Hallsville?? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 446
Hallsville??

Ok so what's up with hallsville's strip? I went out friday to hopefully see some racing and maybe get a baseline on the lincoln and they weren't open? Also their website is down and I can't seem to find a number to call and see when they are going to be open. Anyone know what's going on?? I'm not driving the hour over there again if I don't know for sure there's going to be some racing. Hell I thought about just racing up and down the side road just so I could say that the trip wasn't a waste. Shit I've been trying for a month to go to the track since I finally convinced the wife to let me run the car and so far nothing.....
66restomod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 10:25 AM
10% Real Fruit Juice
 
TonyMCev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Marshall, TX
Posts: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66restomod
Ok so what's up with hallsville's strip? I went out friday to hopefully see some racing and maybe get a baseline on the lincoln and they weren't open? Also their website is down and I can't seem to find a number to call and see when they are going to be open. Anyone know what's going on?? I'm not driving the hour over there again if I don't know for sure there's going to be some racing. Hell I thought about just racing up and down the side road just so I could say that the trip wasn't a waste. Shit I've been trying for a month to go to the track since I finally convinced the wife to let me run the car and so far nothing.....
i really do not know. i wouldn't think it would be closed. maybe this has something to do with the shooting a couple of months back...
TonyMCev is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 446
well

I don't know about the first 2 weekends (they may have raced but I couldn't go at the last minute) but last weekend was rained out and this weekend??? Several other cars showed up seen that the gates were locked and left like I did. Well I hung around for an hour thinking that maybe I was too early.

So there was a shooting at the strip?
66restomod is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-04-2005, 10:46 AM
10% Real Fruit Juice
 
TonyMCev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Marshall, TX
Posts: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66restomod
So there was a shooting at the strip?
hell yeah. one sunday a couple of months ago. something about a race bet gone bad. these 4 "stupid motherfuckers" opened point-blank fire on these other "stupid motherfuckers" in a tahoe. it was pandemonium...
TonyMCev is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 06:09 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 122
phone number and web-site

phone number = 903-668-2858

web-site = www.hallsvilledragway.com

hope that helps the track was closed due to schedule chane i believe they have gone to sat. and sun. dont quote me on that but i think thats whats up. good luck
stangfamily is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 446
thanks

Website is under construction so I had no other way to see when they were open. But the phone number will help loads. I appreciate it.
66restomod is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2005, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 446
hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMCev
hell yeah. one sunday a couple of months ago. something about a race bet gone bad. these 4 "stupid motherfuckers" opened point-blank fire on these other "stupid motherfuckers" in a tahoe. it was pandemonium...

I guess that's another reason that I don't make bets at all. Of course I think that most people are stupid motherfuckers so.... (present company excluded, you guys are pretty cool). Sucks that a few people can ruin every damn good thing that the rest of us have. Stupid people should choke to death on their own scrotum.
66restomod is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 10:55 PM
My Boy!
 
Todd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 5,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66restomod
I guess that's another reason that I don't make bets at all. Of course I think that most people are stupid motherfuckers so.... (present company excluded, you guys are pretty cool). Sucks that a few people can ruin every damn good thing that the rest of us have. Stupid people should choke to death on their own scrotum.

It was sort of a special event from what I understood, and a lot of bikes. I also heard it was 2 friends that got in the shootout with eachother. But it was not the regular crowd that is there all the time at all.

My Resurrected Turbo Mustang website: http://turbostangtodd.com/
Todd is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 446
that's good

I'm going to try to go back out there. But I don't know when. I just got in the adjustable strut "inserts" for the mark viii so my weekend should be full.

And that's one damn good looking vert. I don't believe that you live in Tyler...I should have seen that car by now . Of course if you driven through Tyler much you can't miss the mark viii. It's the only mark viii with bullits in town. You should bring the vert around so I can see it one day.

Justin
66restomod is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Your Real DAD
 
superlopez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Prowlin the streets,with my FUNNY friend. In good ol Checkaho,TX AKA GARLAND BITCH
Posts: 4,724
I thought I read it was closing down. On hotrod gossip.

Could be mistaken though.
superlopez is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 02:00 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Longview, TX
Posts: 0
It hasn't closed, I was out there Saturday night and they were running. And I've been several other weekends before that and they have always been open. That was the first Friday they have been closed this year. I don't know if it had something to do with the 3 day labor day weekend or what.
ETx90GTstang is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-10-2005, 09:21 PM
My Boy!
 
Todd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 5,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66restomod
I'm going to try to go back out there. But I don't know when. I just got in the adjustable strut "inserts" for the mark viii so my weekend should be full.

And that's one damn good looking vert. I don't believe that you live in Tyler...I should have seen that car by now . Of course if you driven through Tyler much you can't miss the mark viii. It's the only mark viii with bullits in town. You should bring the vert around so I can see it one day.

Justin
Thanks man, I've seen your car around. I've been driving a SC300 , black with 18's on it lately. The vert is in the garage. Fresh paint, but needs some cleaning up. I brought it out last saturday night for about an hour.

Where do I need to bring it?

My Resurrected Turbo Mustang website: http://turbostangtodd.com/
Todd is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2005, 06:12 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 446
hmmm

I think I've seen the lexus. Love the SC cars. As far as where to go out to ??? I dunno is there a local gtg or something that I don't know about? I don't tend to get out much and haven't lived here very long. We should try to find some other people and have a gtg at sonic up on 69 or whatever it's called on the north side of town. Someone told me that there was a small car show at one of the whataburger's every thursday or friday, but I don't know which one. I don't know. If you find something to do just let me know.
66restomod is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 07:45 AM
Time Served
 
astig00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: In the country
Posts: 894
Hallsville Dragway is now closed until further notice per Chuck Bishop(owner).

08 F-250 CC 6.4 FX4
07 Unlimited Sahara
06 Z-06
05 E55 AMG
05 Yukon Denali XL
03 Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins
astig00 is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 446
well

If you know him would you tell him to put a sign up on the fence. Last few times I've gone out there to see if it was open I've seen several other people show up as well. It would be the polite thing to do.

And thanks for the info.
66restomod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome