Winchester Model 94 - How much? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Winchester Model 94 - How much?

I inherited a Winchester model 94 32-40 John Wayne Commemorative rifle and I was wondering how much it is worth. I have heard from friends it may be worth $1000 to $1200. It is in mint condition, probably never fired, and it has the decorative box, paperwork, and the tag is still on the rifle. I tried to look at a few sites for antique guns, but this gun is probably not an antique, maybe 1980's or so.

Any experts out there that can help? I may try and sell it since I am not a collector.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Saved

Call Murle at Murle's gun shop in Granbury.

"Conform to his image" Romans 8:29
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Time Served

bids for the commemorative were in the 500 dollar level but prices look to be in the 1000 region

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Factory Issue

The problem with Winchester Commemoratives & factoy collector pieces in general is they made too damn many of them. Everyone and their dog bought a 94 Ranger centennial when they came out. I had one, and that in fact was all they had at Oshman's that day. They made too dman many for them to be real collectors items. In fact, I would venture to guess there are fewer AK's in the US than Winchester Model 94's.

Give me a dollar.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 Notch
I inherited a Winchester model 94 32-40 John Wayne Commemorative rifle and I was wondering how much it is worth. I have heard from friends it may be worth $1000 to $1200. It is in mint condition, probably never fired, and it has the decorative box, paperwork, and the tag is still on the rifle. I tried to look at a few sites for antique guns, but this gun is probably not an antique, maybe 1980's or so.

Any experts out there that can help? I may try and sell it since I am not a collector.
Last year's Gun Traders Bible shows it to be $1261 New in box, $1015 used excellent and $705 used average. This was printed BEFORE the Connecticut plant closed this past spring and all 94's have gone up in price since no more will be made....That model was introduced in 1981.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Excellent responses everyone, thanks.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Meeeeooowww

Who handed it down to you?

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLAN
Who handed it down to you?

My father-in-law, so technically my wife inherited it.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Saved

The John Wayne 94 is one of the more collectable Winchesters made..... Keep it, I haven't seen an unfired one sell for less than $1300, in the bos with the issue ammo, it can only go up... Murle is the man in North Texas on anything Winchester.... give him a call. (817)573-9762.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Stallion
The John Wayne 94 is one of the more collectable Winchesters made..... Keep it, I haven't seen an unfired one sell for less than $1300, in the bos with the issue ammo, it can only go up... Murle is the man in North Texas on anything Winchester.... give him a call. (817)573-9762.
Great info, I am pretty sure it is unfired. I will call him and probably pay him a visit with said gun.

Thanks!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Lifer

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Dan
Excellent finds. My ignorance/lack of patience at the internet prevented me from finding any others lke it. I have had it for about 5 years, it is just sitting in my closet, and now my wife has decided to sell it for our trip to Disneyworld. Like I said, I am no gun collector, hopefully a collector will enjoy it if I find a buyer.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 03:50 AM
Factory Issue

I forgot to mention Pidgeon Road gun shop down here(Stephenville). The owner is a Winchester NUT. He has a model 70 in every cartridge ever to come out of Connecticut. He's also a DICK, but he know's the W's.

Give me a dollar.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Saved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
I forgot to mention Pidgeon Road gun shop down here(Stephenville). The owner is a Winchester NUT. He has a model 70 in every cartridge ever to come out of Connecticut. He's also a DICK, but he know's the W's.
You are right, he is an arrogant ASS, and I would drive 50 miles to get service at a chain store instead of giving him one fucking penny of my Money, Murle's is less than 30 miles up 377 and he is THE authority on Winchester lever guns.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 07:15 PM

my dad has 5 new in the boxes. i think he was a john wayne freak.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjack
my dad has 5 new in the boxes. i think he was a john wayne freak.
Does he want a 6th? LOL

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement