buying a handgun and CHL question - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

buying a handgun and CHL question

Can i buy a hand gun and take a CHL class? IF i have traffic warrants? I would really hate to waste my time and money if i can't complete the CHL class.

98sohc281 w/an 03 motor swap with hitech stage 2 cams,jlt intake,c and l upper, longtube headers,o/r x-pipe with cat back,4:10 gears and a 3k stall w/a lil spray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Time Served

A misdemeanor warrant should not preclude you from the purchase of a firearm in Texas. To get your CHL, one of the requirements is not having any outstanding warrants for your arrest. If you can't be responsible enough to pay a simple traffic citation then you probably shouldn't have a gun or CHL.

my regards
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Time Served

Or you could take care of your warrants?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin
Or you could take care of your warrants?
well that would be nice if dallas county would finish there paper work on my case. then i have a pending case in clay county even thou i have never been there. i am still fighting that also. but thanks for the help

98sohc281 w/an 03 motor swap with hitech stage 2 cams,jlt intake,c and l upper, longtube headers,o/r x-pipe with cat back,4:10 gears and a 3k stall w/a lil spray
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Time Served

I thought warrants were issued when you didnt show up for court?

Either way, your welcome for the help.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin
I thought warrants were issued when you didnt show up for court?

Either way, your welcome for the help.
in dallas county it stills shows up that i never paid them or even showed up to court but i have all the paper work showing that i did but they still never processed it. and in clay county i never showed up to court because it wasn't me it probly was the same fucker that stole 4 grand from my checking account last year. but like i said thats for the help i guess i will have to wait on the new gun and CHL

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 07:54 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98sohc281
in dallas county it stills shows up that i never paid them or even showed up to court but i have all the paper work showing that i did but they still never processed it. and in clay county i never showed up to court because it wasn't me it probly was the same fucker that stole 4 grand from my checking account last year. but like i said thats for the help i guess i will have to wait on the new gun and CHL
Or you could call whatever county offices on a daily basis until they get it processed...or you could physically go to said offices and tell them in person that you are not happy with the timeframe...

If your identity was stolen, you have bigger problems that will take longer to clear up and could affect your ability to buy a firearm. Get everything cleaned up before you apply for a CHL. You could always try to buy a handgun and see what kind of waiting period you end up with...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement