Where to buy a gun? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Where to buy a gun?

I was curious as to where you guys bought your guns?? Its getting close to christmas and i want to have my family get me some giftcards to somewhere...so that i can use them to buy a handgun in 1 month when i turn 21. The only place i can think of is Cabelas (sp) but that place is expensive as shit...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 08:41 PM
mannish boy

at a gun show... tell them to give you cash
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Time Served

academy will be one of the cheapest on the main stream pistols.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Keep jocking

I have guns for sale at my J-O-B. S&W are running a pretty sweet deal on their MP Series pistols. Buy a MP pistol and they give you a $50 rebate and send you 2 magazines! I have these guns NEW for $449

http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...357-03425-7331
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Time Served

and cabellas has a deal to knock of 20 more dollars on the M&P
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Lifer

I've been looking too.... Sportingarms.com and Sportsmans Warehouse are both over in Lewisville by Vista Ridge mall. Otherwise Academy seems to be the most decently priced, as mentioned above.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Time Served

if you buy one of academys high volume guns your gonna struggle to beat the price. If you want to touch every pistol ever made in every caliber and barrel length then go to Sportsmans warehouse but their prices are still pretty competitive.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

I know cabelas isnt the cheapest but they have a good selection and i need to be able to try a few guns out in my hands. I really dont have time to go to gun shows + i cant really ask for cash from relatives.Im looking to spend $400-700 and cabelas has some nice choices. Any suggestions? this is going to be my first gun and mostly a learning/range gun.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Saved

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtsupremecy
I know cabelas isnt the cheapest but they have a good selection and i need to be able to try a few guns out in my hands. I really dont have time to go to gun shows + i cant really ask for cash from relatives.Im looking to spend $400-700 and cabelas has some nice choices. Any suggestions? this is going to be my first gun and mostly a learning/range gun.
Well, what sized hands do you have? You want a reliable weapon, comfortable to shoot, and economical to get ammo and upgrades for. So, with that in mind, if you wear small mens gloves, don't go buying a Desert Eagle in 50 AE,if you have big assed dickskinners that scare girls, I wouldn't buy a small 380 or 32 auto. I'd say a good starting weapon for ANYBODY is gonna be a 9mm or my favorite, the 1911 based 45 acp. I like the a lot of the Paraordnance choices. I recently got a Para Big Hawg, 14+1 capacity in 45, nice adjustable sites,it already has a lot of the tweaks, stippled front strap, competition bushing, polished feed ramp, radiused ejection port, and the same sized frame as the 1911, and the balance to me is perfect. Gives me a little more confidence knowing that I'm packing 43 rounds ready to rumble in my glovebox and I don't care what anyone says, the 45 is the standard of accuracy, reliability, and anyone hit center mass with a 230 grain JHP is gonna know he's been hit. especially once you master the Mozambique.
They carry them at Academy for 629.00 plus tax. 45 ammo is fairly reasonable when you compare it to the "hot" rounds, 40, 357 sig, any of the magnums.

"Conform to his image" Romans 8:29
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 07:41 PM
mannish boy

Quote:
cash is the best present you can give/receive... your relatives obviously hate you
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Punk Ass Newbie

Cabelas has a .45 Para ordnance thats kinda peaked my interest...but like you said, i think im going to start myself out with a 9mm...looks like maybe a Glock,Sig or Springfield XD, but we will see what fits in my hands.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Cabelas has a .45 Para ordnance thats kinda peaked my interest...but like you said, i think im going to start myself out with a 9mm...looks like maybe a Glock,Sig or Springfield XD, but we will see what fits in my hands.
I love my XD...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Time Served

I like my Beretta PX4 Storm it has less recoil then my dads Glock 23. .40cal holds 14+1. paid $550
Sponsored Links
Advertisement