I Have Found The Mother Of All Handguns... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
10% Real Fruit Juice
 
TonyMCev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Marshall, TX
Posts: 2,549
I Have Found The Mother Of All Handguns...

at least in my own humble opinion...

Para Ordnance PXT S14 45 Limited .45 ACP Stainless.

this will be my next gun purchase...

Last edited by TonyMCev; 03-13-2009 at 11:26 PM.
TonyMCev is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Have you shot one, yet? Double-stack .45's don't fit everyone's hands.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
That looks like complete ass.

Slowhand is offline  
 
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
10% Real Fruit Juice
 
TonyMCev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Marshall, TX
Posts: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
Have you shot one, yet? Double-stack .45's don't fit everyone's hands.
i have never even seen one in person.

but i like what i see. and my dealer recommended it.
TonyMCev is offline  
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
10% Real Fruit Juice
 
TonyMCev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Marshall, TX
Posts: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
That looks like complete ass.
to each his own...
TonyMCev is offline  
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.
 
Slowhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Howard Johnson's Earthlight Room
Posts: 12,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
to each his own...
Totally true. If it shoots well and you like it, then go for it.

Slowhand is offline  
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
10% Real Fruit Juice
 
TonyMCev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Marshall, TX
Posts: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
Totally true. If it shoots well and you like it, then go for it.
i like the capacity. 14 + 1.
TonyMCev is offline  
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
The capacity is cute and all, but make sure it's comfortable to shoot, or it's worthless.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-19-2009, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
10% Real Fruit Juice
 
TonyMCev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Marshall, TX
Posts: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
The capacity is cute and all, but make sure it's comfortable to shoot, or it's worthless.
this is true.

i have yet to meet a .45 that is not comfortable for me to shoot.
TonyMCev is offline  
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
this is true.

i have yet to meet a .45 that is not comfortable for me to shoot.
Double stacks are considerably wider than single stacks. Just something to think about.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Lifer
 
topher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
Double stacks are considerably wider than single stacks. Just something to think about.
I agree on the major size difference of the grip. My buddy has one and I would never trade any of my Kimber's at 8+1 for a double stack .45. As said above it is up to the one using the gun to make the decision, but if you can't hit what you are shooting at with 8 shots maybe you need practice more IMO. Plus I love the high cap mentality held by many civilians that they need to be prepared for a fire fight.

1989 coupe
2006 R6S

topher is offline  
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
10% Real Fruit Juice
 
TonyMCev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Marshall, TX
Posts: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher View Post
...but if you can't hit what you are shooting at with 8 shots maybe you need practice more IMO. Plus I love the high cap mentality held by many civilians that they need to be prepared for a fire fight.
https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=379655
TonyMCev is offline  
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 01:00 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher View Post
Plus I love the high cap mentality held by many civilians that they need to be prepared for a fire fight.
No reason to make a point to NOT be prepared for a fire fight though...


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 01:04 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Fuck double stacked.

Heres my solution. 20 round magazine baby. Easy for carry too.

CJ is offline  
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Lifer
 
topher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,301
That is a long and nice read. I have gone through plenty of tactical training and carry 1 to 2 spare mags on me. I am not trying to say I can neutralize every threat 100% of the time, but I am confident I can fight my way out of a situation but pray I never have to take a life to prove my point. My point is if you carry you need to hold yourself responsible for learning how to effectively use your firearm and prepare yourself as much as possible for a life and death situation. IMO if you do not take that responsibility that seriously you have no business carrying.

As for your situation it is your own business and decision on your handgun. My buddy has a big ole bear paw for a hand and loves his Para Ordinance. So if it fits you and the capacity is a bonus then rock on.

1989 coupe
2006 R6S

topher is offline  
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 01:09 AM Thread Starter
10% Real Fruit Juice
 
TonyMCev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Marshall, TX
Posts: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher View Post
That is a long and nice read. I have gone through plenty of tactical training and carry 1 to 2 spare mags on me. I am not trying to say I can neutralize every threat 100% of the time, but I am confident I can fight my way out of a situation but pray I never have to take a life to prove my point. My point is if you carry you need to hold yourself responsible for learning how to effectively use your firearm and prepare yourself as much as possible for a life and death situation. IMO if you do not take that responsibility that seriously you have no business carrying.
thanks for your input. if i am ever in a situation, i want to have enough rounds to put into someone.

and i like the gun.

and it is pretty.

thanks for reading.
TonyMCev is offline  
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Lifer
 
topher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington
Posts: 3,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
No reason to make a point to NOT be prepared for a fire fight though...
You should know me better than that...I try to be prepared for any situation possible. It is no fun having to discharge a firearm in one of these situations. Anyone who has will agree with me that they squeezed off a lot more rounds then they actually thought they did. What you recall as 2-3 shots may turn out to be almost an empty magazine. Adrenaline is a hell of a drug.

1989 coupe
2006 R6S

topher is offline  
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 06:42 AM
OC
Lifer
 
OC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher View Post
You should know me better than that...I try to be prepared for any situation possible. It is no fun having to discharge a firearm in one of these situations. Anyone who has will agree with me that they squeezed off a lot more rounds then they actually thought they did. What you recall as 2-3 shots may turn out to be almost an empty magazine. Adrenaline is a hell of a drug.


Amen
OC is offline  
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 06:57 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
Fuck double stacked.

Heres my solution. 20 round magazine baby. Easy for carry too.

Needs a drum mag.
Hass is offline  
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 06:59 AM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Needs a drum mag.
Where the hell would you conceal that? In your ass? Man purse? Obama fan club backpack?


Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 315
I'm not sure pretty is a good reason to carry a gun, but whatever floats your boat. I've owned a few Para's in the past and they needed quite a bit of tweaking to make them 100% reliable. And if you want capacity, why not do the P-16 in 40 and buy some mag kits and carry 20rds of .40cal. STI and Strayer Voight also build Hi-cap 1911's if that is the route you really want to go. Both companies are located here in Texas. SV being in Grand Prairie and STI in Georgetown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
thanks for your input. if i am ever in a situation, i want to have enough rounds to put into someone.

and i like the gun.

and it is pretty.

thanks for reading.
jtm98snake is offline  
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Old Fart
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Forney, TX, USA
Posts: 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm98snake View Post
I'm not sure pretty is a good reason to carry a gun, but whatever floats your boat. I've owned a few Para's in the past and they needed quite a bit of tweaking to make them 100% reliable. And if you want capacity, why not do the P-16 in 40 and buy some mag kits and carry 20rds of .40cal. STI and Strayer Voight also build Hi-cap 1911's if that is the route you really want to go. Both companies are located here in Texas. SV being in Grand Prairie and STI in Georgetown.

I think the STI uses the Para mags.

"Don't taze me, bro."
GT98SVO is offline  
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 01:12 PM
GROWED UP WRONG
 
Chopped54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: The Box Babies Come In
Posts: 7,413
I do like their Hawg series...
Chopped54 is offline  
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Lifer
 
FatassLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: mexico, disneyland for anarchist perverts
Posts: 5,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Needs a drum mag.

There is one being made, never played with one though. Highest capacity I've messed with were the 10 round wilson combat mags, they run flawless in my guns.

FatassLX is offline  
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 07:03 PM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_poser View Post
Where the hell would you conceal that? In your ass? Man purse? Obama fan club backpack?


extended mags are great "firefight" backup mags...

not too difficult to conceal an extended mag...

have the regular mag in the pistol ready to rock, and, god forbid, if you should have to reload, might as well relaod a lot more ammo!
Cooter is offline  
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 07:07 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
extended mags are great "firefight" backup mags...

not too difficult to conceal an extended mag...

have the regular mag in the pistol ready to rock, and, god forbid, if you should have to reload, might as well relaod a lot more ammo!
Word. I carry my Glock 29 loaded with a Glock 29 mag (10+1) and 2 Glock 20 mags (15 rounds each) in my front pocket.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 07:36 PM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
Word. I carry my Glock 29 loaded with a Glock 29 mag (10+1) and 2 Glock 20 mags (15 rounds each) in my front pocket.
seems like simple logic to me
Cooter is offline  
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
10% Real Fruit Juice
 
TonyMCev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Marshall, TX
Posts: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post
I do like their Hawg series...
yes, that is a good looking compact.

elvis said in another thread that he just picked one up.

i would like to shoot one...
TonyMCev is offline  
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 10:55 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
extended mags are great "firefight" backup mags...

not too difficult to conceal an extended mag...

have the regular mag in the pistol ready to rock, and, god forbid, if you should have to reload, might as well relaod a lot more ammo!
it might be a bit hard to conceal a drum mag.

Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 10:57 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post
I do like their Hawg series...

I came real close to bouying one of the slim hawgs from cabellas ... glad i didnt though. I ended up getting a hell of a deal on my USP compact.


Last edited by Pokulski-Blatz; 01-23-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 11:21 PM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_poser View Post
it might be a bit hard to conceal a drum mag.

not with a gut like mine and a big jacket
Cooter is offline  
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 11:25 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
not with a gut like mine and a big jacket
Hide it under a belly flap huh?
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 11:26 PM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_poser View Post
Hide it under a belly flap huh?
or a titty
Cooter is offline  
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 11:34 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
or a titty
made me think of this



is this you??

Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 11:39 PM
!!!SLLAB YM KCUS
 
milk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: OC BITCH!!
Posts: 6,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped54 View Post
I do like their Hawg series...


that is bad ass dude.




MILK
milk is offline  
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 11:48 PM
mannish boy
 
Cooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: drunk on diesel
Posts: 31,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_poser View Post
made me think of this



is this you??

LMGDAO!!!!!!!!

wow... just wow...

Peter's got some sweet jugs, but those are just plain frightening
Cooter is offline  
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 11:53 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
LMGDAO!!!!!!!!

wow... just wow...

Peter's got some sweet jugs, but those are just plain frightening
Googling moobs gave some strange results ......


LMAO @ the nipple ring
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 06:36 AM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
GODDAMM!

I was trying to eat Cheerios when I saw the man tits.... Now I can't find the barf smiley...
03trubluGT is offline  
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT98SVO View Post
I think the STI uses the Para mags.
I think you are wrong..... STI/ SV can use the same mags. Para is a different beast all together. In my SV I can get 19rds of 40 in a 140mm magazine and they function flawlessly.
jtm98snake is offline  
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 12:44 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
GODDAMM!

I was trying to eat Cheerios when I saw the man tits.... Now I can't find the barf smiley...
Glad i could brighten your morning
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome