Coming to an Airport near you... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Coming to an Airport near you...

(German accent) "Passport and papers please"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,478864,00.html

LOS ANGELES — A motorist with 16 guns and at least 700 rounds of ammunition in his pickup truck was arrested Friday at a vehicle checkpoint as he entered Los Angeles International Airport, authorities said.

The weapons and ammunition were in a container in the back of the man's truck, which was stopped by airport police officers at a major entrance to the passenger terminals area, said airport spokeswoman Nancy Castles.

The 47-year-old man's identity was not immediately released.

Only one of the weapons, a revolver, was loaded, airport police Sgt. Jim Holcomb said.

The man was arrested for investigation of felony transporation of an assault rifle, he said.

Police initially reported that 37 weapons were found in the truck. Castles said that count was an estimate based on the number of containers in the truck, which did not all contain weapons.

Holcomb said there was no indication the man was out to do any harm at the airport and was apparently there to pick up someone.

"He just made a very bad decision and should not have been carrying those weapons," Holcomb said.

Airport police routinely set up vehicle checkpoints at roads leading into the airport's central ring roads, but Castles said it is rare to find so many weapons at once.

The FBI, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and Los Angeles Police Department are investigating whether the weapons were properly registered.

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Time Served

Reading that article has me confused as i have not seen a truck with a TRUNK yet !
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Professional Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrstang View Post
Reading that article has me confused as i have not seen a truck with a TRUNK yet !
A honda ridgeline would be close, but that is only if you consider that abomination a truck.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 02:45 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrstang View Post
Reading your post has me confused as I have not seen the word "trunk" anywhere in that article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Lifer

California pssh

If that was DFW what is the crime here? Say a guy is cutting thru north to south (or vise versa) to avoid traffic and has a truck load of guns and (only) 700 rounds.

Hell I parked in long term parking a few weeks ago with 7,000 rounds in the back of my truck under the cover. I know not the smartest thing to do. Followed by a trip thru the security screeners with 3 pocket knifes in my carry on. (ooops)
................my own wedding, a night of drinking till 2a.m. and a 7a.m. flight out do not mix well.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 01:55 AM
not exclude

I'd be curious to know if that'd be illegal in Texas, I don't think it would.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Factory Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
California pssh

If that was DFW what is the crime here? Say a guy is cutting thru north to south (or vise versa) to avoid traffic and has a truck load of guns and (only) 700 rounds.

Hell I parked in long term parking a few weeks ago with 7,000 rounds in the back of my truck under the cover. I know not the smartest thing to do. Followed by a trip thru the security screeners with 3 pocket knifes in my carry on. (ooops)
................my own wedding, a night of drinking till 2a.m. and a 7a.m. flight out do not mix well.
House of Blues was having everyone empty their pockets, and go through a metal detector. I had a case knife and set it out, but they didn't say anything, and let me through with it. I guess I have redneck street cred now.

Give me a dollar.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:27 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
House of Blues was having everyone empty their pockets, and go through a metal detector. I had a case knife and set it out, but they didn't say anything, and let me through with it. I guess I have redneck street cred now.
Wonder what would have happen if you set a 1911 in the tray and walked through?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei

So he maybe came from the range to pick someone up at the airport?

Jeeze...

Not like he tried to walk in with any of them.

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:37 PM
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooterWS6 View Post
So he maybe came from the range to pick someone up at the airport?

Jeeze...

Not like he tried to walk in with any of them.
got to love how "pickup truck" was used, if he was driving anything else it would be of no relevance.

How is transporting an assault rifle a felony? Someone explain that to me.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
got to love how "pickup truck" was used, if he was driving anything else it would be of no relevance.

Dude, it's KALIFORNIA!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei

Quote:

No shit! Good old bubba is going to the airport to shoot himself some arabs! or something like that...

Seriously? With them saying many containers, im assuming(I know) that they were probably just mulitple gun cases, and the ammunition was probably to each of those, from which he just got back from the range.
Shit, maybe he just came back from a gun show and bought/traded for tons of shit? Is that a crime now?

I know when I go to the gun range I take many rifles/guns/ammo, at least I dont ever need to travel to california for any of that!

And also, im willing that "assault rifle" is an AR(or AK) semi, SOOOO dangerous

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:52 PM
CJ

Quote:

And also, im willing that "assault rifle" is an AR(or AK) semi, SOOOO dangerous

Knowing the media, it was probably a marlin bolt action .22LR.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Factory Issue

Quote:
Wonder what would have happen if you set a 1911 in the tray and walked through?
He didn't even wand the small of my back, so I could've packed if I wanted to, but fuck jail.

Give me a dollar.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Man this is Texas I always have a knife on me. I even made my groomsman wear their new pocket knifes I gave them during the wedding.

The funny thing is the wife even asked before we went thru security, "did you leave your knife in the truck?" (me) "of course I did, I ain't stupid". I guess I was wrong about that. lol They got me for 3 Blackhawk Silent Partner blades. Man was I pissed.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Time Served

Quote:
They made me take my 2" knife off my keychain and take it back to my truck. Nevermind that I had a key that was bigger than the knife.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 11:15 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtstang66 View Post
They made me take my 2" knife off my keychain and take it back to my truck. Nevermind that I had a key that was bigger than the knife.
Try getting into the Tarrant County courthouse. Way worse than the airport. Atleast the NTSB screeners know you'd have a hard time taking over a plane with nail clippers.

The really sad thing is that they'd never even know if someone had an acrylic or ceramic blade on them. Hell you could push through a baby carriage full of C4 and glass shards and they'd never suspect anything but that damned pocket knife and nail clippers aren't coming in.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Lifer

man o man, its sad to see stuff like this... were losing our freedom, one arrest at a time...
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
Try getting into the Tarrant County courthouse. Way worse than the airport. Atleast the NTSB screeners know you'd have a hard time taking over a plane with nail clippers.
Yup, fuck the Tarrant county courts!
I ended up throwing that one in the trash, fuck catching a bus back down to la grave, dropping it off, then waiting to catch another bus back. "You can take it back to your car." Yeah, ill walk the 3 miles back to drop that bad boy off...
Its my fault I forgot I had that little one on the keychain, but still, im there for fucking jury duty, the only person ill want to stab is myself for the toture of waiting 4hrs for nothing.

-Hávamál-

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 03:56 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Yup, fuck the Tarrant county courts!
I ended up throwing that one in the trash, fuck catching a bus back down to la grave, dropping it off, then waiting to catch another bus back. "You can take it back to your car." Yeah, ill walk the 3 miles back to drop that bad boy off...
Its my fault I forgot I had that little one on the keychain, but still, im there for fucking jury duty, the only person ill want to stab is myself for the toture of waiting 4hrs for nothing.
I hid mine in the railing outside and suprisingly enough it was still there 4 hours later.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement