WTF is with old jerks that work in gun stores? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Factory Issue

WTF is with old jerks that work in gun stores?

I have had the worst customer service lately from the old men that work at the gun stores/counters I frequent. It's gotten to the point that If I see an old man at a gun counter, I won't even go up and ask them for anything. I will just come back later when someone younger is working. Pidgeon Road Sporting Goods down here has become the absolute worst about it, and they have absolutely no reason to shit on people like they do. The owner runs it with his wife and son, who's about 45, and taking on a bit of his old man's attitude btw, and in addition to the gun store, he owns 4 banks around here. What does he have to be so sour about? I think my bad blood with Murle has more to do with me going in with someone he didn't like, kind of like taking the wrong person to Bill's Records and Tapes. Also, I can't get waited on to save my life at Cabelas, so fuck Cabelas as well, even though they have a killer used gun rack. Should I stop buying ammo and accessories locally? Should I just limit my trips to gun stores for when I feel like waving several thousand dollars around over my head, grinning like an idiot, and declaring, "I'm gonna buy my first gun today, how much are they?"

Give me a dollar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 12:05 AM
FIRE!

Funny that you mention that, the pawn shop that I usually look around in has two old guys that run it. One is a complete cock bag bastard, the other is cool as can be.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Lifer

I have been to Pidgeon Road once and have never been back. They were complete assholes to me and my friend. I used to live in Stephenville and would wait till I came to the metroplex and go to Cheaper Than Dirt or Academy.

Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Factory Issue

Yeah, I went in with cash one time and said, "I'd like that Sig P230 .380 in the case." The owner said, "Nah... you want this Walther over here," then, "Scratch that, you need this USP compact over here."

No matter what I want, he's got a better plan. The rub is that they're really good gunsmiths, and don't charge very much at all. I think I had the deccelerator pad put on 2 long guns for $26 each. WAY worth it if I'm feeling lazy.

Give me a dollar.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

i have almost the oppisite here in waco....i went by a local gun shop here last night just to browse when i got off work. The owner of the store is an older biker guy he asked me if i needed help and made sure i was taken care but the guy he sent to help me probably in his 30's was a complete dick about everything. i looked at a bushmaster and the price seemed a little high which you would excpect at a local small shop .....but messing around in a joking voice i said "man u cant cut me a deal on this one" he replied with a no sir and reach to take the gun from me ......so i said well fuck this and left
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Num say'n? (tm)

It is pretty common. I don't know why either. And the crotchety old guys normally have two or three of their old nut-hugging buddies present so they can have an audience.

DFWMustangs.net
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 08:33 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135
It is pretty common. I don't know why either. And the crotchety old guys normally have two or three of their old nut-hugging buddies present so they can have an audience.
hell ya there is an old ass man that sits in a chair right in the middle of the store at our local shop. i guess when he dies they'll just stuff him and leave him in the middle of the store
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Horsepower Extractor

When I get someone who gives me shit at the counter I ask them if they saw me come in here with my pants hanging below my ass and wearing pantyhose on my head. They usually just look at me funny.

Then I say then don't treat me like I did.

Now give me some damn customer service.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Time Served

That was great

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135
Greaat
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Time Served

Anyone ever have the misfortune of walking in to the old Rays Sporting Goods
just south of downtown Dallas? Good Gawd! "We're goin' to lunch now!".

Capt. Quint is my hero

Mama Tried, Mama Tried

Last edited by MACH '69; 12-29-2007 at 02:20 PM.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Time Served

I would always deal with Allen or the old lady at Pidgeon Road. I worked at Bostocks and he is part owner. That old man is a dick
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Factory Issue

Yeah, I've been going in there for years, and spent thousands of dollars, but every time I go in, they jerk me around. Allen used to be super cool, but now he acts like he doesn't have time for customers. I can't wait to move out of this crap-ass town.

Give me a dollar.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 09:30 AM
BP
Keep your unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by spintechstang
Funny that you mention that, the pawn shop that I usually look around in has two old guys that run it. One is a complete cock bag bastard, the other is cool as can be.
At the one I usually go to (Aarons on Camp Bowie West) they have tons of guns but if there are more than 5 people in the store and you aren't Mexican then forget about getting any help. It's worse than going into an Asian market! Atleast there I can whip out my home made health inspector badge and watch them all run and hide.

It's rough being white in America today. Good thing I get paid more, can join country clubs and still get a loan.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 02:47 PM
butt raping a troll @ AMS

i went to bass pro the other day and wanted to look at a pretty high dollar .22 target rifle. the old fucks wouldnt give me the time of day. probably because i wasnt in my 50s and wearing a polo. oh well.

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Time Served

If you ever head a little farther west stop in at DRT in Comanche. They dont have a big selection yet but have a great indoor range and will bend over backwards to help you.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 12:04 AM
FIRE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP
At the one I usually go to (Aarons on Camp Bowie West) they have tons of guns but if there are more than 5 people in the store and you aren't Mexican then forget about getting any help. It's worse than going into an Asian market! Atleast there I can whip out my home made health inspector badge and watch them all run and hide.

It's rough being white in America today. Good thing I get paid more, can join country clubs and still get a loan.

Ha ha, yeah I live in OK and it's the only one around my area that has a decent selection. I avoid the one old guy at all costs, if a minority walked in I wouldn't put it past the one guy to run them out.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 12:32 AM
Time Served

Even on my bday the old woman at gibsons was a f'n stickler

Champainge for my real friends, real pain for my chum friends
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

gun shops

I like to go to Ammo Depot out in Caddo Mills off of 30. The owner is really nice to anybody that walks in. One day he stayed open an hour late because he closes the sometime i close. I was a paying customer and he wanted my business.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Factory Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by spintechstang
Ha ha, yeah I live in OK and it's the only one around my area that has a decent selection. I avoid the one old guy at all costs, if a minority walked in I wouldn't put it past the one guy to run them out.
Damn, I hope you aren't in Lawton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkinlotpimpin
I like to go to Ammo Depot out in Caddo Mills off of 30. The owner is really nice to anybody that walks in. One day he stayed open an hour late because he closes the sometime i close. I was a paying customer and he wanted my business.
I will keep that in mind for sure.

Give me a dollar.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 01:07 AM
FIRE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
Damn, I hope you aren't in Lawton.
Negative, Im a few miles north of Denison.
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkinlotpimpin
Went out there and met Mickey and Colt. They were really nice. My dad was looking for a 22 short rifle and they helped him out quite a bit.

They have a lot of the military surplus there: SKS, Mosin-Nagant, etc. We saw a .30-40 Krag. The Yugo SKS is $225. I think my dad paid 100$ for a Norinco a few years ago.

"Don't taze me, bro."
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Lifer

Short Dicks, nothing more.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Bullet Sponge

I love going to Ammo Depot. I've dropped a lot of cash in there but I only deal with Mickey. He's a great guy who believes in customer service.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
I have had the worst customer service lately from the old men that work at the gun stores/counters I frequent. It's gotten to the point that If I see an old man at a gun counter, I won't even go up and ask them for anything. I will just come back later when someone younger is working. Pidgeon Road Sporting Goods down here has become the absolute worst about it, and they have absolutely no reason to shit on people like they do. The owner runs it with his wife and son, who's about 45, and taking on a bit of his old man's attitude btw, and in addition to the gun store, he owns 4 banks around here. What does he have to be so sour about? I think my bad blood with Murle has more to do with me going in with someone he didn't like, kind of like taking the wrong person to Bill's Records and Tapes. Also, I can't get waited on to save my life at Cabelas, so fuck Cabelas as well, even though they have a killer used gun rack. Should I stop buying ammo and accessories locally? Should I just limit my trips to gun stores for when I feel like waving several thousand dollars around over my head, grinning like an idiot, and declaring, "I'm gonna buy my first gun today, how much are they?"

I was thinking of Pigeon Rd. before I even realized you were in Stephenville. Lived down there for 4 yrs.. That old SOB can be the biggest asshole or he can be your best friend. Funny thing, like you said, you can walk in there ready to buy and he could give less of a shit. I don't know how old you are, but i've heard him use the term young punks, referring to anyone under 40. His wife and Allen used to be decent. I just took my business to Star Arms, and payed alot more for customer service.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Lifer

It seems like alot of the small gun store have cranky old men working behind the counter. There is a gun store back home called Between the Walls, but most refer to it as Between the Cheeks, cause they are a bunch of asshole.

10 F-150 Raptor
06 Corvette Z51
01 GT

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Lifer

The Pigeon Road people are jerks. I went in there with a buddy of mine a couple of years ago, and he was ready to by a .22. They pretty much blew us off. We'd been dove hunting all morning and we were still wearning camo shirts and they looked at us like we were nuts.

Speaking of Stephenville, you guys eat at Fiddle Creek yet?
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Factory Issue

I don't particularly like that place, but I think I just had a bad experience. I really do like the Bull Nettle, though.

Give me a dollar.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 10:30 AM
que?

yea most old guys i have dealt with are assholes...but some are cool
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 12:34 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

I went to the pawn shop with my brother (18 years old) because he was looking for a shotgun. He asked if "we" (for whatever reason) could put it on layaway, and the old guy almost had a heart attack. "WE," he says, "can't do anything, but YOU can. That's a good way to wind up in the federal penitentiary." Jackass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement