DFW Mustang Forums banner

Push/ Pull pistol shooting tactic

346 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  srt-4_i_swear 
#1 ·
Maybe I'm just way behind but at work I was told about a tactic to keep you on target for the double tap shots.

It's designed for pistols with the grooved front trigger guard.

With a two handed hold push with the palm of the shooting hand while pulling back into your hand with the support hand. The two opposing forces will really steady your aim and reduce any recoil between shots.

once again I apologize if this is an overly-elementary tactic but I hadn't heard it so who knows.

#4 ·
It can help some people. One problem I have seen with this method is that some people "pull" too hard with their off hand. This causes their second shot to drift towards their off hand. If this happens, try just "pushing". Hold your off hand steady and push into it. Try it, if it works use it. Just make sure whatever grip you choose is comfortable, fast, and consistently repeatable.

#5 ·
This what my cousin trained me to use on my Kimber for double tap accuracy and overall tactical shooting with a .45. my groups and accuracy in rapid fire training have become very accurate. Also he taught me a better way to hold my pistol as well.

#7 ·
Yale said:
If you're not steady pulling the front of your shooting hand, you can wrap your off hand around your wrist and pull a little there.
That is one way. The push pull is a great technique, but you really need to have an instructor show you how to properly do it and then watch you to see that you are properly performing the technique.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.