Coming to an Airport near you... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
mopar63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Watauga
Posts: 1,136
Coming to an Airport near you...

(German accent) "Passport and papers please"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,478864,00.html

LOS ANGELES — A motorist with 16 guns and at least 700 rounds of ammunition in his pickup truck was arrested Friday at a vehicle checkpoint as he entered Los Angeles International Airport, authorities said.

The weapons and ammunition were in a container in the back of the man's truck, which was stopped by airport police officers at a major entrance to the passenger terminals area, said airport spokeswoman Nancy Castles.

The 47-year-old man's identity was not immediately released.

Only one of the weapons, a revolver, was loaded, airport police Sgt. Jim Holcomb said.

The man was arrested for investigation of felony transporation of an assault rifle, he said.

Police initially reported that 37 weapons were found in the truck. Castles said that count was an estimate based on the number of containers in the truck, which did not all contain weapons.

Holcomb said there was no indication the man was out to do any harm at the airport and was apparently there to pick up someone.

"He just made a very bad decision and should not have been carrying those weapons," Holcomb said.

Airport police routinely set up vehicle checkpoints at roads leading into the airport's central ring roads, but Castles said it is rare to find so many weapons at once.

The FBI, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, and Los Angeles Police Department are investigating whether the weapons were properly registered.

Mopar63

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
mopar63 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Dallas
Posts: 522
Reading that article has me confused as i have not seen a truck with a TRUNK yet !
jrstang is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Professional Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Closed Course
Posts: 6,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrstang View Post
Reading that article has me confused as i have not seen a truck with a TRUNK yet !
A honda ridgeline would be close, but that is only if you consider that abomination a truck.
71chevellejohn is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 02:45 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrstang View Post
Reading that article has me confused as i have not seen a truck with a TRUNK yet !
Reading your post has me confused as I have not seen the word "trunk" anywhere in that article.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
California pssh

If that was DFW what is the crime here? Say a guy is cutting thru north to south (or vise versa) to avoid traffic and has a truck load of guns and (only) 700 rounds.

Hell I parked in long term parking a few weeks ago with 7,000 rounds in the back of my truck under the cover. I know not the smartest thing to do. Followed by a trip thru the security screeners with 3 pocket knifes in my carry on. (ooops)
................my own wedding, a night of drinking till 2a.m. and a 7a.m. flight out do not mix well.
sonic93 is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 01:55 AM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
I'd be curious to know if that'd be illegal in Texas, I don't think it would.
exlude is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic93 View Post
California pssh

If that was DFW what is the crime here? Say a guy is cutting thru north to south (or vise versa) to avoid traffic and has a truck load of guns and (only) 700 rounds.

Hell I parked in long term parking a few weeks ago with 7,000 rounds in the back of my truck under the cover. I know not the smartest thing to do. Followed by a trip thru the security screeners with 3 pocket knifes in my carry on. (ooops)
................my own wedding, a night of drinking till 2a.m. and a 7a.m. flight out do not mix well.
House of Blues was having everyone empty their pockets, and go through a metal detector. I had a case knife and set it out, but they didn't say anything, and let me through with it. I guess I have redneck street cred now.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:27 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
House of Blues was having everyone empty their pockets, and go through a metal detector. I had a case knife and set it out, but they didn't say anything, and let me through with it. I guess I have redneck street cred now.
Wonder what would have happen if you set a 1911 in the tray and walked through?
CJ is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei
 
PooterWS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mozambique
Posts: 19,759
So he maybe came from the range to pick someone up at the airport?

Jeeze...

Not like he tried to walk in with any of them.

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

PooterWS6 is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:37 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooterWS6 View Post
So he maybe came from the range to pick someone up at the airport?

Jeeze...

Not like he tried to walk in with any of them.
got to love how "pickup truck" was used, if he was driving anything else it would be of no relevance.

How is transporting an assault rifle a felony? Someone explain that to me.
CJ is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
got to love how "pickup truck" was used, if he was driving anything else it would be of no relevance.

How is transporting an assault rifle a felony? Someone explain that to me.
Dude, it's KALIFORNIA!
03trubluGT is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei
 
PooterWS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mozambique
Posts: 19,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
got to love how "pickup truck" was used, if he was driving anything else it would be of no relevance.

How is transporting an assault rifle a felony? Someone explain that to me.
No shit! Good old bubba is going to the airport to shoot himself some arabs! or something like that...


Seriously? With them saying many containers, im assuming(I know) that they were probably just mulitple gun cases, and the ammunition was probably to each of those, from which he just got back from the range.
Shit, maybe he just came back from a gun show and bought/traded for tons of shit? Is that a crime now?

I know when I go to the gun range I take many rifles/guns/ammo, at least I dont ever need to travel to california for any of that!

And also, im willing that "assault rifle" is an AR(or AK) semi, SOOOO dangerous

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

PooterWS6 is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:52 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooterWS6 View Post

And also, im willing that "assault rifle" is an AR(or AK) semi, SOOOO dangerous

Knowing the media, it was probably a marlin bolt action .22LR.
CJ is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
Wonder what would have happen if you set a 1911 in the tray and walked through?
He didn't even wand the small of my back, so I could've packed if I wanted to, but fuck jail.

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Bagram Air Base, Afg
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
House of Blues was having everyone empty their pockets, and go through a metal detector. I had a case knife and set it out, but they didn't say anything, and let me through with it. I guess I have redneck street cred now.
Man this is Texas I always have a knife on me. I even made my groomsman wear their new pocket knifes I gave them during the wedding.

The funny thing is the wife even asked before we went thru security, "did you leave your knife in the truck?" (me) "of course I did, I ain't stupid". I guess I was wrong about that. lol They got me for 3 Blackhawk Silent Partner blades. Man was I pissed.
sonic93 is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Land of Gar
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
House of Blues was having everyone empty their pockets, and go through a metal detector. I had a case knife and set it out, but they didn't say anything, and let me through with it. I guess I have redneck street cred now.
They made me take my 2" knife off my keychain and take it back to my truck. Nevermind that I had a key that was bigger than the knife.
vtstang66 is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 11:15 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtstang66 View Post
They made me take my 2" knife off my keychain and take it back to my truck. Nevermind that I had a key that was bigger than the knife.
Try getting into the Tarrant County courthouse. Way worse than the airport. Atleast the NTSB screeners know you'd have a hard time taking over a plane with nail clippers.

The really sad thing is that they'd never even know if someone had an acrylic or ceramic blade on them. Hell you could push through a baby carriage full of C4 and glass shards and they'd never suspect anything but that damned pocket knife and nail clippers aren't coming in.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Lifer
 
GT Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,335
man o man, its sad to see stuff like this... were losing our freedom, one arrest at a time...
GT Dan is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei
 
PooterWS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mozambique
Posts: 19,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
Try getting into the Tarrant County courthouse. Way worse than the airport. Atleast the NTSB screeners know you'd have a hard time taking over a plane with nail clippers.
Yup, fuck the Tarrant county courts!
I ended up throwing that one in the trash, fuck catching a bus back down to la grave, dropping it off, then waiting to catch another bus back. "You can take it back to your car." Yeah, ill walk the 3 miles back to drop that bad boy off...
Its my fault I forgot I had that little one on the keychain, but still, im there for fucking jury duty, the only person ill want to stab is myself for the toture of waiting 4hrs for nothing.

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

PooterWS6 is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 03:56 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: At the Dexter Lake Club
Posts: 12,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooterWS6 View Post
Yup, fuck the Tarrant county courts!
I ended up throwing that one in the trash, fuck catching a bus back down to la grave, dropping it off, then waiting to catch another bus back. "You can take it back to your car." Yeah, ill walk the 3 miles back to drop that bad boy off...
Its my fault I forgot I had that little one on the keychain, but still, im there for fucking jury duty, the only person ill want to stab is myself for the toture of waiting 4hrs for nothing.
I hid mine in the railing outside and suprisingly enough it was still there 4 hours later.

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
BP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome