Went Shooting Today - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Went Shooting Today

Finally got to go shooting again since this time last year. Some pics and vids











http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ghvq8k4f-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbHOwMSCw9c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GteXhiL5Tq8

Last edited by David; 12-31-2008 at 11:28 AM.
David is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Damn you know youre doing some serious shooting when you have to have a can of CLP present. lol

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Lifer
 
gtownGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Garland
Posts: 1,929
Damn

Is that a silencer on that hand gun?
gtownGT is offline  
 
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtownGT
Is that a silencer on that hand gun?
Yes
David is offline  
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Banned
 
DOHCTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Waco
Posts: 5,539
looks like fun!
DOHCTR is offline  
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei
 
PooterWS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mozambique
Posts: 19,759
I want to party!

David, hit me up if you do anything like that again in the area, Id just like to watch.

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

PooterWS6 is offline  
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Boneless
 
Magnimike1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Under a bowtie
Posts: 3,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooterWS6
I want to party!

David, hit me up if you do anything like that again in the area, Id just like to watch.
Me too me too

NEEDED:

Almost There.....
Magnimike1 is offline  
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Nice, but not worth the money to own one. I'd rather go shoot someone else's.

LOL @ all the David nut lickers in here.
Hass is offline  
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
Nice, but not worth the money to own one. I'd rather go shoot someone else's.

LOL @ all the David nut lickers in here.
90% of the shit anyone purchases is worth squat.
David is offline  
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
90% of the shit anyone purchases is worth squat.
Like what?
Hass is offline  
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
Like what?
A car that goes faster than 70mph, more than one car, alcohol, houses, TVs, game consoles, jewelry, GPS devices, etc etc.
David is offline  
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Lifer
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 29,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
Nice, but not worth the money to own one. I'd rather go shoot someone else's.

LOL @ all the David nut lickers in here.
I'd hate to rain on your parade, but the gun market right now is one of the only markets that "appreciates" and does it quite well.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

Trip McNeely is offline  
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smithville
Posts: 1,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06
I'd hate to rain on your parade, but the gun market right now is one of the only markets that "appreciates" and does it quite well.

W3RD!

RON PAUL '08
fast83 is offline  
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06
I'd hate to rain on your parade, but the gun market right now is one of the only markets that "appreciates" and does it quite well.
Not raining on my parade. Guns and gold traditionally go up in value. I've been preaching the benefits of investing in guns for several years to friends and ever since I joined this board. My friend that passed away a couple of years ago had close to 100,000 guns. Mostly investments. It's a shame he didn't make it this long, he'd have tripled his money. One thing he did not invest in was fully auto firearms. There is not as wide a market for them as there is every other firearm. Plus, we didn't like the feeling of giving the ATF a free pass to come in whenever they wanted. Although I used to want to buy a Thompson a few years ago as an investment and would have probably been comfortable with it.
Hass is offline  
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
A car that goes faster than 70mph, more than one car, alcohol, houses, TVs, game consoles, jewelry, GPS devices, etc etc.
I agree that about 60% of the things you listed aren't worth squat.
Hass is offline  
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 05:50 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Spanking your Mom.
Posts: 588
Damn, looks like fun! Thanks for posting up the vids.
Hunter is offline  
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 08:46 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
Not raining on my parade. Guns and gold traditionally go up in value. I've been preaching the benefits of investing in guns for several years to friends and ever since I joined this board. My friend that passed away a couple of years ago had close to 100,000 guns. Mostly investments. It's a shame he didn't make it this long, he'd have tripled his money. One thing he did not invest in was fully auto firearms. There is not as wide a market for them as there is every other firearm. Plus, we didn't like the feeling of giving the ATF a free pass to come in whenever they wanted. Although I used to want to buy a Thompson a few years ago as an investment and would have probably been comfortable with it.
Thompsons have come down quite a bit in the last 3 years. A friend just bought one in great shape for under $10K when 3 years ago they couldn't be found for under $20 in fair condition. They'll appreciate again and right now it would be an excellent investment.
1fastdem is offline  
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
Plus, we didn't like the feeling of giving the ATF a free pass to come in whenever they wanted. Although I used to want to buy a Thompson a few years ago as an investment and would have probably been comfortable with it.
Just because one owns a machine gun or any other NFA item doesnt mean you lose your 4th Amendment rights. Besides that, the ATF "can come whenever they want" is a myth.
David is offline  
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Arbeit Macht Frei
 
PooterWS6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mozambique
Posts: 19,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
Nice, but not worth the money to own one. I'd rather go shoot someone else's.

LOL @ all the David nut lickers in here.
LOL @ someone being a nut licker for being a gun enthusiast.
I guess if someone has a cool gun you dont have, you must be a nut licker for complimenting them on it....

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

PooterWS6 is offline  
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Got Lateral G's??
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Your mirror about to pass your ass!
Posts: 9,822
I will have to watch the vids when I get home but definitely post up your next planned outing...I wouldn't mind tagging along with my uninteresting stuff to shoot and definitely watch and listen to the action!



Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
aggie97 is offline  
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Just because one owns a machine gun or any other NFA item doesnt mean you lose your 4th Amendment rights.
I never said that. I'm saying that the ATF specifically that one should be concerned about. Not all law enforcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Besides that, the ATF "can come whenever they want" is a myth.
Tell that to the Branch Davidians.

Last edited by Hass; 12-29-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Hass is offline  
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooterWS6
LOL @ someone being a nut licker for being a gun enthusiast.
I guess if someone has a cool gun you dont have, you must be a nut licker for complimenting them on it....
You are a nut-licker because everyone can see through your request to "watch" as more of a request to shoot the guns.
Hass is offline  
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
I never said that.
That's essentially what I gathered from the "free pass".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
Tell that to the Branch Davidians.
Fuck those guys. Im not some crazy ass cult out looking for trouble. They had their chance to make right like everyone gets, they wanted the hard way. My gun rights are just the same as yours and if the UPS guy sees an bunch of guns/parts and the ATF wants to look into it, they'll look into you as much as into me.
David is offline  
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Fuck those guys. Im not some crazy ass cult out looking for trouble. They had their chance to make right like everyone gets, they wanted the hard way. My gun rights are just the same as yours and if the UPS guy sees an bunch of guns/parts and the ATF wants to look into it, they'll look into you as much as into me.
When an overzealous political faction moves to cut down on firearm sales and transfers, it sure makes it easier for them if they have a list of people to go directly to.
Hass is offline  
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
When an overzealous political faction moves to cut down on firearm sales and transfers, it sure makes it easier for them if they have a list of people to go directly to.
And you've posted on the internet you have guns. Bada boom, your registered. Difference?
David is offline  
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 10:51 AM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
When an overzealous political faction moves to cut down on firearm sales and transfers, it sure makes it easier for them if they have a list of people to go directly to.
Sounds like a good argument against CHLs, too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Lifer
 
Shaithis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Corinth
Posts: 6,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
You are a nut-licker because everyone can see through your request to "watch" as more of a request to shoot the guns.
You seem to be the only one making a fuss in here on a internet message board. You seem to be the one going out of your way to alienate everyone by calling people "nut huggers". Seems like jealousy to me.


Sweet vids David. Just wish we could see a closeup shot of the gun from the side while in action.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
Shaithis is offline  
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
Sweet vids David. Just wish we could see a closeup shot of the gun from the side while in action.
I have a buddy that some footage about like that, just waiting on him to send it to me.
David is offline  
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
And you've posted on the internet you have guns. Bada boom, your registered. Difference?
My gun can easily be sold to someone else without me having to bark like a dog, spin around 3 times, do the Cherokee war smoke signals, solve a rubik's cube, and fill out a stack of papers with a pencil held between my toes.
Hass is offline  
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
Sounds like a good argument against CHLs, too.
Unfortunately... yes. But like I just posted, other guns can be sold to Whatshisname Jones easily. It's a different story trying to unload some machine guns.
Hass is offline  
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
My gun can easily be sold to someone else without me having to bark like a dog, spin around 3 times, do the Cherokee war smoke signals, solve a rubik's cube, and fill out a stack of papers with my a pencil held between my toes.
And machine guns are the only thing I own?

Keep reaching.
David is offline  
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithis
You seem to be the only one making a fuss in here on a internet message board. You seem to be the one going out of your way to alienate everyone by calling people "nut huggers". Seems like jealousy to me.
Was I alienating everyone?
Hass is offline  
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
And machine guns are the only thing I own?

Keep reaching.
What do you mean? Didn't you ask me the difference between posting on the internet that I have guns and your name, address, and type of machine guns you own being listed on an up to date national registry. I believe I answered that one.
Hass is offline  
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
What do you mean? Didn't you ask me the difference between posting on the internet that I have guns and your name, address, and type of machine guns you own being listed on an up to date national registry. I believe I answered that one.
My point was that you say it's easy when a govt knows everything and it's on paper blah blah blah. I say it's not hard to locate your gun "ownership" from the internet. Does the govt know I have certain guns, sure. But when they come rounding us up like everyone is so worried about, you'll be right there with a knock on the door.
David is offline  
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
My point was that you say it's easy when a govt knows everything and it's on paper blah blah blah. I say it's not hard to locate your gun "ownership" from the internet. Does the govt know I have certain guns, sure. But when they come rounding us up like everyone is so worried about, you'll be right there with a knock on the door.
All I'm saying is that if I got a knock on my door, I will have already sold my guns as far as whoever's knocking is concerned. Now if I had plunked down major coin on a few machine guns, I would have some splaining to do if I tell them someone bought them and it's not properly recorded and approved.

How old are you? It sounds like you're a youngster with all the brush off you're doing about the gubment. I remember Ruby Ridge and Waco and the Assault Weapons Ban etc. It just seems that some younger people I listen to have the "it'll never happen" attitude.
Hass is offline  
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
All I'm saying is that if I got a knock on my door, I will have already sold my guns as far as whoever's knocking is concerned. Now if I had plunked down major coin on a few machine guns, I would have some splaining to do if I tell them someone bought them and it's not properly recorded and approved.

How old are you? It sounds like you're a youngster with all the brush off you're doing about the gubment. I remember Ruby Ridge and Waco and the Assault Weapons Ban etc. It just seems that some younger people I listen to have the "it'll never happen" attitude.
Im 24. Im aware of all those events.

Im also aware that the world still turned after all those events.
David is offline  
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Lifer
 
Hass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Im 24. Im aware of all those events.

Im also aware that the world still turned after all those events.
True.

Enjoy your guns as much as you can. I'm sure you paid a pretty penny to get them.
Hass is offline  
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass
True.

Enjoy your guns as much as you can. I'm sure you paid a pretty penny to get them.

I see your point and I do recall the AWB of the 90's. Clinton put alot of my friends out of business because of the AWB and looks like its going to be alot worse for the future.



2009 STRYKER BLUE pontiYACK G8 GT stock for now

03 AZURE MACH1 305 rwhp, 325RWTQ TUNED BY [email protected]<----------------------------SOLD

06 TRUEBLUE SUPERCREW F150 5.4L
ScottsMach03 is offline  
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Lifer
 
Shaithis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Corinth
Posts: 6,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
Was I alienating everyone?
I dunno, maybe i misread the quote below?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
LOL @ all the David nut lickers in here.

Newbies, please watch THIS before posting.
www.Lewisvillefishing.net
Shaithis is offline  
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Some more pics.





David is offline  
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 04:13 PM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Some more pics.





There are few things left that I want to do in my life, but two of them are to fire an MG42 at the hip, and an M60.

So, David, if you've got the time, I've got the ammo
CJ is offline  
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
There are few things left that I want to do in my life, but two of them are to fire an MG42 at the hip, and an M60.

So, David, if you've got the time, I've got the ammo
Give me a time in advance and I could probably do something.
David is offline  
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 360
David are some of those SOT guns or all transferable I know there are a few 249's available but not many same for the RPD

As far as Ruby Ridge and Waco neither involved machine guns legal or illegal it did involve abuse of power and stupidity on both sides. I don't care if you own one raven or the knight machine gun colection people know you own it.

Now back to your regular scheduled programing

If the ATF ever gets my paperwork even pending I'd love to be in on a shoot
bulldog896 is offline  
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog896 View Post
David are some of those SOT guns or all transferable I know there are a few 249's available but not many same for the RPD
One M60, PPSH, RPD, and M249 are all posties. One MG42 and MG34 are premay.

The rest are all transferables.
David is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome