? for those that carry.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Licking the windows!

? for those that carry....

I just got my first handgun about 8 months ago, I haven't gone for a CHL just because I haven't felt I needed it yet. My questions to those of you that carry routinely are -

What happens if you are out at a resturant/store/gas station...etc and someone happens to see your weapon, does it create big problems?

How do you dress to keep the above from happening, I assume you either always have to have a jacket of some sort on or have your shirt untucked...or do some of you have an ankle holster?

Just wondering about the cons of rountinely carrying.

TIA

David

"Friends" help you move......."Real Friends" help you move bodies!

GIFSoup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Slingin rock on da corner

I'll be keeping tabs on this thread.....

Taking this class this month, and I too am curious about the cons and troubles and whatnot of carrying often.

I've heard that if you carry for a while, and then for some reason forget your weapon one morning, you'll feel naked without it. True?

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.

God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
my excuse is i dont give a fuck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev View Post
sass me again and see what happens...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
I knew you were a titty hating fag the moment I met you.

2007 Harley Davidson Street Bob
2003 King Ranch F-150
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 08:42 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MireFire 2.0 View Post
I just got my first handgun about 8 months ago, I haven't gone for a CHL just because I haven't felt I needed it yet. My questions to those of you that carry routinely are -

What happens if you are out at a resturant/store/gas station...etc and someone happens to see your weapon, does it create big problems?

How do you dress to keep the above from happening, I assume you either always have to have a jacket of some sort on or have your shirt untucked...or do some of you have an ankle holster?

Just wondering about the cons of rountinely carrying.

TIA

David

Ok, I used to be a t-shirt guy until i got my CHL. Now i put a t-shirt on, tuck it in and then put a button up over it with my holster in between. I do that cause i dont much care for the feeling of my holster agenst my skin. I have had one unintentional falure to conceal in a grocery store that a on duty cop saw. She was very polite suprisingly, only asked to see me DL and CHL and ran it. I got a "be more careful" and she went on her way. I am sure this had to do with mt gun being in a higher end holster and me being dressed properly to conceal (not good enough though lol). I carry every day in a crossbreed supertuck packing a 9mm usp compact. As long as i put a medium shirt on over my gun i have no problems concealing ever. I had to change how i bend down to get something as well as what side of my body i expose when sitting in a restraunt.

overall its not that big of a change to be honest, I didnt mind the change in clothes or the change in habits. although it is kinda irritating to put on two shirts in summer.

I was carrying in this pic at about 3:00. If you look just abouve my watch pocket by my belt you can see just a hint of the front belt clip on the holster.

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 08:43 PM
I Я Invizabul

If you have any more questions ask away and ill do my best
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Licking the windows!

One more question that might reach a wider audience. Am I correct that even without a CHL I am within my right to have a loaded handgun in my vehicle whenever I choose, as long as I don't flash it around or generally act stupid? Also if I get stopped for speeding or something and no matter if they ask or I just offer the info that I have a gun in the car, is that going to lead to long, lengthy searches and unwanted hassle?

David

GIFSoup
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:19 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
One more question that might reach a wider audience. Am I correct that even without a CHL I am within my right to have a loaded handgun in my vehicle whenever I choose, as long as I don't flash it around or generally act stupid? Also if I get stopped for speeding or something and no matter if they ask or I just offer the info that I have a gun in the car, is that going to lead to long, lengthy searches and unwanted hassle?

David
HB 1815 states as long are not doing anything in this passage in this passage you can carry a loaded CONCEALED gun in your car.

(2) the person is:
(A) engaged in criminal activity, other than a
Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance
regulating traffic;
(B) prohibited by law from possessing a firearm;
or
(C) a member of a criminal street gang, as
defined by Section 71.01.

Its best to just read the bill

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs...l/HB01815F.HTM
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:

David
I got pulled over the day after Christmas, coming home from a friends house. Tag light was out. Anyways, I had been at a friends house, showing him my new
XD .357 SIG. I was wondering whether I should tell the officer that the gun was in the truck, when I noticed him noticing all the ammo in the passenger seat. So I went ahead and offered up the info. He asked a few questions, took down the numbers from the gun, then went and ran the info.

Didn't take very much longer than an average traffic stop. When he got back, he said all was well, asked me a little about the gun, then told me to have a good night after giving me a warning about the tag light.

God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

2003 King Ranch F-150
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:30 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

much like drift_poser, I have had to slightly alter my habits when out in public. Depending on what exactly is my concealing garment depends on how I reach for things above my head. If I'm wearing a polo untucked, I have to reach with my left hand.

Luckily, I have never exposed my firearm in public, but the law does specify intentional failure to conceal, not unintentional. If you're jacket blows open and your firearm is visible, you generally won't have any trouble from LEOs as you were making a conscious effort to remain concealed.

My usual carry holster is a cheap Galco tuckable IWB. But it isn't very stable with only one belt hook. I also carry in an ankle holster from time to time and had been wanting to pick up a shoulder rig for winter use.

The biggest thing I have had to quit doing is messing with it in public. You don't want to constantly adjust it, so get a holster/belt setup that keeps it in place and leave it alone. And carry around the house until your license comes in.

Also, to your question about carrying in your car. You can carry a handgun concealed from your house to your car, from your car to your work (assuming you have permission to carry at work) and vice versa. The only real downside to this option is that you can't (legally) carry into Walmart (or other establishments) without a CHL.

post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

concealed means concealed,i carryed mine for the pass 3 year without printing , i have 3 different carrys that i used each different for the occasions.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Gun Nut- Got Lead?

There are holsters for every carry position you could want. I personally carry in an Uncle Mikes IWB (inside waist band) in jeans and tshirt most of the time. I went thru 4 holsters before getting comfortable with the one I carry most.

I have been carrying for almost 5 years and have never had someone see it. I know I have had occasions where I was printing but the average person is too oblivious to notice or thinks its a cell phone. (Sheep)

When eating out I tend to sit with my right hip inwards in a booth to prevent accidental exposure. When reaching I tend to use my left hand more. When I leave home without it I feel naked.
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 07:02 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversage View Post
concealed means concealed,i carryed mine for the pass 3 year without printing , i have 3 different carrys that i used each different for the occasions.
say wha?

My '03 Sold.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 07:08 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
say wha?
He saying that in the three years he's carried, he's maintained a concealed status with his weapon. Nothing showing, no printing (someone making out the outline of your weapon under your clothes) and has had no issues. If they can tell you have a handgun, it is not concealed.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 07:12 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
He saying that in the three years he's carried, he's maintained a concealed status with his weapon. Nothing showing, no printing (someone making out the outline of your weapon under your clothes) and has had no issues. If they can tell you have a handgun, it is not concealed.
Thank you kind sir.

My '03 Sold.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

I carry with this holster..it allows you to tuck in your shirts if you want to, problem solved!

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 09:03 AM
I Я Invizabul

Here is my everyday carry, I'm waiting on a new mag holster that should be here today. If i were going out I would throw a button up over this and be good to go.

Like i said its a USP compact 9mm in a crossbreed Supertuck with the horsehide option.

Forgive the dog ... he follows me everywhere
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashstang04 View Post
I carry with this holster..it allows you to tuck in your shirts if you want to, problem solved!
maybe im confused, wouldn't you need to untuck your shirt to draw then?
I guess that's not too hard...

79 K5 blazer, 6" lift 38x15" tires d44/12b lockers and chromoly axles ,6.2L GM diesel - Waste Vegetable Oil conversion - cross over steering,14"SAW nitrogen shocks, beefed shackles, shackle flip, winch/ bumpers, diff covers.

94 CBR 600 naked, handbraked, -1 +3 sprockets, one wheel operation mod

"I'm sorry, nothing quite says, "F- You, I'm from Texas" like an all-business, stripped-down K5."
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:16 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant View Post

Yeah, thats the drill. I have carried with my supertuck with it tucked in a few times and i have to say its not that bad at all. I can see how untucking it would be a pain if you needed it. As soon as i can i am going to buy a Smith and Wesson 637 and find a good leather ankle holster for the times i need my shirt to be tucked in.
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Time Served

Chl

I have had my CHL for a little over 3 years and have not had any issues with concealment. I have noticed my gun was visible a couple of times due to printing but no one was around. I started wearing untucked kinda loose shirts to keep from printing. You do have to watch how you bend down but not that much of a change. I usually carry wiith my Fobus Paddle Holster or in the small of my back. I find carrying in the small of your back is more comfortable and easy to conceal but if you have to go and sit for a long period it gets very uncomfortable.

You can carry in your vehicle as long as you are not participating in any criminal activities and have the right to own a gun.

Also on another note the open carry law is supposed to be going to the texas legislature sometime this month. There is a petition on opencarry.com i believe to allow exas CHL holder's the right to carry openly which we are only 1 of 6 states that don't allow it already. If that is passed you won't have to worry about it.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 01:03 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace2985 View Post
Also on another note the open carry law is supposed to be going to the texas legislature sometime this month. There is a petition on opencarry.com i believe to allow exas CHL holder's the right to carry openly which we are only 1 of 6 states that don't allow it already. If that is passed you won't have to worry about it.
That is not correct. Please read this for the proper info on open carry.

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCH...p?f=92&t=21374

Quote:
The folks at OpenCarry.org posted a notice today that there still is no open-carry bill introduced. They also suggest emailing Representatives and Senators requesting that they sponsor a bill like the one posted on their website. (OpenCarry.org Bill)

Although pre-filing of bills is allowed, the vast majority of bills are not filed until after the session begins. Only two pro-gun bills were pre-filed, one that repeals the requirement to show a CHL when asked for ID and one to amend the statute that the NICS people are using to prohibit Texans from buying long guns in non-contiguous states. So the lack of a pre-filed bill should not be a cause for concern for people who support open-carry.

I'm sure the motive for posting this message on OpenCarry.org is not the lack of a pre-filed bill, but the lack of a bill sponsor or a bill at all. Otherwise, they wouldn't be making a blanket request for any Representative or any Senator to sponsor one and then refer them to the one a Virginia law student wrote for OpenCarry.org. The lack of a bill or a sponsor obviously is a matter of concern to open-carry supporters.

We have dozens of threads and hundreds of posts on whether Texas should allow open-carry and this post/thread is not going to be another one. I am posting this only to address the wording and scope of the proposed bill, so please don't turn this into yet another pro/con debate on open carry. I am addressing only the method being used, not the goal they are trying to achieve.

I recommend not promoting the model bill that OpenCarry.org offers on its website. It goes much further than is necessary to legalize open-carry. I understand that OpenCarry.org wants unlicensed open-carry, but even those who support open-carry are divided on the licensed v. unlicensed issue. Regardless of the approach taken, it would be much easier and safer to approach a bill by making minimal changes to the Penal Code to achieve the goal. For example, to legalize unlicensed open-carry, the only thing that needs to be done is to insert the word "concealed" in front of "handgun" in TPC §46.02(a). If the goal is to legalize licensed open-carry, then leave TPC §46.02 alone and simply repeal TPC §46.035(a) that requires concealment.

By making the massive changes as set out in the OpenCarry.org model bill, i.e. repeal of TPC §46.035 and moving it to §46.02, the entire subject matter of §46.035 dealing off-limits areas are germane to the bill. This opens those subjects up to amendments that would not otherwise be germane if the only changes were those I set out above. As currently written, the OpenCarry.org bill is an anti-gunner's dream! It allows them to attach a wide variety of anti-gun, off-limits, provisions. If that were to happen, the bill sponsor would be in a position of having to "pull down" (a/k/a kill) his/her own bill, or let anti-gun provisions remain in the bill for floor debate and possible passage. No responsible pro-gun elected official would take that risk. I know, I've been in just that situation -- watching our own bill killed because of an amendment.

If any of our members have any input with OpenCarry.org, it would be to their benefit not to promote the bill they have posted. I have no doubt that the law student who drafted the bill was not aware of Texas' stringent germane rule and that his/her proposed bill could have such dire consequences. I also understand that this law student was probably trying to consolidate the various provisions under one subsection, but this is not the way to go about recodification. When recodifications are done, they are done with that explicit goal and they include language like "this recodification is not intended to make substantive changes to any existing statute or laws." This makes it clear that the subject matter addressed is not open for amendment, and that the bill is solely intended to rewrite the code to be more readable and "user friendly." If amendments are offered that would have a substantive effect, they are ruled "out of order" and are not added to the bill.

Again, I am not opposing open-carry as a concept (not in this thread anyway); I am expressing a very strong concern for the specific bill that OpenCarry.org is recommending. It would be in everyone's best interest for this bill to be withdrawn and a very narrow substitute offered. I am not suggesting that supporters of open-carry not answer OpenCarry.org's call to action, if that is what you believe is appropriate. However, I think it would be prudent to promote a much narrower bill.

Rodbender, based upon your posts here and on OpenCarry.org, it appears you may be in a position to pass these concerns along to OpenCarry.org so they will be received as constructive. If I made these same comments, I'm sure they would not be perceived as constructive. :mrgreen:

Chas.
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by futant View Post
Yes you sure would, but given the right situation , I want to carry with me in the 1% circumstance that I am somewhere I have to tick my shirt in. This holster allows me to carry 100%, regardless of attire.

So to answer your question, yes, you would have to untuck your shirt, but better that than not carry, and it would be much faster than ankle carry.

post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 02:36 PM

How often do you have to renew your CHL?

Also, do you have to pay full course price when you renew, or is it reduced?

TIA

God Bless our Troops

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

2003 King Ranch F-150
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 02:47 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
How often do you have to renew your CHL?

Also, do you have to pay full course price when you renew, or is it reduced?

TIA
Mine needs to be renewed 2012 so 4 years on the first one. Then 5 years on everyone after that if i recall right.

the class to renew is normaly a reduced rate .. normaly about 2/3 - 3/4 new class price. The guy i am going to renew with charges 70 instead of 110

the state fee is 70 instead of the full 140
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 03:18 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Yes you sure would, but given the right situation , I want to carry with me in the 1% circumstance that I am somewhere I have to tick my shirt in. This holster allows me to carry 100%, regardless of attire.

So to answer your question, yes, you would have to untuck your shirt, but better that than not carry, and it would be much faster than ankle carry.
How comfortable/stable is that holster and what brand/model is it?

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 03:28 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
How comfortable/stable is that holster and what brand/model is it?
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZAA832-33.html

I wouldnt imagine its too stable because it only has one clip. I imagine it rotates a bit. I also would guess its kinda thick because of the type of material its made of and where the clip is located.

Where do you want to carry at on your body? 2:00? 3:00? 4:00?

Check out crossbread for some thin holsters that are very stable. They cost a bit more but its well worth the money. If you are in the North fort worth area i would be glad to let you check mine out.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:17 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

I thought it might have been better made. I've had my eye on several different higher end brand holsters. I need to find my list and order one for my Glock 19 and a different one for my Glock 26. I'm tired of this cheap Galco.

post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:22 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
I thought it might have been better made. I've had my eye on several different higher end brand holsters. I need to find my list and order one for my Glock 19 and a different one for my Glock 26. I'm tired of this cheap Galco.
nah there crappy. Seriously look at crossbreed or compatac mtac for a new one. all leather holsters arent as goos as half kydex ones. also check out tucker "the answer"
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Quote:
It is very well made, and stays right where I put it. After it breaks in some you won't even notice it. I carry in the small of my back and drive with it with no discomfort at all. For the price, you can't beat it. I have a drawer full of holsters, and I always come back to these. It doesn't rotate because it sits low.

post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:29 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
It is very well made, and stays right where I put it. After it breaks in some you won't even notice it. I carry in the small of my back and drive with it with no discomfort at all. For the price, you can't beat it. I have a drawer full of holsters, and I always come back to these. It doesn't rotate because it sits low.
See i cant carry in SOB, every time i try to bend over i print like a motherfucker. I personaly cant stand it. One thing i really hate about that holster you have is there is 0 retention whatsoever.

what other holsters ya have in that drawer?
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_poser View Post
See i cant carry in SOB, every time i try to bend over i print like a motherfucker. I personaly cant stand it. One thing i really hate about that holster you have is there is 0 retention whatsoever.

what other holsters ya have in that drawer?
I have a few neoprenes holsters, 4 aces, 2 galcos, and 2 fobus.

One thing that hasn't been brought up yet is body type. That really dictates what position you can carry in best sometimes. I can't carry large frame pistols in 'kidney' because they print on me so bad. I can carry in front, but my Benchmade rides there and it has seniority.

Where I carry retention is not an issue at all.

post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:38 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
I have a few neoprenes holsters, 4 aces, 2 galcos, and 2 fobus.

One thing that hasn't been brought up yet is body type. That really dictates what position you can carry in best sometimes. I can't carry large frame pistols in 'kidney' because they print on me so bad. I can carry in front, but my Benchmade rides there and it has seniority.

Where I carry retention is not an issue at all.

TRY A HIGHER END KYDEX/LEATHER COMBO, YOU WILL BE AMAZED. iF YOU ARE IN FT WORTH YA CAN CHECK OUT MINE IF YOU LIKE. iM NOT FAR FROM CHEAPER THAN DIRT.

fuck it its staying that way, sorry for the caps
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?

Quote:
TRY A HIGHER END KYDEX/LEATHER COMBO, YOU WILL BE AMAZED. iF YOU ARE IN FT WORTH YA CAN CHECK OUT MINE IF YOU LIKE. iM NOT FAR FROM CHEAPER THAN DIRT.

fuck it its staying that way, sorry for the caps

Im not close to anyone lol. I will eventually get one of those but I rotate what I carry, so that would be a pretty large investment. If I were close I would take you up on that.

post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:49 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Im not close to anyone lol. I will eventually get one of those but I rotate what I carry, so that would be a pretty large investment. If I were close I would take you up on that.
http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=95

80 bucks for the holster and one body 38 bucks for every additional body. So if you have more than one gun ya carry you buy the holster for the largest gun you have and then the spare bodys for every other gun you have.
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:25 PM
I might, im drunk.......

This does the trick for me on a 4" springfield. http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index....on=show_detail I do not really like the idea of their multi fit stick one one but I have had no issues in the SOB of side carry.
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:27 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.

I carry my desert eagle between my butt cheeks, I find it to be far more convenient not having to worry about apparel or someone seeing it. Walking is a bit painful, and sitting is out of the question however.
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:31 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidonenko View Post
This does the trick for me on a 4" springfield. http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index....on=show_detail I do not really like the idea of their multi fit stick one one but I have had no issues in the SOB of side carry.
I dunno about those. I dont know if i like the idea of something riding my slide and screwing up the finish. But i dont know a whole lot about them.
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:33 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
I carry my desert eagle between my butt cheeks, I find it to be far more convenient not having to worry about apparel or someone seeing it. Walking is a bit painful, and sitting is out of the question however.
Just a excuse to get dudes to check out your ass
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:34 PM
CJ

Quote:
Just a excuse to get dudes to check out your ass
or my gun that smells like ass
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
or my gun that smells like ass

Wonder if ya walk funny
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Licking the windows!

Quote:

CJ you training the gurl also?

GIFSoup
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 06:10 PM
CJ

Quote:
CJ you training the gurl also?

LOL!

Honey, why does my gun smell like fish?
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 06:26 PM
The token Asian guy

I used to worry about printing. Every little bulge on my hip looked like a gun to me. Until one day I was hanging out with an off duty police officer. He carries concealed but doesn't have to worry about the while printing thing. We were playing pool and every time he took a shot, the butt of his gun would stick out like he had a D cell battery stuck to his belt. This went on all night as I observed the people around us. No one really gave a rats ass about it. No one freaked out. No one called the cops. Now, if that was me (not a police officer) and someone called the cops on me, it will boil down to the cop telling me to be more careful. It is not an offense if printing or showing was unintentional.

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 01:43 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
nah there crappy. Seriously look at crossbreed or compatac mtac for a new one. all leather holsters arent as goos as half kydex ones. also check out tucker "the answer"
I think that Tucker is on my list along with 3-4 others that I can't think of right now. The only reason I don't have a nicer holster is because I don't want to wait months for an order. But I will probably order a holster when I get my tax return seeing as how it's not gonna get better. That and it's no worse than waiting for AR15 parts to ship.

post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 08:04 PM
I might, im drunk.......

Quote:
I dunno about those. I dont know if i like the idea of something riding my slide and screwing up the finish. But i dont know a whole lot about them.
Does not touch the slide
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I carry in a comptac c-tac and have never had a problem with printing or the gun being exposed. When I first got my chl I was worried about it but you have to realize that no one else knows you have a gun so they aren't staring at your waist trying to figure out if you're carrying. My friends know I carry regularly but have never been able to recognize when I am and a number of them are surprised when they find out I am.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement