Saiga AK based semi auto shotguns...? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Got Lateral G's??

Saiga AK based semi auto shotguns...?

Anyone have any input on them? Was looking at them on Gunbroker yesterday found a couple of the 12ga models and 10 round mags... Was thinking of selling my never fired Benelli and getting one of the Saigas... You couldn't go bird hunting with it but clay shooting and home defense could be fun with 10rnds!!!

Thanks!

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 07:54 AM

Check out Tromix out of OK for sick full auto Siaga 12's.
http://www.tromix.com/Welcome.htm
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97
Anyone have any input on them? Was looking at them on Gunbroker yesterday found a couple of the 12ga models and 10 round mags... Was thinking of selling my never fired Benelli and getting one of the Saigas... You couldn't go bird hunting with it but clay shooting and home defense could be fun with 10rnds!!!

Thanks!
I personally would pass. I would keep the Benelli over those guns.

Military Gun Supply in Fort Worth sells the Saiga AK's if you really want one.

2006 Mustang GT

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Got Lateral G's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotua
I personally would pass. I would keep the Benelli over those guns.

Military Gun Supply in Fort Worth sells the Saiga AK's if you really want one.
This is what I have now...had it so the wife could handle it and since she is gone, I was just wanting something more up my alley like the semi auto.

This Benelli really serves no purpose other than to make noise given it isn't rifled for slugs and has no threads for a choke. I suppose I could order a new barrel but you might as well buy a whole new gun.

Looking for sponsorships for 2010 on the car above... PM for details and schedule.

I'm a mod motor GOD! LOL!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-26-2007, 06:17 PM
Bullet Sponge

I have the .410 at home and I ordered the 12 ga. I highly recommend them.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97
This is what I have now...had it so the wife could handle it and since she is gone, I was just wanting something more up my alley like the semi auto.

This Benelli really serves no purpose other than to make noise given it isn't rifled for slugs and has no threads for a choke. I suppose I could order a new barrel but you might as well buy a whole new gun.
Personally, I would just go out and buy a semi-auto 12gauge shotgun that takes chokes. I would get a tube style magazine gun because I can put a plug in the gun and take it bird hunting if I felt like it. (You can't really do that with the Saiga.

Other than the "Look" of the AK shotgun, its really not that practical. Magazines will be expensive for that gun and again, its a 12ga. I'd rather have a shotgun under my bed that I can take hunting rather than being an Emergency only weapon under the bed.

In your case, I think I would sell the Benelli (Pump) and just go out and buy a good used semi auto shotgun.

Myself personally, I have a 12ga Remington Semi auto shotgun, my wife has a Beretta 20ga semi auto, and for home defense we have a Mossberg 590. No offense to the semi auto shotgun, but the racking of the 590 in a dark home will send a message to any burgler in the home. (Remember its dark and you cant see but they can hear that noise.) I'd rather have them instantly run out of my house rather than having a fire fight in the halls. Don't get me wrong, if I see the intruder I will send a round of 000 buck their way.

But again this is all my opinion.

2006 Mustang GT
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 08:59 AM
tear'n asphalt in the 68'

I will admit they are pretty cool, but I sold the one I bought not too long after I got it and went out and bought a mossberg 500. They shoot fine but for hunting they are pretty impractical. If you just want something cool to shoot then go for it, the 10rnd. mags are fairly in-expensive, but the 3 rounders are expinsive and hard to find; so that makes hunting pretty much a pain in the ass.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement