Intruders In Your Home: Thoughts... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
10% Real Fruit Juice

Intruders In Your Home: Thoughts...

what are your thoughts/what is your take on intruders being in your home ?

my chl instructor gave us his point of view and i agree. he said that his home is his last sanctuary, and if his last sanctuary gets violated, the only consequence for the offenders is death. his take is that once you violate a man's home (his domain), you are threatening every ounce of his being.

he said out in public if he ever had to display his weapon that the offenders would get at least one or two verbal warnings before he put some rounds downrange. he said if he was ever awaken in the middle of the night and found a stranger in his house that it would be shoot first, ask questions later.

i agree 100% with this mentality. if my restaurant ever hosts a situation where i display my weapon, i will give the offender a chance to lie face down until the cops arrive before i open fire. i know different situations call for different actions, so let me say that if i am ever at a stop light and my door swings open unexpectedly and i do not recognize the face of the person doing it, i am going to "bust a cap."

if i ever encounter someone in my own home i think i definitely will kill them before i find out why they are in my home.

what is your take ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:19 AM
I hate ghetto niggers

Fuck yeah I think everyone would shoot at the person if they had a firearm at their disposal. I'd probably try to aim for a leg or something unless he was hold some sort of a weapon. Then its game over for that mother fucker(s)

post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:22 AM
I Я Invizabul

My take is about the same as yours and your instructor's ... although i dont know if i would give warning anytime to be honest. That just gives them time to use whatever they have that makes me fear for my life.

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:25 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCid View Post
Fuck yeah I think everyone would shoot at the person if they had a firearm at their disposal. I'd probably try to aim for a leg or something unless he was hold some sort of a weapon. Then its game over for that mother fucker(s)

Why? If you fire on someone you better see it as a threat, and if you fire on a threat you shoot to stop the threat. Shoot for center mass and let god sort it out, no reason to give them any more chance to hurt you or your family.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:26 AM
I hate ghetto niggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_poser View Post
Why? If you fire on someone you better see it as a threat, and if you fire on a threat you shoot to stop the threat. Shoot for center mass and let god sort it out, no reason to give them any more chance to hurt you or your family.
Yeah I kinda fucked up and forgot to add if they were running out the door. But I agree with you 100%.

post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:30 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Yeah I kinda fucked up and forgot to add if they were running out the door. But I agree with you 100%.
I personaly dont give a shit if they are running, in my living room, or my bedroom .... there getting shot in center mass till they hit the floor. That way i know that the threat has stopped.
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Time Served

A friend who spent his working life in Law Enforcement once said, "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6." I agree with him.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:36 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Fox View Post
A friend who spent his working life in Law Enforcement once said, "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6." I agree with him.
Always good advice
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:36 AM
LUCIFER

My home is what I protect, my wife & dogs reside there. Any intruder in my home gets no remorse or warnings, he/she dies!

2004 GT Conv't

MODS:
FLOWS, 3.73'S, BASSANI O/R X-PIPE, ACCUFAB 75MM TB, PLENUM, AND VORTECH V-3 SUPERCHARGED

post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Hired Hand

I wasn't home when we were robbed, and it's VERY violating feeling. Given that it was probably some punk-ass kids though, I probably woulda just scared the shit out of them and had the cops haul them off.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

"If it has horsepower or tits you're gonna have trouble with it eventually..."
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:30 AM
T-MINUS

I wouldn't make a sound, wouldn't give a warning. Entering my house is warning enough. I would find the opportunity and I would end the threat. My wife and three children are in my house so there is no place for a thug.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Time Served

Young Punk Violaters

Go ahead and eliminate some future gun ban supporters and more welfare cheats.
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Quote:
I'd probably try to aim for a leg or something unless he was hold some sort of a weapon.

2 and 1 or nothing.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Rolling with the homies

I just wonder how many of you guys would say exactly what you are saying here in front of a Grand Jury Even being in Texas I do not think I'd admit to a jury that I gave no warning and I shot to kill even though he was running away.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Lifer

I thought we had an intruder in our house a few weeks ago... We have two teenage kids that frequently get up at night... when I left my bedroom with pistol at the low ready position, I called out their names loud enough that I woke them in their bedroom up stairs.. if I encountered anyone after announcing my presence like that, they deserve what they get...

I don't know exactly what I would do but I suspect it would be really messy...

P.S. "I was afraid for my life and shot to stop the threat."
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Time Served

I don't think anyone said anything about someone running away. But, they better be "Hooking Up" and not spinning in the burn out box.
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Time Served

In my opinion, someone breaks into your house is just comitting suicide.

its still "we the people"right?

"So this is how democracy dies, with thunderous applause"

"a lesson lived is a lesson learned, everyday is a lesson."

obama is a man made disaster
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:24 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose View Post
I just wonder how many of you guys would say exactly what you are saying here in front of a Grand Jury Even being in Texas I do not think I'd admit to a jury that I gave no warning and I shot to kill even though he was running away.
If someone came into my home I fear for my life. I am sure i would yell "hey" or something while pointing a gun on them. But if i see someone that i feel is a threat to my family's safety I am gonna shoot. If i see a gun, knife, or even just a big angry guy there prolly wont be a warning. If the intruder is leaving my house with anything at all, im gonna shoot.

BTW I wouldnt shoot to kill ... I would be shooting to stop the threat because i fear for my life. If death is a byproduct of stoping the threat than so be it, the intruder made his choice.

Quote:
Sec. 9.41. PROTECTION OF ONE'S OWN PROPERTY. (a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.

(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:

(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or

(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

If the intruder is leaving empty handed I will not be shooting ... but if he has something of mine .... he will be stopped.
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:26 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post

my chl instructor gave us his point of view and i agree. he said that his home is his last sanctuary, and if his last sanctuary gets violated, the only consequence for the offenders is death. his take is that once you violate a man's home (his domain), you are threatening every ounce of his being.

he said out in public if he ever had to display his weapon that the offenders would get at least one or two verbal warnings before he put some rounds downrange. he said if he was ever awaken in the middle of the night and found a stranger in his house that it would be shoot first, ask questions later.

i agree 100% with this mentality. if my restaurant ever hosts a situation where i display my weapon, i will give the offender a chance to lie face down until the cops arrive before i open fire. i know different situations call for different actions, so let me say that if i am ever at a stop light and my door swings open unexpectedly and i do not recognize the face of the person doing it, i am going to "bust a cap."

if i ever encounter someone in my own home i think i definitely will kill them before i find out why they are in my home.

what is your take ?
The hardest decision I will face when someone enters my house in the middle of night is which gun I pick will up off the rack.
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Lifer

first i would interview them from across the room safely -

Do you feel impoverished ? Are you a minority ?
Do you only want my tv ?
if he answers no to these then he must mean me harm, so I shoot him
unless he was chinese . Then I would shoot him in the dick.
mainly just cause it'd be funny when the police show up.
They'd be like , "Damn , you must be a good shot"

this is of course after I retrieved my gun from a safe, loaded it and took it off safety
LOL

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

I'd ask the guy if he wanted a cup of coffee, you know, show him some hospitality. If he declined that invitation, I would then set my gun down on the ground and politely ask him to leave my house. This is what Jim and Sarah Brady tell me to do, at least.

post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Banned

A lot of cowboy attitudes in here

If I woke up and felt threatened by an unexplained presence, I would reach under my bed and grab and load my coach gun. Walking out into the hall from my room I would switch on the light and try to at least get a good look at the person, and if I had the upper hand and they had no weapon I would give them a chance to explain them self.

Odds are, it would be one of my room mate's random friends or a drunk who by mistake wandered into my house (living right off campus in a neighborhood inhabited by college students makes this scenario quite common). Would I shoot if I felt threatened or if I saw the fucker carrying stuff out of my house, yes. Would I shoot at first sight of an unfamiliar person in my house? Hell no, as its very likely that I could be in the same situation.
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 02:17 PM
3 valves

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose View Post

The dead can't testify.

2007 Alloy Grey Mustang GT - 1996 Mustang GT
The Village Idiot

www.militarystangs.com
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 02:54 PM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post

If I woke up and felt threatened by an unexplained presence, I would reach under my bed and grab and load my coach gun. Walking out into the hall from my room I would switch on the light and try to at least get a good look at the person, and if I had the upper hand and they had no weapon I would give them a chance to explain them self.

Odds are, it would be one of my room mate's random friends or a drunk who by mistake wandered into my house (living right off campus in a neighborhood inhabited by college students makes this scenario quite common). Would I shoot if I felt threatened or if I saw the fucker carrying stuff out of my house, yes. Would I shoot at first sight of an unfamiliar person in my house? Hell no, as its very likely that I could be in the same situation.
Liar! You would run and get daddy!

In all seriousness, I'd have a very similar situation. I need to be extra precaucious due to the amount of people I have coming in and out of my house. I live a block north of the UT campus, am good friends with my neighbors who live next door and above me (I'm in a duplex). We pretty much have an open door policy, but I still lock my doors at night. I'd take extra care to identify who it was. But upon ID of a threat, no warning shots would be fired.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 03:57 PM
African Booty Scratcher

gonna be alotta
slow singgin'and flower bringin'
if my burglar alarm starts ringin'

my 5ft wife and 2yr cannot defend themselves. thats why there is a monster that lives here. they dont see him often, but they both know he can solve all problems.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
10% Real Fruit Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangfreak View Post
The dead can't testify.
i agree 100% with what you are saying, but you are missing Jose's point...

he said GRAND jury, not jury. the grand jury will hear your side and decide if charges should be pursued.

but even before that, it would be up to the district attorney to take it before a grand jury.

what jose is saying is that when it comes down to it, would you tell the people that will decide to bring charges against you or not that you have a kill at all costs mentality ?

the best thing to say is what has already been said in the thread:

"i felt threatened and shot to stop the threat."
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
10% Real Fruit Juice

Quote:
I'd probably try to aim for a leg or something unless he was hold some sort of a weapon.
if you shoot, shoot to kill.

shooting just to injure is setting yourself up for EPIC failure. the guy will then probably sue you by twisting the story all around to make it look like you are the bad guy.

you have a much better chance if there is only one side to the story...
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Lifer

Someone breaks in my house or shop, bullets are flying.
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
I wouldn't make a sound, wouldn't give a warning. Entering my house is warning enough. I would find the opportunity and I would end the threat. My wife and three children are in my house so there is no place for a thug.

Dead men tell no tales...
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:

I completely agree with trying to identify before shooting, but shining a light down the hall simply gives the asailant (sp) a target. Stay dark and call out, those in the home that know you are armed will respond.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude View Post
In all seriousness, I'd have a very similar situation. I need to be extra precaucious due to the amount of people I have coming in and out of my house. I live a block north of the UT campus, am good friends with my neighbors who live next door and above me (I'm in a duplex). We pretty much have an open door policy, but I still lock my doors at night. I'd take extra care to identify who it was. But upon ID of a threat, no warning shots would be fired.
That kind of situation would suck for me, I would be devastated to accidentally kill a friend or aquaintance. I would think that, if you are alert and aware, you would be able to distinguish a drunk friend from a "threat" before firing. It would suck to be wrong though.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:

Why would you keep an unloaded gun? That's like having an unloaded fire extinguisher... Having to stop and load a gun is wasting precious (critical) time.
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven View Post
I completely agree with trying to identify before shooting, but shining a light down the hall simply gives the asailant (sp) a target. Stay dark and call out, those in the home that know you are armed will respond.
Selective lighting. You don't go looking for a threat with a flashlight gleaming like a torch.

Blink on then move. Blink on, move. Don't stand there with the switch on sweeping the light. It will tell someone exactly where you are and it will kill your night vision.
post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 06:07 PM
The token Asian guy

I would just scare them with boom factor.

post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by propellerhead View Post
I would just scare them with boom factor.

Okay Talisman.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Hired Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
Selective lighting. You don't go looking for a threat with a flashlight gleaming like a torch.

Blink on then move. Blink on, move. Don't stand there with the switch on sweeping the light. It will tell someone exactly where you are and it will kill your night vision.
Exactly, if a family member/friend sees the blinking flashlight and doesn't realize that they are about to get shot, maybe that's Darwin doing his magic.

Raven 2006 Yamaha R6S

post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post

what is your take ?
At home, they already know they shouldn't be in my house, so I'm going to let buck shot go their direction without saying a word.

If I was out in public and in the restaurant situation you are describing, (Hostile, robbery, etc...), I'm going to fire without any warning. Even a the bad guy can be lucky and spin, fire and hit you without you having a chance to fire. I'm not willing to take that chance. If I its a situation where I feel my life is endanger, and the law justifies deadly force, I'm going to fire without any words. Why should I give the bad guy the opportunity to fire at me FIRST.

FYI: I don't shoot to "Kill", I shoot to "Stop".

2006 Mustang GT
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why would you keep an unloaded gun? That's like having an unloaded fire extinguisher... Having to stop and load a gun is wasting precious (critical) time.
because I can load it in about 2 seconds -

Its not like I am clicking rounds into a magazine...
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 06:30 PM
T-MINUS

Quote:
Dead men tell no tales...
I'll use this at my trial!

Seriously, I live in the country, away from people. If someone is in my house or on my land, they are there for a purpose *Clint Eastwood* And that purpose is dying!

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Lifer

Quote:
because I can load it in about 2 seconds
Its not like I am clicking rounds into a magazine...

If an intruder is already in your house and is armed, you can bet damn good and well that his gun is already loaded. That 2 seconds can be the difference between life and death. You can't call "time out" to load your gun.

I have 2-3 loaded guns at all times available in the house (one in a secret place, one in my "murse" and one in my gunbelt depending on if I'm on my days off or it's during my work week).

I can pretty much get to at least one of them at all times. An intruder probably not recognize the murse, they damn sure won't know where the hidden one is, and hopefully the dog will alert me in time to get to my gunbelt.

The rest of my guns are in the safe where I'm confident no intruder can breach.
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

All of my family knows that all the guns in our house are locked and loaded. Just need to take off safety and aim and shot to stop the threat.
post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
If an intruder is already in your house and is armed, you can bet damn good and well that his gun is already loaded. That 2 seconds can be the difference between life and death. You can't call "time out" to load your gun.
My room is far back in the corner away from the doors and I sleep with the door locked. Also in the event of a break in, my 3 room mates would be more likely to investigate and less hesitant to shoot (they have firearms as well)...

I just don't feel comfortable keeping the gun loaded under my bed. Besides, I could break it open and throw the buckshot in there on the way to unlocking my door

There are plenty of ways to criticize one's defensive preferences, for example I don't agree with using a pistol in the home... but to each his own.
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:46 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Just remember this line: "I thought my life was in danger" when testifying.

I'd call 911 immediately. I don't want a perp bleeding out on my floor for 10-15 minutes while waiting for an ambulance.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 12:23 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

as 03 stated, I keep a loaded pistol in a few places in my house. Right next to my computer, and in the bedroom. I don't keep one in the chamber though. Racking the slide is my warning shot.
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 03:10 AM
Lifer

Quote:
My room is far back in the corner away from the doors and I sleep with the door locked. Also in the event of a break in, my 3 room mates would be more likely to investigate and less hesitant to shoot (they have firearms as well)...

I just don't feel comfortable keeping the gun loaded under my bed. Besides, I could break it open and throw the buckshot in there on the way to unlocking my door

There are plenty of ways to criticize one's defensive preferences, for example I don't agree with using a pistol in the home... but to each his own.
Unless your residence differs greatly, most interior doors are hollow core and basically worthless. A loaded gun will do nothing unless cocked and someone or something sets the trigger assembly in motion.

Please don't feel like I'm criticizing you, just giving pointers. But really, it sounds like you have more to worry about your rommies than anything else. From what you described, you live in a Hogan's Alley
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 07:29 AM
<Insert Title Here>

Quote:

I have 2-3 loaded guns at all times available in the house (one in a secret place, one in my "murse" and one in my gunbelt depending on if I'm on my days off or it's during my work week).

I can pretty much get to at least one of them at all times. An intruder probably not recognize the murse, they damn sure won't know where the hidden one is, and hopefully the dog will alert me in time to get to my gunbelt.

The rest of my guns are in the safe where I'm confident no intruder can breach.
When you state "loaded" you are meaning full magazine with 1 in the chamber right? Then you just keep the safety on so you just silently click it down and go to work...

As to the shoot first ask questions later, I thought the same thing until I realized that in the rare even that my parents or my wife's parents come over to surprise us on our birthday or my brother in law comes over to borrow a computer part (he knows where the hide a key is) I would hate to shoot then turn on the lights and someone I love is dead on my floor.

post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 08:05 AM
Painting Your House

No doubt in my mind that I'd shoot.
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
When you state "loaded" you are meaning full magazine with 1 in the chamber right? Then you just keep the safety on so you just silently click it down and go to work...

As to the shoot first ask questions later, I thought the same thing until I realized that in the rare even that my parents or my wife's parents come over to surprise us on our birthday or my brother in law comes over to borrow a computer part (he knows where the hide a key is) I would hate to shoot then turn on the lights and someone I love is dead on my floor.

My duty gun is a S&W 4006 and it's chambered with the safety on. A quick flick of the thumb and it's ready to go. The other 2 guns are revolvers. No safety there.

It is your responsiblity to identify the target and be cognizent of what's beyond it.

I would have to say my first gut instinct would be to take someone into custody because of the recourse from work. I'm held to a higher standard and where I would be totally justified in shooting someone, I could lose my job.
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Bullet Sponge

If I find someone in my house, especially as far from people as I live, they are there to do me and my family harm. There's no doubt, I would put rounds down range. The way I have things set up in my house, it's been arranged to fascilitate a drawn out firefight. Every room has at least 1 weapon with ammo and I can drop and move back towards the larger stuff if the need arises.

But I'm paranoid. PTSD is a bitch, you start thinking about opposing forces, strategy against multiple opponents and the like. Odds are, it'd be one person and three shots, but if it's a truck load, I'm good with that too.
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Time Served

if someone broke into my house its only a few feet from my back/front door to my bedroom all of my friends know that i have a loaded gun with one in the chamber right next to my bed and i learned this from afghanistan and its going to be a hard habbit to break shoot first questions later

R.I.P. Lcpl Ivan I. Wilson K.I.A. July 21 2008
Sponsored Links
Advertisement