Pics of your carry weapon/holster - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Is it cold in here?

Pics of your carry weapon/holster

Just curious to see how everyone carries!

Mine: Sig P229 with CTC grips and Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster

[email protected] on some 275 60's!
http://media.putfile.com/Neely-tulsa-final-round001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:43 AM
butt raping a troll @ AMS

i cant find the memory card for my camera. but its a comp tac ghurka w/ an hk usp compact 9mm in it.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei

XD9SC in a Comptac Minotaur...

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Packin' up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankustang
Just curious to see how everyone carries!

Mine: Sig P229 with CTC grips and Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster
And that goes on the outside of your belt?
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 08:47 AM
Lifer

I carry a couple of guns in different rigs, depending on what I am wearing.

First is my Colt 1911 Officers in a Concealco IWB. This holster worn on my hip really conceals the gun well. I can wear shorter T-shirts with no problem. It is not super comfortable, but not bad either.

Next is my Kimber Eclipse Pro II in a Brommeland holster. This holster is much more comfortable than the Concealco, but it is an OWB holster and the gun is a little bigger so I have to make sure that I am wearing a longer shirt.

I also have a Galco holster that was actually for a Sig, but it holds both my 1911s pretty well. It is the most comfortable holster by far, but it doesn't not conceal as well as the other two. If my shirt rises with the Brommeland you might see some of the holster, but it looks like a cell phone or something. With this one the barrel is the first thing that you see, so you can't let your shirt ride up. Also, this one does not hug the body as well as the others do, so the bulge on the side is more noticeable. But I can wear this holster all day long, everyday, in or out of the car without any discomfort at all.

I also made a planner holster for when I'm wearing workout clothes or no belt. I posted it in a different thread. In addition, I have a holster that I stuff between the center console and driver's seat for long trips.

You can drop a lot of money finding the right holster. I was just lucky enough that a friend gave me the two more expensive holsters. and the Concealco was only $60ish. It also only took 3 weeks to make and ship.

2001 Mustang Bullitt GT #5111 367.6rwhp/378.4rwtq
2004 Black Lightning #789 STOCK: 363.1rwhp/444.8rwtq
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Banned

Dang 3111, you have it figured out!
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Time Served

Champainge for my real friends, real pain for my chum friends
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 01:33 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Shirt pulled up a bit to show the clip. Looks like a pocket knife to me!

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 08:19 PM

Thumbs up carry rosco

i carry adifferent each day,look
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gok2.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	81532  

Last edited by rocketmonty; 12-18-2007 at 06:58 AM.
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Fear the lawn gnome

Kimber ultra carry 2 in a southern holster. Its a comfy iwb but now where near as comfy as my crossbreed supertuck with my xd. If the xd was just a little slimmer id carry it more.

What you might call solitude is something i look forward to.
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 09:20 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketmonty
i carry adifferent each day,look

LOL. Hey, new guy, edit that shit. You're gonna get banned.

But... nice pic. I'll even look past their bad trigger discipline.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 09:27 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked71Bowtie
But... nice pic. I'll even look past their bad trigger discipline.
I couldn't get past their titties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 09:23 AM
Extreme Clean!

This is my newest carry. I am/was a Glock and S&W fan, but after shooting this weapon I'm hooked. It is a Tanfoglio Witness 10mm. Hard to beat 15 rounds of 10mm.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG00055.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	81596   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00056.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	81597  

post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 10:23 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain
This is my newest carry. I am/was a Glock and S&W fan, but after shooting this weapon I'm hooked. It is a Tanfoglio Witness 10mm. Hard to beat 15 rounds of 10mm.
Hellz yeah! I've got a Witness Compact 10mm in Wonder Finish. It was my carry weapon until I got the Glock; it's just a little bit smaller and lighter and easier to conceal than the Witness. I've got a cheap Uncle Mike's Sidekick (inside the pants), Size 15, for them both. It does a good job.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Glock 29.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	81611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Glock Holster.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	81612   Click image for larger version

Name:	Witness.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	81613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Witness + G29.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	81614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Witness Holster.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	81615  

Quote:
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Extreme Clean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
I've got a Witness Compact 10mm
I hate you! LOL That is what I really wanted but couldn't pass up the smoking deal I got on this one. Nice pair you have there

post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 10:31 AM
#4 Best QB Ever

If it's the one that I saw in the classifieds (right after you posted), I'd say you did. I'm looking for a full-size, also, but I'm going to wait around until I find one with the Wonder Finish.

Quote:
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Extreme Clean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
If it's the one that I saw in the classifieds (right after you posted), I'd say you did. I'm looking for a full-size, also, but I'm going to wait around until I find one with the Wonder Finish.
Yep got a good deal out of the classifieds, on this site no less

post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Rolling with the homies

Here are a couple of pics of my Comp-Tac C.T.A.C. Kydex Holster and my Glock 27. I prefer Kydex holsters because they give me a slick (fast) presentation when drawing the gun and they don't collapse when I go to re-holster.

Stock photo from Comp-Tac's website

I've got 4 holsters from Comp-Tac and have owned 6 or so. Awesome company and they really take care of you. I broke off a clip on my Ghurka holster and I called them up to see if they could repair it and how much it would be and they asked me for my address and mailed me a new one and asked me to mail the broke one back... no charge. Can't beat that for customer service and I'm a customer for life.

The C.T.A.C is my favorite concealment holster right now. I had a Ghurka but the placement of one of the clips made it "thicker". The C.T.A.C. is about as slim as my Shirt Tucker holster but adds a front clip to stabilize it. The Shirt Tucker I would only use on pants or shorts that are tight. I tend to by my pants a size bigger to accommodate carrying concealed.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
1995 Mustang GT Convertible
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Hustlin'

Anyone have an XD sub-compact? I was considering a .40 in one of those for carry.

I like the belt-clip (like a pocket knife) but am concerned about draw speed. Any comments for those that have carried a compact w/ that type of clip?

I think if at the top of the clip there were a tab or slightly roughed pad, that would help with quickly grasping the pistol with some assurance.

--Scott

"Jesus has my heart, but Whiskey has my liver" --Jason Boland
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 09:16 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Can some more of you post pics of the gun/holster actually on the body?

Maybe a shot of it in place, but visible, so we can see how it's situated, and then another shot with it actually concealed?

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 09:19 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil jose
Here are a couple of pics of my Comp-Tac C.T.A.C. Kydex Holster and my Glock 27.
do you find it uncomfortable at all? I'm looking at this or the minotaur and I'm leaning toward the CTAC because it would be a little thinner but worry it might be uncomfortable.
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Arbeit Macht Frei

Quote:
Can some more of you post pics of the gun/holster actually on the body?

Maybe a shot of it in place, but visible, so we can see how it's situated, and then another shot with it actually concealed?
Ill try to snap a pic tomorrow of my XDSC/MTAC, for me it fits great in about the 3:30-4 O'clock position, canted foward slightly....
I can still conceal my XD40 Service pretty well, but need a baggier shirt to conceal the longer grip...

"Wealth Dies, Kinsman Die, A man himself must likewise die; But word-fame, Never dies, For him who achieves it well"
-Hávamál-

post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty
do you find it uncomfortable at all? I'm looking at this or the minotaur and I'm leaning toward the CTAC because it would be a little thinner but worry it might be uncomfortable.
I've been wearing it for the past 11 hours if that means anything I tend to keep a gun handy all the time living in my neighborhood and I carry it in a variety of different holsters (or packs). For concealed carry the C.T.A.C. is the only one I use. I rolled out of the house around Noon and never took off the gun. If you carry a subcompact Glock feel free to hit me up to try it on.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Moved to dfw mustangs.net

p229 with a st of Hogue grips.
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 08:16 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Here are a couple of pics of my Comp-Tac C.T.A.C. Kydex Holster and my Glock 27. I prefer Kydex holsters because they give me a slick (fast) presentation when drawing the gun and they don't collapse when I go to re-holster.

I quoted this to show a point. I'm not picking on you Jose, its just that this is the common thought process, and people need to be aware of a few points.

1. You don't need a "fast presentation" when you are aware of your surroundings. You should be able to see a situation unfold and be prepared. You should never be caught off guard, that's when you are most vulnerable.

2. Don't reholster quickly. Don't be in a hurry to seal her back up. If you brought it out in the open, there's probably a pretty good damn reason. You might never know if the bad guy has back up, and then you could get caught trying to get it back out.

Just a few thoughts, like I said, it was a good opporotunity to bright this to light.
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 08:37 AM
The token Asian guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT
I quoted this to show a point. I'm not picking on you Jose, its just that this is the common thought process, and people need to be aware of a few points.

1. You don't need a "fast presentation" when you are aware of your surroundings. You should be able to see a situation unfold and be prepared. You should never be caught off guard, that's when you are most vulnerable.

2. Don't reholster quickly. Don't be in a hurry to seal her back up. If you brought it out in the open, there's probably a pretty good damn reason. You might never know if the bad guy has back up, and then you could get caught trying to get it back out.

Just a few thoughts, like I said, it was a good opporotunity to bright this to light.
Not picking on you either but I prefer Kydex because it is a smooth slick draw even at weird angles. I had a nice tight snug perfect fit leather holster before and if you don't draw it perfectly straight out, it is really tight. It would suck to draw your gun and aim only to find the holster is still attached. I use my carry rig for IDPA and you quickly find out which holster works and which doesn't.

post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 08:45 AM
The token Asian guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ
Anyone have an XD sub-compact? I was considering a .40 in one of those for carry.

I like the belt-clip (like a pocket knife) but am concerned about draw speed. Any comments for those that have carried a compact w/ that type of clip?

I think if at the top of the clip there were a tab or slightly roughed pad, that would help with quickly grasping the pistol with some assurance.

--Scott
XD40 subcompact
- with a reduced Pearce Grip Extension. I only needed half its length.
- in a modified Crossbreed Supertuck. I trimmed off excess to fit me.

post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Mr. Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by propellerhead
XD40 subcompact
- with a reduced Pearce Grip Extension. I only needed half its length.

doyou have any pics of it on your body? i think this is the holster im gonna order, just wandered how it looked being worn.

1998 Expedition 4x4 Eddie Bauer
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 10:44 AM
Rolling with the homies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT

My "rebuttal".

1. Fast presentation to me is not necessarily a "quick" draw. What I like about the Kydex is that it locks the gun in without using a strap or other retention method. Thus, it's fast for me to "draw" the gun without having to undo a flap. Yes, I try to stay aware of my surroundings but any edge I can get I'll take. Yet another reason why I like my Glock over most semi auto's because I don't have to flip the safety off.

2. Again maybe I misspoke. I won't necessarily reholster quickly but on most nylon and leather holsters they collapse once the gun is removed unless they have a metal band around the opening. That's the beauty of Kydex, it retains it's shape, it's light and thin, and impervious to sweat unlike a leather holster and to some degree the nylon.

No offense was taken 03trubluGT. Just wanted to correct myself and educate others to what I feel is an advantage of Kydex holsters.

2008 Lincoln MKZ
2002 F-150 SuperCrew

1995 Ford Taurus SHO
2003 Yamaha R6

post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 11:13 AM
The token Asian guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by runin90lx
doyou have any pics of it on your body? i think this is the holster im gonna order, just wandered how it looked being worn.
Pretty uneventful pics.

Another thing I like about it is it is customizable. I had no issues trimming the leather or shortening the plastic clip. It's only a $60 rig so if I screw it up, no big deal. I can't see taking a razor blade to those $100+ Milt Sparks VM-IIs. Heck, you can't even adjust the carry angle on those expensive leather ones. This one has 16 different carry angles and if that's not enough, poke another hole in the leather backing and move the clip where you want it.

post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Not picking on you either but I prefer Kydex because it is a smooth slick draw even at weird angles. I had a nice tight snug perfect fit leather holster before and if you don't draw it perfectly straight out, it is really tight. It would suck to draw your gun and aim only to find the holster is still attached. I use my carry rig for IDPA and you quickly find out which holster works and which doesn't.

That's fine. I said nothing about the pistol retaining the holster. If you are aware of your situation going bad, you should have plenty of time to make sure that doesn't happen.

You should also be able to come out of and go back into the holster without looking. Taking your eyes off the bad guy can mean the difference in going home or getting a ride to the coroner's office...
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Lifer

Quote:
My "rebuttal".

1. Fast presentation to me is not necessarily a "quick" draw. What I like about the Kydex is that it locks the gun in without using a strap or other retention method. Thus, it's fast for me to "draw" the gun without having to undo a flap. Yes, I try to stay aware of my surroundings but any edge I can get I'll take. Yet another reason why I like my Glock over most semi auto's because I don't have to flip the safety off.

2. Again maybe I misspoke. I won't necessarily reholster quickly but on most nylon and leather holsters they collapse once the gun is removed unless they have a metal band around the opening. That's the beauty of Kydex, it retains it's shape, it's light and thin, and impervious to sweat unlike a leather holster and to some degree the nylon.

No offense was taken 03trubluGT. Just wanted to correct myself and educate others to what I feel is an advantage of Kydex holsters.
No problem whatsoever. I just took the opporotunity to make a point, hopefully not at your expense.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 01:17 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
edit: N/m. Answered my own question by going to their site.

Audentes Fortuna Juvat

Last edited by Stroked71Bowtie; 12-31-2007 at 01:24 PM.
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 01:27 PM
The token Asian guy

Quote:
Are these gun specific?

I doubt its going to happen, but I'd like to find one comfortable rig that I could carry either a full size 1911 or a 4" CZ in.
They make them for different pistols.

I insulated my garage door a few days ago and I never unholstered. I was in my garage working the whole time. I think what helps is the large leather backing piece. It spreads the pressure against your body. The two clips also keeps the thing in place so you're not constantly adjusting it.

post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 01:35 PM
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
They make them for different pistols.

I insulated my garage door a few days ago and I never unholstered. I was in my garage working the whole time. I think what helps is the large leather backing piece. It spreads the pressure against your body. The two clips also keeps the thing in place so you're not constantly adjusting it.

How does the leather feel on days when you might not wear an undershirt?

Did you buy online or locally?

Audentes Fortuna Juvat
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 01:53 PM
The token Asian guy

The leather doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I only tucked my undershirt in for that picture.

I bought mine online, technically speaking. Someone on XDTalk was selling it. It ended up maybe $10-15 cheaper than buying direct from Crossbreed. That also made it easier for me to cut it up. I would still recommend buying from Crossbreed.

post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Mr. Instigator

you seem to be pretty close to the same size as i am...so the crossbreed should work fine with me....guess i'll order me one her shortly

1998 Expedition 4x4 Eddie Bauer
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 05:06 PM
too many projects!

Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Quote:

Locked and loaded I see This is the same gun I carry with a cheezy uncle mikes right now. Looking to try something different.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX21
Locked and loaded I see This is the same gun I carry with a cheezy uncle mikes right now. Looking to try something different.

there is no safety on the xd .... its not locked in my opinion. but there is no other way to carry it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement