxes last YEARS.....) Plus I'm sure he had a good 700-800 dollar bill for those 20-35 boxes of ammo he threw in his cart.

#19 ·
nope..Im looking for some as well. Talked with one company and they said Federal is on backorder and still filling orders from November. They said late spring possibly early summer if you order now.

#21 ·
Academy in Mesquite had about 4 boxes of WWB 45 acp for 41.99 yesterday.
Blazer 45 acp at 19.99 a box, there were probably about 30-40 boxes of it on the shelf, and a few boxes of monarch at 16.99 a box.

#28 ·
Ok...just got back from Cheaper than Dirt...

They have some Speer Gold Dot .380 for $25/50
Federal HST 9mm - $30/50
Federal HST .40 - $35/50
Federal HST .45 - $40/50

Needless to say, I didnt buy any .45. Im going to backorder from an online company at $26/box

#30 ·
Woot! Hopefully this will work out for everyone on the board that's looking for ammo! I've got 2 or 3 Walmarts on the way home that I can hit up so I'll be doing my part :D

#34 ·
Basically we need one other "volunteer" besides me and CJ to keep the list up to date. Everybody else can PM one of us (or all of us) to update it. I'll share out a link later today so everybody can take a look at it and offer suggestions. All it really looks like is a spreadsheet with prices and other basic information. Hopefully we can improve on it.

#36 ·
I would help keep it up to date. I hit up several sporting goods stores buying and pricing ammo weekly. Let me know if you want me to help.

#40 ·
OK, let's see how this works. Link is below. This is just the beginning and we hope to make it better and easier to view. I'm new to working with Google Docs and just starting to learn some of the features so any suggestions are welcome. Any ammo prices that you have please post on here with as much details as you can.

DFW Ammo Prices

#49 ·
Went by the Walmart in Grapevine tonight and they were dry for pistol ammo. Walmart by my house had some 9mm, .357 Sig, 380 ACP, and .38 Special +P ammo, maybe about 10 boxes or so. Couldn't find anyone working in the department went I stopped by otherwise I might have grabbed some .38 Special to replace some of what I shot this weekend :( Might try going by there again tomorrow.

DFW Stangs Ammo Price Sheet

#50 ·
Just wanted to let you guys know that ammunitiontogo.com got a bunch of Federal HST - Tactical Hydra Shok rounds in. I ordered a box of 50 rounds in both .40 and .380 about 10 mins ago. Not sure what other calibers they have as that is all I was looking for.

#51 ·
Sorry guys I don't have time to update the spreadsheet, but just stopped by the Wal-Mart off of Wheatland in South Dallas (basically Duncanville)

I snagged the last .223 Rem 20 rnd boxes for $8.47

They still have:

3 x .223 rem green box 50 rnd packs - $24.47
50 x .40 blazer brass 50 rnds - $12.47
3 x .45 auto rem green box 100 pack - $36.97
3 x .45 auto rem white box 100 pack - $29.97
ONE BOX - Winchester white .38 spl +P - $28.97

They had a ton of .270 and .300 but I don't think I saw any 9mm (the Sporting goods guy thought I was a comp pricer and was heckling me so I just grabbed my ammo and left)

#60 ·
My run today:
Code:
Caliber	Weight	Type	Case	Manu	Qty-pkg	Price	Location
0.40	180	FMJ	Brass	Blazer	50	$12.47	Walmart Denison
0.40	180	FMJ	Brass	Blazer	50	$12.50	Walmart Sherman
0.40	180	FMJ		Win	50		Gander Mountain
0.40	165	FMJ	Brass	Win	100	$39.99	Gander Mountain
0.40	165	FMJ	Brass	Blazer	50	$22.99	Gander Mountain
0.40	155	GDHP		Speer	20	$34.99	Gander Mountain
0.40	165	HPJ		Reming	20	$39.99	Gander Mountain
0.40	155	TMJ	Alum	Blazer	50	$29.99	Gander Mountain
0.40	165	GDHP		Speer	20	$34.99	Gander Mountain
0.40	180	FMJ	Brass	Federal	50	$17.00	Best Pawn Superstore
0.40	180	FMJ	Brass	Indepen	50	$19.95	Best Pawn Superstore
0.40	165	FMJ	Brass	Blazer	50	$18.50	Best Pawn Superstore
0.40	180	SFHP		StarFir	20	$19.00	Best Pawn Superstore
0.40	165	HJHP		Federal	20	$24.00	Best Pawn Superstore
0.40	180	GDHP		Speer	20	$25.00	Best Pawn Superstore
Unless otherwise noted, in Sherman.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.