Imagine being 12 and getting to shoot this.. - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Imagine being 12 and getting to shoot this..

We spent Friday and most of Saturday at the river shooting a variety of weapons.

I shot a S&W 500 Magnum, and five rounds is all I ever want to shoot of that.

Some of the guns out this weekend were:

Steyr Aug
AC556
MP5
Auto Ordinance Thompson
some German paratrooper 9mm
Mac10
AK47
Colt M16
some H&K rifle that looked like an MP5 but shot .223
and the Ramo M2 .50 Cal


All of the guns listed were full auto.

My 12 year old got to shoot the Ramo:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0773b.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	86210  
03trubluGT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 12:13 PM
fuckcanada
 
Roliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: fuckcanada
Posts: 5,325
Is this river on your land?

Roliath is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
The guy that owns the .50 owns the land...
03trubluGT is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 11:58 PM
I Я Invizabul
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Candyland
Posts: 4,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT
We spent Friday and most of Saturday at the river shooting a variety of weapons.

I shot a S&W 500 Magnum, and five rounds is all I ever want to shoot of that.

Some of the guns out this weekend were:

Steyr Aug
AC556
MP5
Auto Ordinance Thompson
some German paratrooper 9mm
Mac10
AK47
Colt M16
some H&K rifle that looked like an MP5 but shot .223
and the Ramo M2 .50 Cal


All of the guns listed were full auto.

My 12 year old got to shoot the Ramo:
I wanna play damn it !!!!!
Pokulski-Blatz is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net
 
lowthreeohz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hurst-Useless-Bedford area
Posts: 20,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath
Is this river on your land?
No, they're shooting mexico.
lowthreeohz is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 12:20 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.
 
CJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 12,013
Man, I can imagine being 24 and shooting that and laughing like a 12 year old.


Too bad that kid just shot the biggest gun he'll ever fire in his life, it's all going to be down hill from here.
CJ is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
Man, I can imagine being 24 and shooting that and laughing like a 12 year old.


Too bad that kid just shot the biggest gun he'll ever fire in his life, it's all going to be down hill from here.

He wanted to shoot it last year, but I didn't think he was ready. He's a pretty good shot with my AR, and he shows good gun safety, so I let him shoot the .50 BMG.
03trubluGT is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 11:16 AM
T5-T56-Tremec specialist
 
thesource's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Heading back to Plentywood
Posts: 8,389
Thats pretty cool .......
thesource is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Been there, done that.

So far the biggest gun Ive got to shhot is a 155mm out of an M109.
David is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Been there, done that.

So far the biggest gun Ive got to shhot is a 155mm out of an M109.

The biggest gun I've gotten to touch is one of the 16" guns on the USS Iowa.

Top that!
03trubluGT is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Lifer
 
jw33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: MARINE CORPS EXTREMIST
Posts: 7,724
ehhh no big deal. I see stuff like this and then think about having to carry some of it for 10-15 miles along with other gear and then having to clean it.
jw33 is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT
The biggest gun I've gotten to touch is one of the 16" guns on the USS Iowa.

Top that!
Ive touched 16 inch naval guns, but we're not talking touch.
David is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
03trubluGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 12,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Ive touched 16 inch naval guns, but we're not talking touch.

I wasn't qualified to fire the 16" gun!

I've gotten to see the 20mm CIWS (R2D2) fire in a training exercise. That was waaaaayy cool
03trubluGT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome