What Kind of Shotgun? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Clown

What Kind of Shotgun?

With all the shotguns I have, I don't have a true field gun. I have the following:

Ruger Red Label Sporting Clays 12GA: It's purely a skeet/dove gun do to the fact that it has ported barrels and it is heavy with 30" barrels.

Remington 1100 12GA: Arguably one of the best autos made. The problem is that it only shoots 2 3/4 so waterfowl is out of the question.

Remington Wingmaster 20GA: Its only use is when I like to give the doves a chance

So, I am looking for a 12GA Auto that is gas operated and can handle 3in mags. My choices seem to be Remington 1187, Beretta 390/391, Browning Gold Hunter. Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Lifer

I shot my friends Benelli last week and I really liked that. I have to use his when I shoot doubles. lol

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06 View Post
I shot my friends Benelli last week and I really liked that. I have to use his when I shoot doubles. lol
I hear they are great guns and that dove hunters in Argentina will shoot them until the barrels are glowing with no problems. What worries me is that the shells cycle on inertia and with heavier waterfowl loads it could be brutal. The last inertia 12 GA I shot was a Browning A5 and it was not a pleasant experience.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
I hear they are great guns and that dove hunters in Argentina will shoot them until the barrels are glowing with no problems. What worries me is that the shells cycle on inertia and with heavier waterfowl loads it could be brutal. The last inertia 12 GA I shot was a Browning A5 and it was not a pleasant experience.
You should try to find someone with one and shoot it. It really wasnt bad. It kicked about the same as my 870. Of course we were only shooting light game/target loads, but I dont imagine it being too bad.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement