Did anyone score anything in FTW this weekend? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Got Lateral G's??

Did anyone score anything in FTW this weekend?

Was headed that way saturday morning but ran into a problem and never made it...

any good deals?

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97
Was headed that way saturday morning but ran into a problem and never made it...

any good deals?
I got a Beretta PX4 Storm NIB... $420 with tax.

You can't even get that on Gunbroker (right now at least)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 09:40 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06

Let me know how it shoots, i've been thinking about picking one of those up when they come out with the carry model.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow06

Wow, I just sold mine for $400 used with about 200 rounds through it.

they shoot pretty nice and overall are great guns...easy to take apart, clean and such. the neat thing is you can use the same magazines if you buy a CX4 carbine...

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 10:43 AM
You never go full retard

Quote:
Wow, I just sold mine for $400 used with about 200 rounds through it.

they shoot pretty nice and overall are great guns...easy to take apart, clean and such. the neat thing is you can use the same magazines if you buy a CX4 carbine...

How's the recoil on them? I've been following them from the day Beretta mentioned designing them. From what I understand they are supposed to be a very low recoil gun.

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land." Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said,"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the Promised Land." Now Obama has stolen your shovel..., taxed your asses, raised the price of camels and mortgaged the Promised Land!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Arbeit Macht Frei

Hell no
I saw 1 AR lower in the entire place, and it was way overpriced.
The Dallas Market hall show is twice the size and has better deals IMO...

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 11:15 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
Let me know how it shoots, i've been thinking about picking one of those up when they come out with the carry model.
I'm going to try to get it out to the range this weekend. I will post up and let you guys know what it's like. I have high expectations.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
-Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

"A Republic, if you can keep it"
- Benjamin Franklin

The way to peaceably remove elected officials who deviate from the constitution of the United States of America...
www.blowoutcongress.com
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMan
How's the recoil on them? I've been following them from the day Beretta mentioned designing them. From what I understand they are supposed to be a very low recoil gun.
Very low and very easy to shoot well. The guy that bought mine last Friday picked up and was hitting the target very well in the first two mags...

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooterWS6
The Dallas Market hall show is twice the size and has better deals IMO...
Never quite understand this comment because they are all the same vendors?! Do they have to up their price for the "High Caliber" shows to pay the entry fee or something?

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei

Quote:
Never quite understand this comment because they are all the same vendors?! Do they have to up their price for the "High Caliber" shows to pay the entry fee or something?
I saw a few of the same vendors, but because the space is smaller it didnt look like they had the same selection as Dallas(or the same booth sizes either)
Honestly the only handguns I was glancing at when I was walking by was XD prices, just to compare, and they were about 20-30 more than what I bought at the Dallas show, BUT, there are always a few vendors charging more for the same items at the same shows with everyone else(I guess alot of people dont look around at all the vendors before buying )

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Time Served

Quote:
more vendors = more competition
more competition = lower prices

Vendors will walk the show find a price $10 lower go back mark theirs down $15 happens all day saturday

Schram and bachman (I think) got into a price war over Glock mags a couple shows back prices got down to $14.00 each for new in the bag mags 9 and 40
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Very low and very easy to shoot well. The guy that bought mine last Friday picked up and was hitting the target very well in the first two mags...
Thanks! It's a very comfortable gun to shoot and doesn't have much recoil. I rented a PX4, Ruger P95, and a CZ 75 a few weeks before I bought aggie's....

I liked the Ruger and the P95 more than the CZ (maybe b/c it was a shop rental). I shot equally well w/ both, but the PX4 was more comfortable. Before I came across the PX4, the Ruger P95 was my first choice. I still want one, but am happy w/ the Beretta. ...also doesn't hurt that it's a great looking gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P
BTW, I hope you cut up her card(s) already. Giving a woman a credit card is like giving a monkey a loaded machine gun. It's just fucking irresponsible.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 10:44 PM
I miss Colorado

my ruger gp100 for $375 plus tax. very slightly used. saw 5 that day, the other cheapest was $425

'79 malibu 4speed.
'74 Datsun 260Z 302chevy/TKO500 swap in progress

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sponsored Links
Advertisement