Cop ignorant to CHL laws - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Cop ignorant to CHL laws

Well last night about 1:00 am I got pulled over by DWG for no front license plate. I was actually pulling in my driveway when he pulled up behind me and flipped on his lights. I had been at a buddys house and forgot to grab my wallet when I left. I had to go inside my house and get my DL. Then I realized I forgot to give him CHL so I go back inside and got my new insurance card and my CHL. After sitting in his tahoe for a little bit, he comes back up to me and said he was going to issue me a fix it ticket and basically said to just go to the courthouse and show them the plate on the front and my DL. He then proceeds to tell me he is not going to do anything about not presenting my CHL initially. I told him I was not carrying at the moment and I did not need to carry it. He told me that it was required by law that I carry it regardless if I am carrying or not. I just kept my mouth shut, but I do plan on taking a copy of the book with me to court to prove him wrong.

Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 07:40 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

proving a cop wrong will usually cause said cop to be harder on you next time...

Laws change so often that it's difficult for every cop to keep up with all of them all at once. That's why they carry a book with the Penal Code for reference.

A word of advise for you though...

Leave it be and always carry your license with you. When you are stopped, present both DL and CHL and you will be fine, regardless of your carry status.

I would rather hand the officer my plastic when I'm not carrying than have him run my DL and find out that way that I have a CHL, he will then come back and ask why you didn't hand over your CHL and if you were carrying, ect. Cops jobs are stressful enough as it is. They don't need us CHLers adding to it by surprising them with that information instead of being up front.

post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 07:44 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyb0b81 View Post
Well last night about 1:00 am I got pulled over by DWG for no front license plate. I was actually pulling in my driveway when he pulled up behind me and flipped on his lights. I had been at a buddys house and forgot to grab my wallet when I left. I had to go inside my house and get my DL. Then I realized I forgot to give him CHL so I go back inside and got my new insurance card and my CHL. After sitting in his tahoe for a little bit, he comes back up to me and said he was going to issue me a fix it ticket and basically said to just go to the courthouse and show them the plate on the front and my DL. He then proceeds to tell me he is not going to do anything about not presenting my CHL initially. I told him I was not carrying at the moment and I did not need to carry it. He told me that it was required by law that I carry it regardless if I am carrying or not. I just kept my mouth shut, but I do plan on taking a copy of the book with me to court to prove him wrong.
Was he a really young kid? Or was he older with dark hair?

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

i was told in my class to always present both. carrying or not

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
proving a cop wrong will usually cause said cop to be harder on you next time...

Laws change so often that it's difficult for every cop to keep up with all of them all at once. That's why they carry a book with the Penal Code for reference.

Leave it be and always carry your license with you. When you are stopped, present both DL and CHL and you will be fine, regardless of your carry status.

I would rather hand the officer my plastic when I'm not carrying than have him run my DL and find out that way that I have a CHL, he will then come back and ask why you didn't hand over your CHL and if you were carrying, ect. Cops jobs are stressful enough as it is. They don't need us CHLers adding to it by surprising them with that information instead of being up front.
I do not think that law has changed. I know it hasn't since I took the class anyways. I do however always carry my license with me at all times, I just left it at home in my wallet by accident. And DWG police don't have a stressful job. All they do is sit around waiting for someone to go 3 mph over the speed limit. I know two people that work for them, their jobs are not stessful at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
Was he a really young kid? Or was he older with dark hair?

He was a younger guy, pretty skinny. He didn't look real young though, probably late 20's or ealy 30's. I know two guys that I went to school with that work for them, so hopefully they can help me get them dismissed.

Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast.
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrash View Post
i was told in my class to always present both. carrying or not
I was told that in my class that it was considered a courtesy to present both because dispatch will always come back and tell them you have a CHL. But I was also told that you are not required to carry your chl license if you are not carrying. My CHL stays right behind my DL in my wallet. My sister grabbed my DL and gave it to the officer and she did not know to get my CHL. I had to go get my insurance and I got the CHL when I saw she did not give it to him. He then tried to tell me that failure to present a CHL, carrying or not, was an offense.

post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 11:22 PM
CJ

Quote:
He was a younger guy, pretty skinny. He didn't look real young though, probably late 20's or ealy 30's. I know two guys that I went to school with that work for them, so hopefully they can help me get them dismissed.

Alright. The reason I ask is because a pair of DWG officers were at the end of my street, one was like 19, maybe. I drove out of my street, then realized I forgot the liquor, turned around and grabbed it, came back to the end of my street to get onto fielder, and the kid walks over to my window and taps real hard on my glass. I rolled down the window and he said "Can I help you with something" and then stared me down, I chuckled and said "No, thank you" and then he shot back "Well, you've been driving back and forth" waiting on another answer, so I said "Yeah, I live here, I have to pass you when I go to my house." And he continued "Well, I just wanted to make sure" and strolled off.

I'm pretty young myself, but shit I just can't respect a kid that looks like he is in high school and being a cocky little shit.

But as for departments, I'd rather have DWG pull me over every time than arlington or pantego, they always give me the shaft. It's not every day you're able to talk yourself out of a 3 year expired registration and inspection twice.
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

Ok what is DWG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Gifs at Giftube.com
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Gunga galunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk View Post
Ok what is DWG?
Dalworthington Gardens, its just a small area north of I20 that is basically Arlington... Infamous for speed trap, kinda like westworth on this side of town

"Apres moi le deluge"

post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 09:15 AM
EW
Procrastination Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefehbk View Post
Ok what is DWG?
A worthless town that should've been annexed by force by Arlington decades ago.
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

While it is not a law, it is a courtesy and will usually get you a lighter ticket ( in my experience).

Even if you aren't carrying, the cop is going to assume you are if you are a CHL holder. Better to tell him upfront.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Lifer

does it matter if your a CHL holder or not?

isnt it legal now in texas to carry a handgun in your car but not on your person?

RON PAUL '08
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by EW View Post
A worthless town that should've been annexed by force by Arlington decades ago.
lol

Discount tire Reppin TXD 17
post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Trailer Park Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast83 View Post
does it matter if your a CHL holder or not?

isnt it legal now in texas to carry a handgun in your car but not on your person?
it is however if you have the liscence and your weapon you are supposed to present it. the cop does not know whether you have it or not

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 11:52 AM
I miss Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post

I have to disagree on the "always present the CHL, regardless of carry status"
If im not carrying, i wouldnt present mine. Some officers hate the CHL, and think only law enforcement should carry. If you were gonna get off on a warning, and this cop is, one of those cops, maybe could have just gotten you a ticket.
maybe not

'79 malibu 4speed.
'74 Datsun 260Z 302chevy/TKO500 swap in progress

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Lifer

The whole point to presenting your license, is that he can then ask if you have your weapon with you. If you don't, it's no biggie, and if you do, he may ask where it is just so he knows. But when he pulls you up on his computer, he will have to "assume" you have a weapon. I would like to know beforehand if a guy has his weapon or not. It's a courtesy, though I'm not sure it's law.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Lifer

i would tell every cop im packing even without a chl just to be curtious but,police dont all inforce the law the same.to much is actually left up to the cop.

yes/no/no/yes etc..

RON PAUL '08
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Worship me

The law says that if you aren't carrying you don't have to give it to him. The guy you talked to must be an idiot. I'm not suprised since we are talking about Dalworthington Gardens, their police force is really top notch!
post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
The whole point to presenting your license, is that he can then ask if you have your weapon with you. If you don't, it's no biggie, and if you do, he may ask where it is just so he knows. But when he pulls you up on his computer, he will have to "assume" you have a weapon. I would like to know beforehand if a guy has his weapon or not. It's a courtesy, though I'm not sure it's law.
Common sense applies but the law is on Billybobs side. I always wonder about this though, if the law states I don't have to present my CHL when not carrying then why would I? I think I have given up enough of my rights as to not have to worry about what the cops think if I am not breaking any laws. If I am responsible enough to obtain a CHL then I should be responsible enough to abide by the written laws that govern it, without harrassment or idle threats from ignorants law enforcement personnel.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/forms/LS-16.pdf

72 CPRC 9 83.001. 1 TEXAS CONCEALED HANDGUN LAWS

Q: Can I carry a handgun without a license while driving or traveling in
a motor vehicle?

Q: If I am not carrying my handgun, must I still carry my license?

A: Under the concealed handgun law, you are only required to have your
license with you whenever you are carrying your handgun. However,
many license holders choose to carry their license with them at all
times.

A: Effective September I, 2007, a person who can legally possess a
firearm may possess or carry a handgun in a motor vehicle (including
a recreational vehicle with living quarters) that is owned by or under
the lawful control of the person. However, the firearm must be
concealed, the person may not be engaged in criminal activity, and
may not be a member of a "criminal street gang." The person may
also carry the handgun to and from his vehicle without a license. See
Texas Penal Code 5 46.02 (a). However, DPS recommends that you
seek the advice of an attorney with any questions regarding the
unlicensed carrying of weapons.
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash View Post
Common sense applies but the law is on Billybobs side. I always wonder about this though, if the law states I don't have to present my CHL when not carrying then why would I? I think I have given up enough of my rights as to not have to worry about what the cops think if I am not breaking any laws. If I am responsible enough to obtain a CHL then I should be responsible enough to abide by the written laws that govern it, without harrassment or idle threats from ignorants law enforcement personnel.
A CHL, just like a drivers license, is not a right. It is a privelege.
post #21 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 02:35 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk View Post
Well, I might have to disagree with you there. The ability to defend yourself with a gun is a constitutional right, not a privilege. Don't let the bureaucracy confuse you.
post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Well, I might have to disagree with you there. The ability to defend yourself with a gun is a constitutional right, not a privilege. Don't let the bureaucracy confuse you.
Well, because of the liberal train of thought, you can only legally do so in your home. Think about it. Men used to carry firearms out in the open, and not just a select few, but ALL men.

We have "civilized" ourselves into being the perfect unarmed victim.
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I never stated that the CHL was a right, I stated that

"if the law states I don't have to present my CHL when not carrying then why would I."

Did I ever state that the CHL was a right?
post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 03:03 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
Well, because of the liberal train of thought, you can only legally do so in your home. Think about it. Men used to carry firearms out in the open, and not just a select few, but ALL men.

We have "civilized" ourselves into being the perfect unarmed victim.
Exactly.
post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Lifer

Quote:
To keep and bear arms is a Constitutional Right. The keeping and bearing of said arms in a concealed fashion is not a Constitutional Right. A concealed handgun "license" is a privelege added onto that Constitutional Right, a privilege which can be suspended by the State just like a drivers license can be suspended.
post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Lifer

Quote:
To keep and bear arms is a Constitutional Right. The keeping and bearing of said arms in a concealed fashion is not a Constitutional Right. A concealed handgun "license" is a privelege added onto that Constitutional Right, a privilege which can be suspended by the State just like a drivers license can be suspended.
You are implying that one can "open carry" and that's just not legal. Our "right to bear arms" has been highly modified against the intent of our founding fathers.
post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Alright. The reason I ask is because a pair of DWG officers were at the end of my street, one was like 19, maybe. I drove out of my street, then realized I forgot the liquor, turned around and grabbed it, came back to the end of my street to get onto fielder, and the kid walks over to my window and taps real hard on my glass. I rolled down the window and he said "Can I help you with something" and then stared me down, I chuckled and said "No, thank you" and then he shot back "Well, you've been driving back and forth" waiting on another answer, so I said "Yeah, I live here, I have to pass you when I go to my house." And he continued "Well, I just wanted to make sure" and strolled off.

I'm pretty young myself, but shit I just can't respect a kid that looks like he is in high school and being a cocky little shit.

But as for departments, I'd rather have DWG pull me over every time than arlington or pantego, they always give me the shaft. It's not every day you're able to talk yourself out of a 3 year expired registration and inspection twice.

I know who you are talking about now. This was not the young looking kid. I think that guy just barely graduated high school, got a badge, and now his head is so big I don't know how he gets in his car.

post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Censored

If he has the right to turn his lights on in your neighborhood, then I would leave it alone. He could retaliate by, not patroling your area, and give you hell everytime you come home.

DWG will write a ticket for you not saying your birthdate out loud to him, even though he stared at your DL license for five minutes.

Doors Done Rite
post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 06:09 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tiger View Post
If he has the right to turn his lights on in your neighborhood, then I would leave it alone. He could retaliate by, not patroling your area, and give you hell everytime you come home.

DWG will write a ticket for you not saying your birthdate out loud to him, even though he stared at your DL license for five minutes.
well technically he was way the hell into arlington, so far in fact that he shouldn't have been in my neighborhood at all.
post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 06:12 PM
CJ

Quote:
This would be the bureaucratic clout I was referring to. You're essentially saying carrying a weapon is a privilege, it was never intended to be so, and the "right to bear arms" was not meant to be hacked up, I understand what you're saying, but I'm referring to the interpretation as already being in violation of the 2nd amendment. Any state or government regulation that even mentions the word "gun" is an infringement on that right. A "License" is not something "added onto" it's something taken away and now discretionary.
post #31 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Lifer

Quote:
well technically he was way the hell into arlington, so far in fact that he shouldn't have been in my neighborhood at all.
You did know that the state legislature expanded the legal jurisdiction of an officer to any city that is in the county that his original commission is in? So, for example, I have the same authority in Arlington/Westworth Village/DWG/Grapevien, Hurst, etc.... that I do in my city (Fort Worth).

Since FTW also is in Parker, Johnson, and Wise county, the authority extends there as well...

I love it when someone pulls the "you're not in your jurisdiction anymore" crap....
post #32 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM
CJ

Quote:
You did know that the state legislature expanded the legal jurisdiction of an officer to any city that is in the county that his original commission is in? So, for example, I have the same authority in Arlington/Westworth Village/DWG/Grapevien, Hurst, etc.... that I do in my city (Fort Worth).

Since FTW also is in Parker, Johnson, and Wise county, the authority extends there as well...

I love it when someone pulls the "you're not in your jurisdiction anymore" crap....
I have always understood that. I'm not sure if a "jurisdiction" ever meant anything since I've been alive, even before that if the crime in question was committed or observed by whatever city you were in they could pursue you indefinitely to my understanding. I was just saying I found it incredibly out of the ordinary to have a DWG cop about 18 blocks east of their city line giving me shit in my neighborhood.
post #33 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Lifer

Quote:
I have always understood that. I'm not sure if a "jurisdiction" ever meant anything since I've been alive, even before that if the crime in question was committed or observed by whatever city you were in they could pursue you indefinitely to my understanding. I was just saying I found it incredibly out of the ordinary to have a DWG cop about 18 blocks east of their city line giving me shit in my neighborhood.
Yea, that's shady unless he followed you from his city limits...... The recent change (a couple years ago) includes misdomeaners. What you were referring to is more or less felony pursuits.
post #34 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Lifer

Quote:
You are implying that one can "open carry" and that's just not legal. Our "right to bear arms" has been highly modified against the intent of our founding fathers.
I'm not implying that one can "open carry" at all. I simply maintain that a CHL is a privelege, not a right. Nothing more than that.
post #35 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tiger View Post

I really don't give a damn if he patrols my area or not. I don't live in DWG and he doesn't patrol my area anyway. Like Al P said, DWG cops aren't exactly top notch. All they know how to do is look for BS reasons to pull you over and hope they get to take you in. I was stopped back in high school by DWG just so he could ask me if I had been to a party and see if I was drinking. He then tried to get me to tell him if I knew were any parties were.

post #36 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Censored

Quote:
I have been pulled over by DWG on Fielder, and Arkansas. I am guessing if the crime was commited in DWG, then they can follow you into Arlington. Even though I was pulled over for having warrants on my plates. (not mine)

Quote:
I really don't give a damn if he patrols my area or not. I don't live in DWG and he doesn't patrol my area anyway. Like Al P said, DWG cops aren't exactly top notch. All they know how to do is look for BS reasons to pull you over and hope they get to take you in. I was stopped back in high school by DWG just so he could ask me if I had been to a party and see if I was drinking. He then tried to get me to tell him if I knew were any parties were.
I had the exact same thing happen when after he found out I wasn't Guadalupe Contraras. They just gamble, and hope they find some money.

Doors Done Rite
post #37 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I'm not implying that one can "open carry" at all. I simply maintain that a CHL is a privelege, not a right. Nothing more than that.
I did not question the CHL as a right? You made an assumption due the fact you could not comprehend my original statement "the law states I don't have to present my CHL when not carrying then why would I?". I made no mention of the CHL as a right, you misread/misquoted me in an earlier post. A simple " I was wrong" will do.

Face it you were wrong and you misspelled privilege in post 20 and this quote above.
post #38 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Lifer

If you knew how to write properly, there would be no "misreading/misquoting" would there? How exactly does one "misquote" anyway? A quote is quote, a copy of your own writing.

Who gives a crap if I misspell privelege LOL anyway? Only someone with their panties in a wad, that's who.

Nothing's changed, a CHL is a privelege LOL, got it?
post #39 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 09:52 PM
I miss Colorado

When im back in Texas, I always carry my Ruger .357 under my seat. I have no CHL, and get pulled over often. I have never once mentioned it. Its not important if im pulled for speeding. Its none of his business if i dont plan to use it.

'79 malibu 4speed.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

post #40 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT View Post
When im back in Texas, I always carry my Ruger .357 under my seat. I have no CHL, and get pulled over often. I have never once mentioned it. Its not important if im pulled for speeding. Its none of his business if i dont plan to use it.
Just hope that if you do get pulled over, the LEO doesn't stand to the front of your windshield and look down between your legs and see the grips. If he does, then you're UCW. I can't tell you how many gangstas I've hauled off because they didn't hide their gat well enough, or it slid out from under the seat.
post #41 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 12:20 AM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trublugt View Post
just hope that if you do get pulled over, the leo doesn't stand to the front of your windshield and look down between your legs and see the grips. If he does, then you're ucw. I can't tell you how many gangstas i've hauled off because they didn't hide their gat well enough, or it slid out from under the seat.
ucw? unconcealed weapon?
post #42 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Lifer

Quote:
ucw? unconcealed weapon?
Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon.
post #43 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 12:24 AM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Unlawful Carrying of a Weapon.
Ah. I carry mine in my teeth. Like a real man.
post #44 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 12:38 AM
mannish boy

Quote:
it is a right as dictated in our constitution... open carry is a right... doesn't mean that the right hasn't been unjustly stolen by the current regime!!
post #45 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 12:40 AM
mannish boy

Quote:
Just hope that if you do get pulled over, the LEO doesn't stand to the front of your windshield and look down between your legs and see the grips. If he does, then you're UCW. I can't tell you how many gangstas I've hauled off because they didn't hide their gat well enough, or it slid out from under the seat.
mine rides under the console/armrest of my truck... can't see me!
post #46 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 04:20 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
mine rides under the console/armrest of my truck... can't see me!
Why carry it if you can't get to it quickly??? Right???
post #47 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 05:35 AM
Lifer

Quote:
it is a right as dictated in our constitution... open carry is a right... doesn't mean that the right hasn't been unjustly stolen by the current regime!!
I would certainly support open carry myself.
post #48 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 06:22 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Word. It is our constitutional right to bear arms - concealed or in plain view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #49 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 07:51 AM
I miss Colorado

Quote:
So i guess you're in some form of law enforcement? Thats great, and thanks for chiming in. I understand, as soon as someone sees it, ive broken the law, it is back far enough, so i think, that no one can see it. I will check that, thanks for squaring me away.

Heres a question for ya. I would consider this a bad idea. But what if my place of concealment was the glove box. Obviously its out of site, but when i open it to grab my insurance, bam, theres the grip?
Same goes to those nifty console holes. Consoles closed, im good, i open to grab my wallet for the officer, and bam, theres a handle.
Thanks

'79 malibu 4speed.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

post #50 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT View Post
So i guess you're in some form of law enforcement? Thats great, and thanks for chiming in. I understand, as soon as someone sees it, ive broken the law, it is back far enough, so i think, that no one can see it. I will check that, thanks for squaring me away.

Heres a question for ya. I would consider this a bad idea. But what if my place of concealment was the glove box. Obviously its out of site, but when i open it to grab my insurance, bam, theres the grip?
Same goes to those nifty console holes. Consoles closed, im good, i open to grab my wallet for the officer, and bam, theres a handle.
Thanks
Well, if you're asked to provide insurance and you say you have it in the glove box, and also have a weapon, you are opening under direction of the officer, and it is not considered "in plain view". Same with center console.

And yes, you assume correctly. 8 years away from retirement....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement