question for the CHL guys - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
que?

question for the CHL guys

can you take your gun into a byob strip club? i know it's a bad idea but can you?

i know about the 51% law but since byob's do not sell alcohol(as far as i know) could you carry inside?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 11:27 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by grove rat
can you take your gun into a byob strip club? i know it's a bad idea but can you?

i know about the 51% law but since byob's do not sell alcohol(as far as i know) could you carry inside?
Nothing is illegal unless you get caught. But ya, I'm sure there is some rule about sexually oriented businesses.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 11:27 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

I saw a sign at The Clubhouse that says no guns or they'll call the cops and have you kicked out or something. I thought, "Eh, that's not the legal sign, but considering there will be a cracked-out whore sitting in my lap and doing 'stuff,' it might be hard to keep it concealed."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
que?

i'm actually at the clubhouse right now i'm here with the gf and some of her gf's. once i was inside that thought just randomly popped into my head

ok...now back to watching the strippas
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
i'm actually at the clubhouse right now i'm here with the gf and some of her gf's. once i was inside that thought just randomly popped into my head

ok...now back to watching the strippas
LMAO Mike. You should be doing something else than posting on DFW Stangs from a strip joint.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 11:59 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Shit, that's almost a bannable offense, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
que?

haha, true true jose...

but there has been like 5 or 6 really shitty 'goth' songs that are annoying as fuck!

they need to play some muthafuckin TOOL!!!!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
haha, true true jose...

but there has been like 5 or 6 really shitty 'goth' songs that are annoying as fuck!

they need to play some muthafuckin TOOL!!!!
I know that's right. Surprised you didn't head out to Rock House like some of the other people on the board. Have a good time man

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
que?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
I know that's right. Surprised you didn't head out to Rock House like some of the other people on the board. Have a good time man
for the past 3 thursdays i have been meaning to make it out there, but something always comes up
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 06:56 AM
Time Served

as far as legalality goes, there is no law ( not 100% sure) saying you can't as long as like you said they don't have a 51%. as far as I know of. Some places, like there, can be dicks and not like having guns and will ask you to leave, and if you want to fight their "kicked out if you have a gun" policy, you can wait for the cops to show up and tell them and see what happens. some cops will actually side with a business. A strip joint is iffy though. but is it worth the hassel? Just have a smaller easy to conceal. i.e. not a 1911.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 09:38 AM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

FTR (IANAL),

Once you are asked to leave/kicked out, that is the same as being given written notice via PC 30.06. If you decide to wait for the cops to get there, the club could decide to have you charged with violating 30.06.

If you are asked to leave, just leave. If you must continue your quest for strippers, go to another club and leave the gun locked in the car.

Oh and there is nothing saying that a strip club is off limits by definition. Most clubs make over 51% of their money from the sale of alcohol, automatically eliminating them for lawful carry. As far as BYOB clubs, nothing says they cannot post a compliant 30.06 sign.

Again, I am not a lawyer...if you want better, more accurate information, you can consult a lawyer that is familiar with Texas CHL law.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Trailer Park Royalty

as it was explained to me...

if there is no legal sign, you should be packin'

03 cobra 450/443--2.93 upper, JLT CAI, o/r x, dumped flows, SRA w/3.73s
94 Z71-dd
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB
FTR (IANAL),

Once you are asked to leave/kicked out, that is the same as being given written notice via PC 30.06. If you decide to wait for the cops to get there, the club could decide to have you charged with violating 30.06.

If you are asked to leave, just leave. If you must continue your quest for strippers, go to another club and leave the gun locked in the car.

Oh and there is nothing saying that a strip club is off limits by definition. Most clubs make over 51% of their money from the sale of alcohol, automatically eliminating them for lawful carry. As far as BYOB clubs, nothing says they cannot post a compliant 30.06 sign.

Again, I am not a lawyer...if you want better, more accurate information, you can consult a lawyer that is familiar with Texas CHL law.
30.06 says:
2.B.b- For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication.

The law doesn't go into any specifics about "oral communication" but specifically states the following:
(3)"Written communication" means:
(A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following "Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed hangun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"; or
then it goes on to explain exactly how the sign must be displayed etc.

So basically the sign they post doesn't mean shit to you. Until a manager or someone of authority asks you to leave, you are fine. The only person that should know you are carrying is you, right? I say do it! You never know when some crazy ex boyfriend of a stripper is going to come in there and light the place up!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 07:20 PM
DFW MUSTANGS . NET

oral communication means they said ANYTHING pertaining to no guns...they do not have to quote 30.06, but simply say "no guns" and that is effective oral notification.

If there is no 30.06 sign or a 51% sign, you should be ok. Concealed means concealed, keep it under wraps and no one will have a reason to give you oral notification.

Click Here for the 2007-08 Texas CHL laws and statutes. This will outline where you can and cannot carry.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Factory Issue

Just try not to light the parking lot up there, Ron Artest.

Give me a dollar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement