Do we have any Class III dealers on the forum? Recommendations? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
CJ
User may be editing post.

Do we have any Class III dealers on the forum? Recommendations?

Soon I plan on purchasing my first full auto. I wanted to know if we have any Class III dealers on the forum, or any owners that have some suggestions or tips for me. Any input would be great. I'm looking at a G36K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 12:22 AM
Lifer

I dont know of any dealers on the board, but I do know you will not be buying a G36.

When you find something you can buy, I can send you the reight way.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_Ole_Red
I dont know of any dealers on the board, but I do know you will not be buying a G36.

When you find something you can buy, I can send you the reight way.
I'm not sure where you're going with this, but does it have something to do with SL8 to G36 conversions or something?

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:01 AM
Lifer

A G36 is a post sample machine gun. Only availible to LEOs or dealers with LEO demo letters. Not transferable/availible to the general public.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
CJ

Quote:
A G36 is a post sample machine gun. Only availible to LEOs or dealers with LEO demo letters. Not transferable/availible to the general public.
oh yeah, because of that damn 1986 and newer firearm law. What bullshit... What is happening to this country when an honest man can't own his own fully automatic german assault rifle. For the time being I guess I better focus on my other necessity - an M14, and then I better finish up that class 3 FFL/SOT with the LE demo letter, so I can place my order for a G36. More paperwork.

Last edited by CJ; 11-27-2007 at 01:12 AM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:23 AM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ
Soon I plan on purchasing my first full auto. I wanted to know if we have any Class III dealers on the forum, or any owners that have some suggestions or tips for me. Any input would be great. I'm looking at a G36K.

look for something that was made before 1986
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
oh yeah, because of that damn 1986 and newer firearm law. What bullshit... What is happening to this country when an honest man can't own his own fully automatic german assault rifle. For the time being I guess I better focus on my other necessity - an M14, and then I better finish up that class 3 FFL/SOT with the LE demo letter, so I can place my order for a G36. More paperwork.
m14s are pretty sweet dude, albeit full auto will have you pointing that sum bitch toward the sky after a fews shots
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I think it's a dumb law, but I dont make them.

Just look for something made before 1986 and transferrable. A conversion M1A is anywhere from $10k-$13k, a real M14 will usually be in the $15k-$18k range. But talk about some terrible guns to experience some fll auto enjoyment.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think it's a dumb law, but I dont make them.

Just look for something made before 1986 and transferrable. A conversion M1A is anywhere from $10k-$13k, a real M14 will usually be in the $15k-$18k range. But talk about some terrible guns to experience some fll auto enjoyment.
What do you think about the MP5? Ever shot one? Any fun?

Im still not sure what my first NFA purchase will be, but it seems like a full auto 9mm would be cheap to shoot and have a high fun factor. Ive also had good experiences with H&K products.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR
What do you think about the MP5? Ever shot one? Any fun?

Im still not sure what my first NFA purchase will be, but it seems like a full auto 9mm would be cheap to shoot and have a high fun factor. Ive also had good experiences with H&K products.
MP5s are fun, have a bunch of friends with them. The only problem with them is they have a cool factor to them, so they're always expensive. I may actually look into buying an MP5 later next year just to have some modern sub gun.

My $.02, the only way to go with any HK item on the market is buying registered 3 caliber sears. There's virually no real HK guns transferrable to civilians. They're all conversion guns by registered receivers, trigger packs, or sears. With a 3 caliber sear, you can build an MP5, HK21, G3, HK53, etc etc. So it makes for better use of your money if you get bored with something or want to change something up.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
MP5s are fun, have a bunch of friends with them. The only problem with them is they have a cool factor to them, so they're always expensive. I may actually look into buying an MP5 later next year just to have some modern sub gun.

My $.02, the only way to go with any HK item on the market is buying registered 3 caliber sears. There's virually no real HK guns transferrable to civilians. They're all conversion guns by registered receivers, trigger packs, or sears. With a 3 caliber sear, you can build an MP5, HK21, G3, HK53, etc etc. So it makes for better use of your money if you get bored with something or want to change something up.
Sounds neat. How much do H&K sears go for nowadays? Ive got 2 H&K 93's in the safe, one of which has never been shot. Would make a hell of a conversion piece.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Old Fart

What about a DS Arms Cetme or HK derivative?

Aren't they full auto?

"Don't taze me, bro."
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Sounds neat. How much do H&K sears go for nowadays? Ive got 2 H&K 93's in the safe, one of which has never been shot. Would make a hell of a conversion piece.
$13k-$15k depending on the type of sear, who made it, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT98SVO
What about a DS Arms Cetme or HK derivative?

Aren't they full auto?
Nope
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Lifer

mm HK91
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
CJ

Quote:
$13k-$15k depending on the type of sear, who made it, etc.

Nope
It's the price you pay.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Lifer

Quote:
It's the price you pay.
I know it.

Ive spent plenty in machine guns and other NFA stuff this year.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
I know it.

Ive spent plenty in machine guns and other NFA stuff this year.
God damn red, how is someone a few years older than I paying for machine guns and college at the same time

Higher education is taking a hell of a toll on my wallet. Cant work either as I am a full time student . Whats your secret!?
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Lifer

Quote:
God damn red, how is someone a few years older than I paying for machine guns and college at the same time

Higher education is taking a hell of a toll on my wallet. Cant work either as I am a full time student . Whats your secret!?
My school is paid for and since I work for my dads office, since the scheduling is easier around school work, my cell phone is through the office along with insurance and occasionally fuel costs.

So whatever I make during the week I just save. Plus, I took advantage of a released trust from grandparents before I put it all into serious investing.

I figure Im young, may as well have some fun.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
My school is paid for and since I work for my dads office, since the scheduling is easier around school work, my cell phone is through the office along with insurance and occasionally fuel costs.

So whatever I make during the week I just save. Plus, I took advantage of a released trust from grandparents before I put it all into serious investing.

Right on man. I also think NFA guns are solid investments. They seem to increase a sturdy 5-7% a year, and you can have fun with them.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Right on man. I also think NFA guns are solid investments. They seem to increase a sturdy 5-7% a year, and you can have fun with them.
Way I see it, I'll always get that money back if I need to sell. PLus I bought on a buyers market not a sellers, so Im already ahead.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 07:47 PM
I Я Invizabul

Quote:

Is your dad hiring? lmao
Sponsored Links
Advertisement