Any Beretta Fans Here???? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Any Beretta Fans Here????

I have a Beretta 92FS Stainless. It is brand new, unfired in original box with all the paperwork. I am not sure what its worth exactly, but I found one on Gunbroker that sold for $900+. That one had black grips and mine has wood grips which I think makes it even more rare. I am thinking about selling it, but don't know what to ask. Here is the gunbroker link..

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=94810360

Here are a few pics....

Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:11 PM
tear'n asphalt in the 68'

First of all... nice gun.

To answer your question it's worth somewhere between $500 and $650 anyone who would pay $900 for a Beretta is smoking some serious shit. Gunbroker, like the Barret Jackson auction is the exception, not the rule. If you take a look over at Gunsamerica you'll get a better idea of what it's worth. If I ran across it at a gun show and was in the market for one I'd probably pay somehwere between 500 and 550 for it; depending on if it had night sights, how good it looked, etc.

I picked up an officers model a few months ago with two extra hi-cap mags and trijicon night sights for under $400, it wasn't a stainless model but then again the price difference can't be that drastic. I'm sure you could get around $600 for it seeing as it has nice grips and appears to be in tip top shape.

Hope that answered your question.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:13 PM
Lifer

Thats a slick gun. I'd hang on to it.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDRed302
First of all... nice gun.

To answer your question it's worth somewhere between $500 and $650 anyone who would pay $900 for a Beretta is smoking some serious shit. Gunbroker, like the Barret Jackson auction is the exception, not the rule. If you take a look over at Gunsamerica you'll get a better idea of what it's worth. If I ran across it at a gun show and was in the market for one I'd probably pay somehwere between 500 and 550 for it; depending on if it had night sights, how good it looked, etc.

I picked up an officers model a few months ago with two extra hi-cap mags and trijicon night sights for under $400, it wasn't a stainless model but then again the price difference can't be that drastic. I'm sure you could get around $600 for it seeing as it has nice grips and appears to be in tip top shape.

Hope that answered your question.
Thanks for all the info! I thought $900 was high, but you never know what some people are willing to pay. It does not have night sights, but does have the hi-cap mags. Here is what I found from the Blue Book...

Official U.S. military variation of 92 Series with a 4.9 inch barrel, chamber loaded indicator, squared off trigger guard to facilitate two-hand shooting, extended magazine base, and 3 dot sights (new 1991). This weighs in at approximately 34 ounces. The gun is similar to Model 92F/92FS, except this is manufactured from stainless steel in a satin finish with plastic grips, 3 dot sights, and initially released to law enforcement agencies only. Add appx $20 for wood grips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD06
Thats a slick gun. I'd hang on to it.
Thanks! I have been trying to decide on selling it or not. I only paid $275 for it! One of my drivers bought it from a customer and ended up pawning it cause he needed money. He let me pay the $275 ticket to get it out of pawn. I may just throw it in the safe and hold on to it.

Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Time Served

Toss it on the Classified's for 1000, someone will pick it up.

93 Black Mustang GT

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

certainly you are not talking about the classifieds here..... Lol!

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Lifer

I think I just shat myself. That thing is Good...

From the pictures that looks like it is in great condition. An Inox with all stainless parts... The guys on the Beretta forum would go nuts for this.

How much has it been fired? Is it Italian or US Made? I think you could get at least $750 and up for that gun, if it is in new or like new condition.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06
I think I just shat myself. That thing is Good...

From the pictures that looks like it is in great condition. An Inox with all stainless parts... The guys on the Beretta forum would go nuts for this.

How much has it been fired? Is it Italian or US Made? I think you could get at least $750 and up for that gun, if it is in new or like new condition.

It was Made in Italy it says on one side. By looking up the seriel number on Beretta website, it was made in 1992. I was told it has never been fired and can't find any evidence that it was fired. It is brand new condition.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Time Served

Blue Book value in 100% condition is $650. Nice pistol!

Wayne in FW
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 07:42 AM
CJ
User may be editing post.

Yeah, I picked up a brand new Beretta 96 for 380 recently, and you can find brand new M9's for around 300-400.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Lifer

M9's are cheap compared to Inox 92's.

I was probably a little optimistic with my first guess, but $650 should be easy to get. I saw a few go for that last week, and yours is much nicer than they were. You just have to find the right buyer. DFWStangs is low-ball hell btw...

Ill give you $300 cash right now for it

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06
M9's are cheap compared to Inox 92's.

I was probably a little optimistic with my first guess, but $650 should be easy to get. I saw a few go for that last week, and yours is much nicer than they were. You just have to find the right buyer. DFWStangs is low-ball hell btw...

Ill give you $300 cash right now for it

I know this. Thats why I haven't listed it up for sale here. I am not needing the money for it, so I will probably just end up keeping it for now. Unless someone gives me an offer I cant refuse. It would have to be a little more than $300 too.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 09:36 PM

92fs

According to the 2008 Gun Digest "Guns&Prices" a 92fs is current production model and in EXC condition 450.00 is the price value.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

very cool!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement