Came From El Paso - Page 2 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 10:51 AM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim H
Wonder what the hot rod scene is like?
Eh.....right now it's all about the Fast and the Furious bullshit euro cars over there. All the young fucks are going around fixing up their civics and celicas and being dumbasses. That Hot Rod scene has died down significantly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 12:59 PM

Well that sucks.
post #53 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

ive made several trips there and back with a few bricks...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

post #54 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 03:30 PM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
ive made several trips there and back with a few bricks...
La mota?
post #55 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckacosta
La mota?
mota!

one of the first non-school learned words I learned while working at CiCi's...ha. Came in handy when I went to Mexico this summer.

post #56 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 09:32 AM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHC
mota!

one of the first non-school learned words I learned while working at CiCi's...ha. Came in handy when I went to Mexico this summer.
That and "Una Cerveza mas por favor" work beautifully.
post #57 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 11:19 AM

see i knew this one very well...

por favor aqui es my reloj is de puro oro

translated is please here is my watch it is made out of gold

usually said to the cops in jaurez when they would handcuff me for fighting in the bars and being drunk...gotta love those fake ass el bronco rolex's came in pretty handy for bribing officers in j-town

i really dont miss el paso at all, i fucking hated that place my friends and family still live there but its pretty boring and depressing down there
post #58 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 03:21 PM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black03mach
see i knew this one very well...

por favor aqui es my reloj is de puro oro

translated is please here is my watch it is made out of gold

usually said to the cops in jaurez when they would handcuff me for fighting in the bars and being drunk...gotta love those fake ass el bronco rolex's came in pretty handy for bribing officers in j-town

i really dont miss el paso at all, i fucking hated that place my friends and family still live there but its pretty boring and depressing down there
It is what it is man. Growing up there I made the best of it. I miss it cause it was all I knew till I came out here.
post #59 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 01:53 PM
PSR

this guys sounds like Eddie to me
post #60 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Eh.....right now it's all about the Fast and the Furious bullshit euro cars over there. All the young fucks are going around fixing up their civics and celicas and being dumbasses. That Hot Rod scene has died down significantly.

Actually you are half right on teh Hot Rod scene. We are about to open a 1/4 track, hopefully it does not go down the shitter like the other we had.

Click on link and see some HR from the ELP area.
www.southwestdrags.com
post #61 of 91 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 04:54 PM
May the Force be w/you

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo22
Actually you are half right on teh Hot Rod scene. We are about to open a 1/4 track, hopefully it does not go down the shitter like the other we had.

www.southwestdrags.com
That'll be good if that happens! Hope to see it grow and get good. What part of town will it be in?
post #62 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
That'll be good if that happens! Hope to see it grow and get good. What part of town will it be in?

East, It is actually by I-10. Clint Exit
post #63 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 03:00 PM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
East, It is actually by I-10. Clint Exit
Yeah.....typical. That area of town has so much room. Sounds good though.

I miss that shit hole. Hope to be going home to visit soon!
post #64 of 91 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:

www.southwestdrags.com

Good for ELP.

I wonder how fast some of the low riders out there are going to be? I know they can't corner for shit. I took a ride in one about a year after I lived there and it scared the hell out of me. Low and slow is the only way to go in those things.
post #65 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 08:34 AM
May the Force be w/you

Thumbs up

Looking forward to going home for a few days in a couple of weeks!!
post #66 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 06:08 AM

Look out Chico's.
post #67 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 09:35 AM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
Look out Chico's.
Oh hell yeah!! That's for fucking sure!!!!! Gotta have some chicos at least 3 times while I'm there. Gotta get my fix.

Last edited by chuckacosta; 03-07-2008 at 10:28 AM.
post #68 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 09:46 AM
duh...duh....duh

Did some in/out processing at Ft Bliss....got a out a bit in El Paso and thought it was alright. Seemed to be the type of area that you make it what it is. I did not get bothered, but I did not get to go across the border either.

My '03 Sold.
post #69 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-07-2008, 10:29 AM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko
Did some in/out processing at Ft Bliss....got a out a bit in El Paso and thought it was alright. Seemed to be the type of area that you make it what it is. I did not get bothered, but I did not get to go across the border either.
That's all it is man. A huge party town. If you don't enjoy that...then El Paso sucks.
post #70 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Oh hell yeah!! That's for fucking sure!!!!! Gotta have some chicos at least 3 times while I'm there. Gotta get my fix.
Great American Land and Cattle Company for burgers. Some of the best I've ever had except for the ones at Gasoline Alley when it was open.

Joe Willy's in Rockwall is pretty good.

Have a tamale at Gussies for me please.

Dam I'm gonna have to go to Carmona's today. It won't be the same but it'll have to do.
post #71 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 10:37 AM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
Great American Land and Cattle Company for burgers. Some of the best I've ever had except for the ones at Gasoline Alley when it was open.

Joe Willy's in Rockwall is pretty good.

Have a tamale at Gussies for me please.

Dam I'm gonna have to go to Carmona's today. It won't be the same but it'll have to do.
LOL! I hope te be going to the State Line by Sunland Park! That is some GOOD bbq! I also want to hit up Cattlemen's in Fabens! That place it teh greatness! I will def be having some Gussies Tamales. I may even have to bring home a couple dozen to freeze and eat later!
post #72 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
LOL! I hope te be going to the State Line by Sunland Park! That is some GOOD bbq! I also want to hit up Cattlemen's in Fabens! That place it teh greatness! I will def be having some Gussies Tamales. I may even have to bring home a couple dozen to freeze and eat later!

Ah State Line. That's where my rehersal dinner was. If I remember right they had homemade bread and ice cream.

I tried to eat that steak special one time at Cattleman's and got about 1-1/2 pounds away. I couldn't eat for two days after that. In fact I never went back after that. Was that 5 or 7lbs?

Kiki's was also one of my favorites but I heard its gone downhill in the last so many years.

There was an Italian joint in Five Points that was really good....veal parmigian (sp) yummm.

Don't bring home the Gussies, brag about it and not expect to have your home broken into.
post #73 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 10:30 PM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
Ah State Line. That's where my rehersal dinner was. If I remember right they had homemade bread and ice cream.

I tried to eat that steak special one time at Cattleman's and got about 1-1/2 pounds away. I couldn't eat for two days after that. In fact I never went back after that. Was that 5 or 7lbs?

Kiki's was also one of my favorites but I heard its gone downhill in the last so many years.

There was an Italian joint in Five Points that was really good....veal parmigian (sp) yummm.

Don't bring home the Gussies, brag about it and not expect to have your home broken into.
Well I just got back in town. Had a blast! Ate Chicos a couple times! Didn't get to go to Cattlemans or Stateline. I did however go to Kiki's. It was really good. But yes...you're right...it's not the same that is was a few years ago. The italian joint you talk about it the Italian Kitchen. That's some REALLY good food! Didn't have enough time to do all that I wanted to do but I plan on making more trips over there. It was nice to see my family and the city!
post #74 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Lifer

I went through El Paso once about 20 years ago. After seeing it, I decided that if Mexico was even remotely similar, then I never wanted to visit it.
post #75 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 04:07 PM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up
I went through El Paso once about 20 years ago. After seeing it, I decided that if Mexico was even remotely similar, then I never wanted to visit it.
Well if you grow up there, as I did, that place holds a special place in your heart. Most people just don't understand it.
post #76 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-19-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Well if you grow up there, as I did, that place holds a special place in your heart. Most people just don't understand it.
True.

I moved out there in 75 and driving in I swore I wouldn't live there long. No trees on the mountians etc. There's a beauty in the desert that just can't be explained. People out there were really friendly more so than any other city that size I ever lived in. I still can't believe I lived there for 15 years.
I left in 1990 and moved out west.
post #77 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:18 PM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
True.

I moved out there in 75 and driving in I swore I wouldn't live there long. No trees on the mountians etc. There's a beauty in the desert that just can't be explained. People out there were really friendly more so than any other city that size I ever lived in. I still can't believe I lived there for 15 years.
I left in 1990 and moved out west.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I seriously think that El Paso is truly a beautiful city. Amongst the mountains, the desert, and the history I find it a gorgeous part of the country.

It was real hard to listen to my family try to convince me to move back. Since I am recently single they seem to think I have nothing more keeping me here in Dallas. But I honestly just enjoy Dallas and all the big city has to offer!
post #78 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I seriously think that El Paso is truly a beautiful city. Amongst the mountains, the desert, and the history I find it a gorgeous part of the country.

It was real hard to listen to my family try to convince me to move back. Since I am recently single they seem to think I have nothing more keeping me here in Dallas. But I honestly just enjoy Dallas and all the big city has to offer!

It's never the same when you go back, kind of like the wrecked car thing.

The history...who was the guy always on the news that knew everything about El Paso and New Mexico? His stories about the wild western days were fasinating and well researched. I've seen him do a couple of bits on the Dicovery channel as well.

My motto when I lived there was that I could make more money by accident than I could at work on purpose. Side work kept me busy at least 20 weekends a year.
post #79 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 04:13 PM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
It's never the same when you go back, kind of like the wrecked car thing.

The history...who was the guy always on the news that knew everything about El Paso and New Mexico? His stories about the wild western days were fasinating and well researched. I've seen him do a couple of bits on the Dicovery channel as well.

My motto when I lived there was that I could make more money by accident than I could at work on purpose. Side work kept me busy at least 20 weekends a year.
Yeah that whole wrecked car thing is the exact reason I choose to not move back. I just know in my heart that it won't be the same.

Oh and by the way the guys name is Leon Metz. And he was a bad ass when it comes to El Paso history!
post #80 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 10:50 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Talking

the new race track is open & its alot better than dessert demons find more info on southwestdrags.com
post #81 of 91 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:18 PM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridestang
the new race track is open & its alot better than dessert demons find more info on southwestdrags.com
Good to hear! Hope it grows and flourishes out there. Might have to check it out if and when I go back to EP to visit.
post #82 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 10:36 PM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
Good to hear! Hope it grows and flourishes out there. Might have to check it out if and when I go back to EP to visit.
Ok so this statement is pretty damn contradictory because as luck would have it I am actually moving back to El Paso next week.

I am doing it for several reasons which include to help my grandparents as well as go back to school. I am really gonna miss the Dallas area. And I sure as hell hope to move back here as soon as life will allow me to. To all that I know on this board...God bless. Many of you have my number. So be sure and keep in touch. I plan to visit this place as often as financially possible.
post #83 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Gone but never forgotten

Quote:
Ok so this statement is pretty damn contradictory because as luck would have it I am actually moving back to El Paso next week.

I am doing it for several reasons which include to help my grandparents as well as go back to school. I am really gonna miss the Dallas area. And I sure as hell hope to move back here as soon as life will allow me to. To all that I know on this board...God bless. Many of you have my number. So be sure and keep in touch. I plan to visit this place as often as financially possible.
west texas schmest texas

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~ Frederick Douglass
post #84 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-20-2008, 08:18 AM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz
west texas schmest texas
Yeah.....I know.
post #85 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

southwestdrags.com el paso is fuckin awsome
post #86 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

El paso i moved back here too due to some jacked up stuff with the law but still sucks the street scene sucks , the track is alright but all the promises that they did went down the drain my buddies that helped open the track all bailed due to the owner , cant wait to go back to Dallas
post #87 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 10:23 AM
May the Force be w/you

I'm right there with you. I miss Dallas like hell. However realistically I am gonna be here for a while. It will give me a chance to go back to and finish school. If all goes well I will be sitting real pretty when it's all said and done.
post #88 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

ya im stuck with school too for a while realistically too it sucks but do with what i have, gives me time to build up my mustangs before i go tune them in dallas
post #89 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 12:54 PM
May the Force be w/you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELP89stang
ya im stuck with school too for a while realistically too it sucks but do with what i have, gives me time to build up my mustangs before i go tune them in dallas
What part of town you in? I'm on the west side but in New Mexico behind Canutillo.
post #90 of 91 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

ya im on the east side almost by the loop ,its expanding crazy over here all the sac is gone no more off roading places close to my house but red sands
post #91 of 91 (permalink) Old 08-10-2009, 10:45 PM
May the Force be w/you

How's El Paso treating you?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement