UK gun control - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: North of Dallas
Posts: 423
UK gun control

Here's an interesting video on the UK's failed gun control and the erosion of individual rights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGVAQOUi6ec
John -- '02 HAWK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 12:05 AM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
REPunzle!
Cooter is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 06:35 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
You see how much better off they are without guns? You don't have to worry about getting shot when youre walking down the street to mug someone or break into their house in the middle of the night.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
You see how much better off they are without guns? You don't have to worry about getting shot when youre walking down the street to mug someone or break into their house in the middle of the night.
I felt safe walking the streets there at night to be honest during my semester at Oxford.


And I was more worried about being stabbed than shot (big stabbing problem, you even have to present an ID to buy a kitchen knife).



Their gun control works for them I suppose, but will not work for us. Bear in mind they can still own long guns (including bolt action and lever action) shotguns, and semi auto 22lr rifles.... so its not like an absolute prohibition. Even the police do not carry firearms in London.
DOHCTR is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 12:41 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
I felt safe walking the streets there at night to be honest during my semester at Oxford.


And I was more worried about being stabbed than shot (big stabbing problem, you even have to present an ID to buy a kitchen knife).



Their gun control works for them I suppose, but will not work for us. Bear in mind they can still own long guns (including bolt action and lever action) shotguns, and semi auto 22lr rifles.... so its not like an absolute prohibition. Even the police do not carry firearms in London.
Hrm, how do you consider it "works for them"? Doesn't appear to be the fact...
exlude is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
Hrm, how do you consider it "works for them"? Doesn't appear to be the fact...
The citizens dont care very much, and it says something when the police dont have firearms on their person.
DOHCTR is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
The citizens dont care very much, and it says something when the police dont have firearms on their person.
Because, save for special teams, they aren't allowed to. Doesn't mean it's safer, check out the crime statistics. I feel good feeling is nice and dandy and all, but when it conflicts with reality, some may call that naivety.

http://www.policyexchange.org.uk/ima...images/282.pdf
exlude is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome