DFW Mustang Forums banner

Ever notice the Masonic Lodges/Temples?

862 views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  DarkWolf 
#1 ·
There's one in Fort Worth, Dallas, and in Arlington (off Division) that I know of.

Creepy stuff, lots of money involved.

#2 ·
yea, one big one back in Waco my home town. Weird building, had those egyptian looking things all over it. I went to HS with a girl that was involved in "Rainbows", their women program. Didnt get a whole lot out of her what they were about, but really weird. Does anyone know what exactly they are all about?

#3 ·
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm. I must admit that I used to be an ACTIVE Mason. Back when I was stationed in Germany.

I was the Sr. Deacon of the Blue house. (basically I conducted, initiated,punished and taught the new candidates.boy was that fun!)

I didn't just stop with the Blue House(the normal Masonic emblem you normaly see w/ the G inside the compass and square) I also went through the Royal Arch and Knights Templar (I got my butt absolutely kicked in the Knights initiation which lasted for about 8hrs) mainly because I had to go on leave and when I got back everyone who I initiated in the Blue house were knights when I got back to Germany :eek:

I don't practice or even claim it now though. There were a few "signs" that started to bother me.

#4 ·
The Masonic Lodge in America is a highly influential organization claiming some four million members. Masonic leaders argue the lodge is not a religion but merely a fraternal body that seeks to better society and also assist the Christian church. It does this, they claim, by helping Christians become better members of their own faith.

The truth is that Masonry is a distinct religion that espouses teachings incompatible with Christian faith in the areas of God, salvation, and other important doctrines. It is therefore inconsistent for any Christian to swear the oaths of Masonry to uphold and support the Lodge when Masonry's own ritual, doctrines, and impact in history have denied and opposed biblical teaching.

For more info click on the link below.

http://www.equip.org/free/DM166.htm

Lee

#5 ·
some indication to how influential the masons are:

look at a $1 bill....turn it over to the backside..

under the pyramid (which is a masonic symbol) the words "Novus Ordo Seclorum" are printed on the banner, "Novus Ordo Seclorum" is latin for New World Order.

The eagle with the shield over its breast is a Masonic symbol as well, and there is significance in the shape of the stars above it
:eek:

Churchlady voice "COULD IT BE.....THE STAR OF DAVID?!"

everyone should look into the Masons/New World Order/Illumnati and then look at the state of world politics and how they're changing (hint hint European Union and the UN)

#6 ·
My Grandfather and Uncle are Masons, so let's try not to assume that all Masons are striving for a new world order, and all that hoopla.

It's like any large organization, there are going to be black sheep, those that are different from the normal. Masons have throughout history done a lot of good for mankind. They're involved in many charitable organizations, hospitals, and homeless shelters. It is not a religious order, though it's not inconceivable that some of it's members view it as such. I've met a lot of masons in my life, and all of them are good men, doing good work, and good deeds. Cops, firefighters, doctors. As a whole, they are not involved with politics, or government. There are the crazies, just like in any large organization. You've got whacked out Christian Fundamentalists, or Islamic Fundamentalists. It's expected there's going to be some whacked out Masons. That doesn't represent the majority. It wouldn't be interesting in a "secret society, conspiracty theory" way, if that was the majority.

#7 ·
Most people (myself included) just join because it seems cool.

But in actuality it isn't a good place for a Christian. It teaches that we all serve the same God and Christians know that isn't true. It is very close to being it's own religion.

I know. I recieved 13* out of 33 before I left it alone. The higher you go the more you know. The only thing left for me to do was to go Shriner.

#8 ·
Monsoon X said:
But in actuality it isn't a good place for a Christian. It teaches that we all serve the same God and Christians know that isn't true. It is very close to being it's own religion.
I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're saying here. Masons are Christians (at least all the Masons I've met are). Wouldn't all Christians serve the same God? I've been to my Uncles initiation, and to my Grandfathers promotion to Sr. Deacon. The only religious aspect of these that I saw, was when everyone was asked to reciet the Lord's Prayer. Other than that, it wasn't unlike a Boy Scout ceremony, people being awarded various ranks, and medals.

I've seen no evidence of Masons as a whole being a religious order, or near a religious order. I've spoken with my grandfather on many occasions about Masons, and what goes on. I don't argue that some lodges may take things to the extreme, but I do argue that Masons as a whole aren't a religious organization, and aren't bent on a new world order, or illuminati conspiracy theories.

#9 ·
DarkWolf said:
My Grandfather and Uncle are Masons, so let's try not to assume that all Masons are striving for a new world order, and all that hoopla.

It's like any large organization, there are going to be black sheep, those that are different from the normal. Masons have throughout history done a lot of good for mankind. They're involved in many charitable organizations, hospitals, and homeless shelters. It is not a religious order, though it's not inconceivable that some of it's members view it as such. I've met a lot of masons in my life, and all of them are good men, doing good work, and good deeds. Cops, firefighters, doctors. As a whole, they are not involved with politics, or government. There are the crazies, just like in any large organization. You've got whacked out Christian Fundamentalists, or Islamic Fundamentalists. It's expected there's going to be some whacked out Masons. That doesn't represent the majority. It wouldn't be interesting in a "secret society, conspiracty theory" way, if that was the majority.
DW -- Do some research befor emaking claims that Masons are Christians. What a slap in the face. Masons are more closely related to Mormons (another cult), which was founded by joseph smith also a mason. There traditions, the misrepresentation of the word of God, and denying that Christ is the only way to heaven are just 3 of hundreds of reasons these guys are a cult and nooooo good!

Lee

#10 ·
My grandfather is Baptist. My uncle is Lutheran. All of the Masons that I know (that number close to 100 individuals) are active Christians of various faiths, who regularly attend church. I have not met 1 Mason who isn't Christian. I haven't met 1 Mason who acted in any way that would indicate their organization as being a cult, or a religion.

I'm not saying they aren't out there. I'm just saying don't assume that's the majority. I personally know close to 100 Masons, they in turn know hundreds, thousands more. The whole of the organization has not once attempted to claim religious sanctity. 1 lone person can invent out of thin air the Whoozawah religion, and when he convinces a few people to believe in his religion, he can file with the Government as a religion to receive the various benefits, such as tax breaks. Masons have never done this.

#11 ·
Like I said Jay, if one is in tune with his Christianity and is REALLY striving to live the life; the higher up you go the more blasphemus the Masonic order becomes.

The part that ended my little experience was one of the "signs" we had to do once I got my 13th degree in the Knights Templar Lodge.

One where I stretch out my hands, lean my head down and over, cross my legs and basically look like Jesus on the cross.

At that time of my life I never had my mind on Christian values and I can't understand why I did that sign for so long. :mad:

#12 ·
Anglican Synod Concludes Freemasonry Is Heretical

Officials of the Church of England overwhelmingly accepted the results of a church inquiry which accused Freemasonry of being blasphemous and heretical. At their annual summer policymaking session in York, England, the General Synod approved the report by a vote of 394 to 52, with five synod delegates abstaining. The Synod decides church policy for the world’s 70 million Anglicans (including American Episcopalians).

The 56-page report, “Freemasonry and Christianity: Are They Compatible?” was issued in June of 1987 by a seven member church committee — includ_ing two Masons — after a 16-month inquiry. The synod revealed that its five non-Mason committee members found a “number of very fundamental reasons to question the compatibility of Freemasons with Christianity.” The report stated, “From the evidence we have received, it is clear that some

Christians have found the impact of Masonic rituals disturbing and a few perceive them as positively evil.” The chairman of the committee, sociologist Margaret Hewitt, said that Freemasonry has been a matter of concern to Christians both in this country and elsewhere for many years.”

The religious aspects of Freemasonry, such as the use of ritual prayers, chaplains, and an unorthodox doctrine of works righteousness apart from God’s grace, were cited by the Anglican Synod as matters of concern. The Synod’s primary theological objection centered upon Masonry’s use of the word “Jahbulon,” which is the name used for deity in Masonic rituals, and is an amalgamation of Semitic, Hebrew, and Egyptian titles for God. The committee’s report concluded that the Masonic rituals were “blasphemous” because God’s name “must not be taken in vain, nor can it be replaced by an amalgam of the names of pagan deities.”

------->This is an excerpt from an artical I found.

Lee

#13 ·
More to read:

"You shall know them by their fruits" -
The fruits of freemasonry include pride; self righteousness (they tend to believe themselves to be a cut above the rest of us); idolatry (Gaotu is not the God of the Bible) and members are required to bow down together with others who worship other gods; deceit, dishonesty and corruption (initiates are deliberately not told about the more detailed and satanic elements of masonry); false concept of God (Jesus and Lucifer seen as two sides of the same deity); secrecy (they cannot discuss what goes on in the lodge even with their wives); swearing oaths - one phrase at a time, so that they are required to swear before being told the full extent of the oath that they MUST obey; greed/self advancement (the main reason many of them join); false assurance of salvation (all masons are offered immortality); false resurrection (ceremonial "killing" and "resurrection" of candidates).
Are these characteristics that you would want to foster?

Freemasonry is a series of ritually systematic demonization procedures. It is a successor of the ancient mysteries religions: the secret worship rites of Pagan Gods.

Every masonic lodge is a temple of religion and its teachings are instruction in religion.

Freemasonry acknowledges a series of gods to be worshipped:

T.G.A.O.T.U., the Great Architect of the Universe.
JAHBULON: a revelation of the real name of God:

JAH: the God of the Israelites.
BUL: (=Baal) - the god of the Syrians.
ON: Egyptian god OSIRIS of the underworld.

AHURA-MAZDA - spirit of light: a nature god of Zoroastrianism worshipped in Persia (Iran) with fire.
AUM of the Hindus: (Brahma - Vishna - Shiva).
ALLAH: God of Arab, Muslim and Mohammedan.
LUCIFER = the Devil, Satan.
This last is the most worrying, in that it would appear that Satan has indeed been at work in his guise as Light-bearer, marshalling the forces of evil.

Check out this website for other information as well.

www.masonicinfo.com

Lee

#14 ·
Whatever. Believe whatever floats your boat. If you're going to quote from a biased website, that's your perogative. JC, I don't know why you were made to stand in the form of the crucifixion. All I know is that what you experienced is not normal. This TGaotu crap, who's making this nonsense up? Jahbulon? Out of curiosity, how does "on" translate to Osiris? Bul = Baal? It's a stretch, but I can see it.

Never once have I heard even the slightest reference to any these names. Not once in all my talks with my grandfather, not once in the ceremonies I've attended.

If any of that were true, I don't think it would have taken the church this long to consider it heresy ... and I sure as hell don't think there'd be even ONE contrary vote on the issue.

#15 · (Edited)
DarkWolf said:
Whatever. Believe whatever floats your boat. If you're going to quote from a biased website, that's your perogative. JC, I don't know why you were made to stand in the form of the crucifixion. All I know is that what you experienced is not normal. This TGaotu crap, who's making this nonsense up? Jahbulon? Out of curiosity, how does "on" translate to Osiris? Bul = Baal? It's a stretch, but I can see it.

Never once have I heard even the slightest reference to any these names. Not once in all my talks with my grandfather, not once in the ceremonies I've attended.

If any of that were true, I don't think it would have taken the church this long to consider it heresy ... and I sure as hell don't think there'd be even ONE contrary vote on the issue.
Jay- You're talking about something that you have no inside information on. I was made to stand in the form of the crucifixtion because that is a Knights Templar sign, since it was started. It's a ritualistic sign and symbol. It is very normal.

The Great Architect of the Universe is a term that we used every time the Lodge opened. And if you Grandfather was a true Mason he would'nt have told you the secrets because of the obligation that he took. You won't see the "grips" and signs of a Master Mason in ceremonies Nor will you hear the terminologies. Some of the signs are so subtle you probably wouldn't notice anyway. Heck, I used them to get my overweight luggage on a flight w/o being charged extra. The guy who was at the counter had "light" on his person.

Now I'm not saying that the Masons as individual people are bad it's just that once you really start living a Christian life (a serious one) you realize how blasphemous the order and it's teachings are.

Really Jay, you have NO idea what goes on.

#16 ·
Monsoon X said:

Jay- You're talking about something that you have no inside information on. I was made to stand in the form of the crucifixtion because that is a Knights Templar sign, since it was started. It's a ritualistic sign and symbol. It is very normal.

The Great Architect of the Universe is a term that we used every time the Lodge opened. And if you Grandfather was a true Mason he would've have told you the secrets because of the obligation that he took. You won't see the "grips" and signs of a Master Mason in ceremonies Nor will you hear the terminologies. Some of the signs are so subtle you probably wouldn't notice anyway. Heck, I used them to get my overweight luggage on a flight w/o being charged extra. The guy who was at the counter had "light" on his person.

Now I'm not saying that the Masons as individual people are bad it's just that once you really start living a Christian life (a serious one) you realize how blasphemous the order and it's teachings are.

Really Jay, you have NO idea what goes on.
Sounds like you should speak to same ex-masons as they are the only ones that will disclose the truth. A Mason is obligated not to. Not trying to step on your toes there with your family members being involved, as they might no to much yet. The Masons (again bery closely related to the Mormons) are a cult!

Lee

#17 ·
speedpro50 said:

Sounds like you should speak to same ex-masons as they are the only ones that will disclose the truth. A Mason is obligated not to. Not trying to step on your toes there with your family members being involved, as they might no to much yet. The Masons (again bery closely related to the Mormons) are a cult!

Lee
I edited my post. I meant to say that his Grandfather WOULD NOT have told him the secrets of the order because of his obligation and the penalty thereof. (BTW -The signs are symbolic of the penalty of your obligation)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.