Anyone in the Corpus area? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Public Enemy
 
quickls1chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Parker County/Padre
Posts: 1,911
Anyone in the Corpus area?

I have yet to see one decent mustang in Corpus Christi/Padre. Only a whole shitload of Vette's on the island.

quickls1chick is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 02:37 AM
Lifer
 
ThreeFingerPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 14,894
Pssh, all the cool people find real beaches.

ThreeFingerPete is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Public Enemy
 
quickls1chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Parker County/Padre
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete
Pssh, all the cool people find real beaches.

I'll be sure to remind you of that this summer when I'm in the carribean.

quickls1chick is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Very Interesting
 
The Big Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Around the World
Posts: 9,856
I grew up down there, There's quite a few that run around, lots of imports now days.

If you know where Staples and Saratoga are, on Saturday nights, there's a few people who get out and about. It's been years since i've been down that way to hang out in the car scene.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
The Big Matt is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Public Enemy
 
quickls1chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Parker County/Padre
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
I grew up down there, There's quite a few that run around, lots of imports now days.

If you know where Staples and Saratoga are, on Saturday nights, there's a few people who get out and about. It's been years since i've been down that way to hang out in the car scene.

Yea, unfortunately you're right. I took the TA out one Saturday night and saw nothing but rice there. I followed my two cop friends out there when they were off duty, heh.

quickls1chick is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 08:26 AM
Very Interesting
 
The Big Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Around the World
Posts: 9,856
A buddy of mine, Mike has a black supra that runs around out there, he's had a 10 second grand national, a 10 second T/A, among quite a few other cars.

We used to hang out at the Albertson's parking lot across the street, the Albertson's off of staples and SPID, the Sonic out on Staples past Saratoga, etc...

But it's been forever. Good luck, there's a lot of trashy cars, and dumbasses running around down there.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
The Big Matt is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Public Enemy
 
quickls1chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Parker County/Padre
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
A buddy of mine, Mike has a black supra that runs around out there, he's had a 10 second grand national, a 10 second T/A, among quite a few other cars.

We used to hang out at the Albertson's parking lot across the street, the Albertson's off of staples and SPID, the Sonic out on Staples past Saratoga, etc...

But it's been forever. Good luck, there's a lot of trashy cars, and dumbasses running around down there.

Hrmmm......I have seen a nice black supra in Port Aransas...

I'm not there for the "car scene" so to speak at all, heh. I was just curious. As soon as I get into and pass SA, there is nothing but shit, that I have seen.

quickls1chick is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Very Interesting
 
The Big Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Around the World
Posts: 9,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickls1chick
Hrmmm......I have seen a nice black supra in Port Aransas...

I'm not there for the "car scene" so to speak at all, heh. I was just curious. As soon as I get into and pass SA, there is nothing but shit, that I have seen.
Probably Mike's car, his mom and family are out in Aransas Pass area

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
The Big Matt is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Public Enemy
 
quickls1chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Parker County/Padre
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
Probably Mike's car, his mom and family are out in Aransas Pass area

Yep! Did you ever attend the beltsander races down there? It's a fucking blast....if you're drunk.

quickls1chick is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Very Interesting
 
The Big Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Around the World
Posts: 9,856
i've been to those, the rattlesnake races, etc...

If you like crawfish, i recommend you check out my favorite little hole in the wall - Crawdaddy's on Starr street in downtown corpus.

And for a good burger, and some live music, check out the Executive Surf Club on a friday or saturday night. I used to work there after highschool.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
The Big Matt is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2007, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Public Enemy
 
quickls1chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Parker County/Padre
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Matt
i've been to those, the rattlesnake races, etc...

If you like crawfish, i recommend you check out my favorite little hole in the wall - Crawdaddy's on Starr street in downtown corpus.

And for a good burger, and some live music, check out the Executive Surf Club on a friday or saturday night. I used to work there after highschool.

quickls1chick eats no crawfish! ha!

I'm in love with Doc's. I've actually been to the Surf Club...but I didn't eat anything. I'll make my girls take me there again possibly.

quickls1chick is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 04:38 PM
Lifer
 
Marisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tarrant
Posts: 10,319
Bitch! Take me with you!
Marisa is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Very Interesting
 
The Big Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Around the World
Posts: 9,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickls1chick
quickls1chick eats no crawfish! ha!

I'm in love with Doc's. I've actually been to the Surf Club...but I didn't eat anything. I'll make my girls take me there again possibly.
By Doc's I assume Dr. Rockets???

I love Mulligan's, favorite dive bar in downtown.

On the island, Farah's is great.

For good old, shoot the shit, hole in the wall, dive ass bar, try Bear's Den on Gollihar/Airline.

Havana is fun for a stuffy crowd, cigar bar type joint.

On the south side of town, there's Murdock's, owned by the same people who own Mulligan's. There's also Martini Bar, but the crowd there can be a bit wierd at times.

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
The Big Matt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome