Finished my multi-use 12 gauge - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Finished my multi-use 12 gauge

Started with a regular old Remi 870. 26". Finally got the tactical barrel, and have a Briley Diffusor choke on the 26" barrel for sporting clays/skeet/trap, along with some other accessories. Just thought I'd share.


CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei
 
PooterWS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mozambique
Posts: 19,759
Thumbs up

Looks good Chris!

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

PooterWS6 is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 06:30 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Looks great. Where did you get the barrel? I've got a stocker on my Mossberg 500 and looking for an aftermarket
Skidmark is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Lifer
 
Billyb0b81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Arlington
Posts: 1,050
Looks good!

Are you gonna put a magazine extension on it?

Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast.
Billyb0b81 is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
I love my Remi 870 police gun.

I'm loving the wood on your gun...
03trubluGT is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyb0b81 View Post
Looks good!

Are you gonna put a magazine extension on it?
Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately I cant. With the new 870s, they have 2 dimples at the end of the magazine tube that prevent the shells from traveling further than the stock magazine. Ive heard you can dremel, or drill these out, but Im not going to fuck up a good gun just for 2 more rounds.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
Looks great. Where did you get the barrel? I've got a stocker on my Mossberg 500 and looking for an aftermarket
Thegunsource.com

I looked for days, and no one had an 18 smooth bore barrel in stock for my 870. Finally found this place and jumped on it.

I figured I saved money by buying the full size 12 gauge and buying a tactical barrel. If I was to buy the Tactical model it wouldve been more money, and the longer barrels are also more money. Thats why I did it that way. I also love the shit out of the wood.

We'll see how my new choke performs this weekend, Im going skeet shooting again.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06 View Post
Thegunsource.com

I looked for days, and no one had an 18 smooth bore barrel in stock for my 870. Finally found this place and jumped on it.

I figured I saved money by buying the full size 12 gauge and buying a tactical barrel. If I was to buy the Tactical model it wouldve been more money, and the longer barrels are also more money. Thats why I did it that way. I also love the shit out of the wood.

We'll see how my new choke performs this weekend, Im going skeet shooting again.
I'm not a big fan of the wood stocks, but that gun looks really nice! Not overdone (like the one i'm building) so it looks real clean.
Skidmark is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
I'm not a big fan of the wood stocks, but that gun looks really nice! Not overdone (like the one i'm building) so it looks real clean.
Thanks man. Post up pics when youre through with yours.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Lifer
 
Billyb0b81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Arlington
Posts: 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06 View Post
Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately I cant. With the new 870s, they have 2 dimples at the end of the magazine tube that prevent the shells from traveling further than the stock magazine. Ive heard you can dremel, or drill these out, but Im not going to fuck up a good gun just for 2 more rounds.
I did not know that. I just bought a tactical version at Cabelas for $299 that came with the extension and 18" barrel. I do have 5 other shotguns for hunting/skeet/trap etc.

I had a Mossy 500 that my grandpa had given me that had the 18" barrel, folding stock and all. My uncle had given it to my grandpa 8 years ago and when my grandma passed away in September, he started being a dick. He started wanting things back cause he didn't want me to have them. So fuck him, I went and replaced it with the 870 tactical!

Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast.
Billyb0b81 is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyb0b81 View Post
I did not know that. I just bought a tactical version at Cabelas for $299 that came with the extension and 18" barrel. I do have 5 other shotguns for hunting/skeet/trap etc.

I had a Mossy 500 that my grandpa had given me that had the 18" barrel, folding stock and all. My uncle had given it to my grandpa 8 years ago and when my grandma passed away in September, he started being a dick. He started wanting things back cause he didn't want me to have them. So fuck him, I went and replaced it with the 870 tactical!
Yeah the tactical 870 doesnt have those dimples, only the non tactical version.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06 View Post
Thegunsource.com

I looked for days, and no one had an 18 smooth bore barrel in stock for my 870. Finally found this place and jumped on it.

I figured I saved money by buying the full size 12 gauge and buying a tactical barrel. If I was to buy the Tactical model it wouldve been more money, and the longer barrels are also more money. Thats why I did it that way. I also love the shit out of the wood.

We'll see how my new choke performs this weekend, Im going skeet shooting again.
Where do you go skeet shooting at? I shoot over at the American Shooting Center at Hwy 6 and Westheimer.
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 06:48 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Great looking shotty.

I too am lovin the wood. Did you refinish it at all. It looks awsome.
sonic93 is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Rolling with the homies
 
evil jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Oak Cliff... that's my hood...
Posts: 43,271
Nice looking 870 and I to am digging "the wood".




2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew


1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

evil jose is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&T's 82 View Post
Where do you go skeet shooting at? I shoot over at the American Shooting Center at Hwy 6 and Westheimer.
Thats where I normally go. That or Carters Country in Spring.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
Great looking shotty.

I too am lovin the wood. Did you refinish it at all. It looks awsome.
Thanks. Yeah I didnt do any work to it. I bought it like that. I thought it was a distinct pattern myself, Ive never seen one like that before either. I got it at Bass Pro.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 315
Why not add the +2 extension? More ammo makes me mo happy
jtm98snake is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Clown
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: With the real El Chupacabra
Posts: 2,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06 View Post
Thats where I normally go. That or Carters Country in Spring.
Let me know next time you head out there. I haven't shot skeet in a while.
J&T's 82 is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06 View Post
Thanks man. Post up pics when youre through with yours.
I'm excited! So I posted in two threads lol...

It's an ATI stock, but I keep hearing about Knoxx as i've been researching more. I'll shoot it soon and if I don't like it i'll go Knoxx.

I need to buy a friggin camera... lol

Last edited by Skidmark; 03-16-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Skidmark is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: DFW/SFA
Posts: 492
Nice 870, your setup looks familiar. Mine is a 1970 model Wingmaste(new walnut furniture from an 870p), 18.5" bbl for HD, 28" for skeet/trap




SC300 5spd
txsr20de is offline  
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsr20de View Post
Nice 870, your setup looks familiar. Mine is a 1970 model Wingmaste(new walnut furniture from an 870p), 18.5" bbl for HD, 28" for skeet/trap



Very nice! I love that old school finish.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 10:01 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
I'm refinishing a wingmaster 870 as we speak actually, different wood set.
CJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome