If you love me, you'd buy me this. - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Old Fart
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Forney, TX, USA
Posts: 1,359
If you love me, you'd buy me this.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=88&t=484026

"Don't taze me, bro."
GT98SVO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 05:54 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
I would love one of those.

10mm Auto is the greatest defense cartridge ever conceived for an automatic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 08:43 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
I would love one of those.

10mm Auto is the greatest defense cartridge ever conceived for an automatic.

Seriously? Elucidate me? I have been liking my .40.
Fox466 is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: hurst
Posts: 335
dude 10mm is seriously sick. that round is amaxing ballistics wise. 40 cal round with 45 type powder. it is really similiar to a 400 cor-bon that i use. this round does let you know that you fired it on both ends of the gun. i fired 8 rounds of 400 cor-bon and for 2 days, my ears sounded and felt like i was underwater, NO BS. 10mm and 400 cor-bon are one of the main rounds recomended for self defense in bear country. glock also makes a nice 10mm it is the glock 20. 10mm is high dollar per box but very nice to have incase you need it. just think like almost double muzzle velocity from a 45 and hauling ass damn near double speed as well. thats with nice ammo too. quite a bit hotter than .45 acp +P ammo too. recommended that you use bushing, i forgt the names off the top of my head, to reduce the impact to your weapons frame. fbi used to issue 10mm but they dropped them due to the high recoil and the "limp wristedness" of its agents when i buy another handgun it will be 10mm hands down. ohh btw i know what im talking about. (knowing guns, and spelling are two diff things )

00 Excursion PSD tuned and bolt-ons (very quick for 5ton truck )
03 Toyota Prius "MarioKart"
97ssconvertible is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm Yer Huckleberry
 
FastFord19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Lake Dallas
Posts: 3,773
shit's weak

2008 GMC Sierra 1500
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2009 HD Street Glide
FastFord19 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 03:33 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
Seriously? Elucidate me? I have been liking my .40.
Where do you think your .40 S&W came from? The normal 10mm factory load is a weak round. Double Tap makes full power 10mm loads. They are substantially hotter than say Winchester or Remington. 10mm is close to .41 Mag power levels.
98BlownSS is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Adrift at Sea
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
I would love one of those.

10mm Auto is the greatest defense cartridge ever conceived for an automatic.
Look at the findings by Evan Marshall and Ed Sanow.

Capt. Quint is my hero

Mama Tried, Mama Tried
MACH '69 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Factory Issue
 
Yale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Shippensburg, PA
Posts: 12,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97ssconvertible
dude 10mm is seriously sick. that round is amaxing ballistics wise. 40 cal round with 45 type powder. it is really similiar to a 400 cor-bon that i use. this round does let you know that you fired it on both ends of the gun. i fired 8 rounds of 400 cor-bon and for 2 days, my ears sounded and felt like i was underwater, NO BS. 10mm and 400 cor-bon are one of the main rounds recomended for self defense in bear country. glock also makes a nice 10mm it is the glock 20. 10mm is high dollar per box but very nice to have incase you need it. just think like almost double muzzle velocity from a 45 and hauling ass damn near double speed as well. thats with nice ammo too. quite a bit hotter than .45 acp +P ammo too. recommended that you use bushing, i forgt the names off the top of my head, to reduce the impact to your weapons frame. fbi used to issue 10mm but they dropped them due to the high recoil and the "limp wristedness" of its agents when i buy another handgun it will be 10mm hands down. ohh btw i know what im talking about. (knowing guns, and spelling are two diff things )
They issued the 10mm to their HRT (Hostage Recovery Team), aka SWAT ninjas, not their rank and file field agents. They had 9mm's, and now .40 USP's, and neither of those are bad rounds. The HRT was experiencing longevity problems, and instead chose to go with a single-stack 80 series 1911 package from Springfield. Go SWAT ninjas!

Give me a dollar.
Yale is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 06:14 PM
#4 Best QB Ever
 
That_Is_My_El_Camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of the Free
Posts: 29,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH '69
Look at the findings by Evan Marshall and Ed Sanow.
Link?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
That_Is_My_El_Camino is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hurst
Posts: 288
10mm

The 10MM is a great round but it is a round that seems to require a big frame. A whole lot of folks who need to carry just do not find the big frame natural or confidence inspiring. It's the same sob story the 1911 and other .45s have had to endure over the years.

Since so many police forces have to find a nice happy medium in order to accomodate fat, stubby and feminine hands as well as man hands, they compromose on the .40 or 357SIG.

In the end, effectiveness is only marginally at issue with 99% of these rounds from 9MM all the way to the big-bad 10. Hollow point rounds placed correctly are devistating every time. The want we all have is for a pistol to act like a 12 Gauge! And as much as I personally love the .45, it's just not a shotgun now is it?

Alright people, pay attention:
"To Many " is an address like in a toast or tribute while "Too Many " is an implication of excess.



I think I am the only non-fox guy out here!
To Many Mustangs is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Adrift at Sea
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino
Link?
Sorry, forgot about this thread. Here's one on Evan.

http://www.stoppingpower.net/

Capt. Quint is my hero

Mama Tried, Mama Tried
MACH '69 is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 05:41 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 299
power

You want a lot of power in a pistol and not a very big rd 357 sig hands down. Penetration is unbelivable
sanddragger28 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome