THE GUN SOURCE.COM selling at cost - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Meeeeooowww

Thumbs up THE GUN SOURCE.COM selling at cost

TGSCOM, Inc Media Center
Owner of Web-based Firearms Company that Sold to Virginia Tech and NIU Shooters to Forgo Profits to Help Prevent Future Loss of Life
TGSCOM will sell guns at cost for next two weeks to help give law-abiding citizens the “tools to prevent tragedy.”

http://www.thegunsource.com/store/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 02:59 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Tagged for home.

Anything good?

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 03:00 PM
que?

site not loading for me

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 03:17 PM
The token Asian guy

It's really slow. I've seen the same post on multiple message boards.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 03:37 PM
que?

daaaaaaaaamn, a glock17 17round magazine is 26.95!!!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Psycho Pilot Racing

Dosent seem like the prices are that great.....

**Disclaimer: Opinions cited by me are not necessarily my opinions.
Facts cited by me are not necessarily facts.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:02 PM
I Я Invizabul

yeah there is no way that is at cost ... when a LEO can pick up a g26 for 420ish ... these guys are charging 459 ... thats not cost

499 for a glock 19 ... COME ON NOW !!! that defently is above cost
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Pro-Israel; Pro-War

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_poser
yeah there is no way that is at cost ... when a LEO can pick up a g26 for 420ish ... these guys are charging 459 ... thats not cost

499 for a glock 19 ... COME ON NOW !!! that defently is above cost
http://www.thegunsource.com/store/Co...y=Guns_at_Cost

What exactly is "at cost"?

There has been some criticism as to what our cost actually is by some members of the firearms industry. In the spirit of full disclosure, we’ll let you know how this is calculated. “At cost” is determined by what we have to pay to make the transaction happen. Cost of gun (from an in-stock distributor) + What we get charged to process the credit card transaction = Our true cost. Ecommerce companies are charged a higher credit card transaction fee than face to face businesses where original signatures can be obtained. Our intention is not to make any money from this at all. We are checking our information daily in order to reflect the best possible price for each and every in-stock firearm.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:28 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by red93coupe
http://www.thegunsource.com/store/Co...y=Guns_at_Cost

What exactly is "at cost"?

There has been some criticism as to what our cost actually is by some members of the firearms industry. In the spirit of full disclosure, we’ll let you know how this is calculated. “At cost” is determined by what we have to pay to make the transaction happen. Cost of gun (from an in-stock distributor) + What we get charged to process the credit card transaction = Our true cost. Ecommerce companies are charged a higher credit card transaction fee than face to face businesses where original signatures can be obtained. Our intention is not to make any money from this at all. We are checking our information daily in order to reflect the best possible price for each and every in-stock firearm.

I read it ... but i have new for you ... companys are unethical. ther eis markup SOMEWHERE IN THERE. I can promase you that. It may not be on there end ...but someone is making a buck on this other than the manufacturer
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Lifer

Cost my ass. Don't waste your time.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Time Served

500 for a glock 20 is not bad at all....
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 06:17 PM
Lifer

They dont have anything I want.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:50 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt-4_i_swear
500 for a glock 20 is not bad at all....
Yep, so tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Got Lateral G's??

so if I wanted to buy this... http://www.thegunsource.com/item/429...M16AR15_1.aspx

do I have to do any filings, forms or stamps?

Just want one...because...

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97
so if I wanted to buy this... http://www.thegunsource.com/item/429...M16AR15_1.aspx

do I have to do any filings, forms or stamps?

Just want one...because...
It's a magazine; magazines are not regulated, at least in Texas.

Pay for it and it ships straight to your door.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Lifer

The price of a new Glock from the importer (Smynra, GA) is about $230.

They get over double on them.

I know because a few years ago I was shooting a buddy's Glock .40 cal and it blew up in my hands. I was using UMC ammo, but the factory said that I was using reloads, so I sent them in the rest of the box that I had.

Their response was that there was not enough left of the chamber to tell if I was really using what I said, or reloads as the believed, so I had to eat the cost for a new gun at their cost which was $230.

I'm just lucky to have all of my fingers.

That's why I won't buy or shoot another Glock .40, because they have an unsupported chamber (WTF ever that means....)
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 07:55 PM
PAN

Reason enough for me to never shoot one either. Not that I ever have before, but...
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 09:52 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT

I know because a few years ago I was shooting a buddy's Glock .40 cal and it blew up in my hands. I was using UMC ammo, but the factory said that I was using reloads, so I sent them in the rest of the box that I had.

Their response was that there was not enough left of the chamber to tell if I was really using what I said, or reloads as the believed, so I had to eat the cost for a new gun at their cost which was $230.

That's why I won't buy or shoot another Glock .40, because they have an unsupported chamber (WTF ever that means....)
Did you contact Remington and tell them? I've heard more stories about Glock going out of their way to help their customers than stories like yours; not saying it's not true, just that it's not something I've heard of from them before.

And LOLz, every straight-walled semi-automatic pistol has an unsupported chamber. It means that not all of the case has metal from the chamber around it to keep it from overexpanding and blowing open. A double charge of powder will blow up just about any pistol, by the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
Reason enough for me to never shoot one either. Not that I ever have before, but...
I've had no trouble with mine, or my 10mm Glock, but I only shoot quality ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 12:29 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb-faq.html

check out that link for all the info you might need on glock kabooms (unsported chamber falure)
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
Did you contact Remington and tell them? I've heard more stories about Glock going out of their way to help their customers than stories like yours; not saying it's not true, just that it's not something I've heard of from them before.

And LOLz, every straight-walled semi-automatic pistol has an unsupported chamber. It means that not all of the case has metal from the chamber around it to keep it from overexpanding and blowing open. A double charge of powder will blow up just about any pistol, by the way.I've had no trouble with mine, or my 10mm Glock, but I only shoot quality ammo.

I did not contact Remington, because I felt that Glock would blame the ammo, and Remington would blame Glock. I know my buddy had shot reloads through the gun, so it might just have been a matter of time.

Good luck in the future with your Glock, I hope you can keep all of your fingers....
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift_poser
http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb-faq.html

check out that link for all the info you might need on glock kabooms (unsported chamber falure)

Those Glocks are in better shape than the one I was holding. The entire chamber and part of the barrel was GONE! It warped the top of the slide into a ramp-like shape. It also blew the magazine out of the well and bent the feed lips. There was enough force to expel the projectile out of the barrel as well.

I was just lucky that the gun took the blast and save my hands/face/body. The force went up-down-out instead of back towards me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement