BCS Standings (11/7) - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mesquite
Posts: 2,079
BCS Standings (11/7)

Team BCS Average
1 Oregon .9638
2 Auburn .9611
3 TCU .9259
4 Boise State .8662
5 LSU .8170
6 Stanford .7454
7 Wisconsin .7349
8 Nebraska .7298
9 Ohio State .6613
10 Oklahoma State .6211
11 Michigan State .6180
12 Alabama .5490
13 Iowa .5223
14 Utah .4669
15 Arkansas .4569
16 Oklahoma .3900
17 Missouri .3511
18 Arizona .3200
19 Mississippi State .3169
20 Virginia Tech .2647
21 Nevada .1981
22 Florida .0825
23 South Carolina .0807
24 Kansas State .0765
25 Texas A&M .0694
Lone Sailor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Frequent Flyer
 
AdamLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 9,148
Week 13 looks to be the first shot at creating some BCS havoc.

Auburn (2) at 'Bama (12)
LSU (5) at Arkansas (15)
Arizona (18) at Oregon (1)
Boise St (4) at Nevada (21)
AdamLX is offline  
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Useless, TX
Posts: 6
I just need Oregon and/or Auburn to lose, and TCU to keep winning
Hickspanic is offline  
 
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 01:09 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
Posts: 10,859
GEAUX 'Bama
GEAUX 'Zona


GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
Sgt Beavis is offline  
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 06:44 PM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Bama beats Auburn and we should have Frogs and Ducks in the National Championship game. I love it!
jluv is offline  
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
Bama beats Auburn and we should have Frogs and Ducks in the National Championship game. I love it!
Not if Auburn wins the SECCG after losing to Bama...a one loss SEC Champion goes over an undefeated Boise or TCU for sure.
davbrucas is offline  
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 07:53 PM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Not if Auburn wins the SECCG after losing to Bama...a one loss SEC Champion goes over an undefeated Boise or TCU for sure.
Not really "for sure". I think an undefeated TCU gets in this year over an Auburn team that loses to a two-loss Alabama (if they lose). We'll both just have to wait and see. It's still pretty interesting at this point.
jluv is offline  
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv View Post
Not really "for sure". I think an undefeated TCU gets in this year over an Auburn team that loses to a two-loss Alabama (if they lose). We'll both just have to wait and see. It's still pretty interesting at this point.
Wont happen...a one loss SEC Champ will get in over any undefeated non-AQ school. A friend of mine has run every possible scenario with his BCS calculator (he has been correct every week so far) and Auburn needs to lose twice for TCU to get in.
davbrucas is offline  
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Lifer
 
SMKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: highland village
Posts: 2,014
Wharz Texas?
SMKR is offline  
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Very Interesting
 
The Big Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Around the World
Posts: 9,856
Gig Em!

You're only as strong as you allow yourself to be...

Lockout Workout Forums and Supplements
The Big Matt is offline  
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Oregon #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck yeah!

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 08:38 AM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kris View Post
Considering TCUs strength of schedule is around 50th in the nation and Auburn is 5th (LSU 1st) it isnt too far fetched.
davbrucas is offline  
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 08:41 AM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Strength of schedule...

1) Oregon - 83
2) Auburn - 5
3) TCU - 55
4) Boise State - 64
5) LSU - 1
6) Stanford - 50
7) Wisconsion - 56
8) Nebraska - 33
9) Ohio State - 67
10) Oklahoma State - 24
davbrucas is offline  
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: An Investment Bank
Posts: 13,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Considering TCUs strength of schedule is around 50th in the nation and Auburn is 5th (LSU 1st) it isnt too far fetched.
Pretty sure he's saying the calculator part is what's gay.
slow99 is offline  
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow99 View Post
Pretty sure he's saying the calculator part is what's gay.

Why is that? That's how the BCS calculates it...
davbrucas is offline  
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Its the BCS, they will fuck it up some how. We all know the BCS favors the big conference teams and not teams like TCU, Boise State, and Utah. TCU made a statement last weekend by beating the crap out of Utah. I think if they win out and Auburn loses then it should be TCU vs. Oregon provided that Oregon wins out. But like I said the BCS will again find a way to fuck it up.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Utah was way overrated...they played nobody to get up in the rankings. Oregon has played 2 teams with a winning record...we need a playoff system because there is such a discrepancy between the talent of the teams in those other conferences. The media has a hard-on for teams like Boise, Oregon and TCU. The computers tell the real story.

Here are the current national rankings of the teams they have put those numbers up against:

Losing Record opponents (7):
New Mexico (1-8) 118th defense
Tenn (3-6) 78th defense
Port St (2-7) N/A - Not FBS opponent
Ariz St (4-5) 48th defense
Wash St (1-9) 120th defense
UCLA (4-5) 83rd defense
Wash (3-6) 107th defense

Winning Record opponents (2):
Stanford (8-1) 37th defense
USC (6-3) 107th defense


Summary of achievement:
2 wins against winning opponents
1 win against a winning program with a top 40 defense (Stanford)

Last edited by davbrucas; 11-09-2010 at 06:34 PM.
davbrucas is offline  
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Strength of schedule...

1) Oregon - 83
2) Auburn - 5
3) TCU - 55
4) Boise State - 64
5) LSU - 1
6) Stanford - 50
7) Wisconsion - 56
8) Nebraska - 33
9) Ohio State - 67
10) Oklahoma State - 24

LSU is the highest one loss ranked team in the BCS, I think the system is doing okay given the absence of a playoff system. Also you are pointing out a single factor SOS, if you look at LSU's schedule they barely beat Tenn who is currently 3-6. I think LSU is a great team and ranked 3 spots behind the team that beat them seems fair to me. TCU and Boise have really been impressive this season as have Auburn and Oregon.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Trash View Post
LSU is the highest one loss ranked team in the BCS, I think the system is doing okay given the absence of a playoff system. Also you are pointing out a single factor SOS, if you look at LSU's schedule they barely beat Tenn who is currently 3-6. I think LSU is a great team and ranked 3 spots behind the team that beat them seems fair to me. TCU and Boise have really been impressive this season as have Auburn and Oregon.
But that is just one team. The only teams with losing records that LSU has played are Tenn and Vandy. TCU, Boise and Oregon have been impressive because of the caliber of teams that they have played. Put either team in the SEC and see how well they do over the course of the season.
davbrucas is offline  
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 07:49 PM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
But that is just one team. The only teams with losing records that LSU has played are Tenn and Vandy. TCU, Boise and Oregon have been impressive because of the caliber of teams that they have played. Put either team in the SEC and see how well they do over the course of the season.
That's a tired ass argument. "Put TCU in the SEC and they wouldn't be undefeated."

Ya, well neither are those teams in the SEC. Except for Auburn, so far. If they win out, good for them. Their undefeated season is better than TCU's. If they don't, they don't. This is the year. TCU has done everything they can, and a lot of people - even the experts - believe that they are one of the very best teams in college football this season, and should have a shot to prove they are THE best. I think they are. I hope they get their chance.

Call me dreamer. So? I've been a Frog fan my whole life. Regardless of what your buddy says, there are experts saying the same thing I am. I'll listen to them over your buddy, while at the same time crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.
jluv is offline  
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
TCU would be about where Ole Miss is now if they were in the SEC West.

But its cool...I hope TCU goes against Auburn and gets their ass handed to them and we can finally put to rest that TCU and Boise, whom are at the top of the list every year, deserve to be in the national title hunt.
davbrucas is offline  
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Never settle always excel
 
Pro Trash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas Area, Texas
Posts: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
TCU would be about where Ole Miss is now if they were in the SEC West.

But its cool...I hope TCU goes against Auburn and gets their ass handed to them and we can finally put to rest that TCU and Boise, whom are at the top of the list every year, deserve to be in the national title hunt.
I don't think Auburn would walk over Boise or TCU it is not like Auburn is overly dominate they struggled against Clemson having to go into over time, barely got past Kentucky with a last second field goal. I hope Auburn ends up with a game against Boise or TCU because I think you will find Cam can only carry his team so far.

Auburn may be undefeated but they are by no means a dominate force. If you ask me the media/voters are giving the SEC to much credit this season as the only ranked opponents they are whooping on is each other. LSU got away from UNC and WVU by just 6 points in each contest, not that impressive. Alabama did well against Penn who now is not even ranked so that counts for zero. Ole Miss got beat by Jacksonville State(who) not impressive, Ark barely beat A&M not exactly a top program, so Ark is not very impressive. SC has not had a decent non conference opponent, Florida struggled into OT against a 4-4 Georgia but really has not challenged any out of conference teams worth a poop, so other than play each other, how do we truly guage the quality of the SEC teams?

If you look at my past posts I normally agree that the SEC is the big dog but this year that is not the case. They are competitive among themselves but struggling against questionable non conference foes. I think that the people who are used to being on top are finding it hard to be out of the big game hunt in mid November, LSU being one of them, especially when TCU and Boise are out in front.
Pro Trash is offline  
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
LSU was the among the last ranked offenses in the nation and still beat UNC and WVU. And margin of victory is not taken into consideration in the BCS computer calculations.
davbrucas is offline  
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Genetically Blessed
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: An Investment Bank
Posts: 13,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
TCU would be about where Ole Miss is now if they were in the SEC West.

But its cool...I hope TCU goes against Auburn and gets their ass handed to them and we can finally put to rest that TCU and Boise, whom are at the top of the list every year, deserve to be in the national title hunt.
My thoughts as well. If TCU or Boise gets there, I hope they get slaughtered. I kinda thought last year's bowl game would quiet the TCU crowd for a while.
slow99 is offline  
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
LSU was the among the last ranked offenses in the nation and still beat UNC and WVU. And margin of victory is not taken into consideration in the BCS computer calculations.
they beat a UNC team that had like a dozen players suspended and LSU could barely hold off UNC at the end. So that game dosent give LSU a strong vote

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
yup.. OU is definitely out. I want TCU in the NCG.

If not, give me an Auburn vs Oregon game that combines for 100 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
unkoricky is offline  
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 07:42 AM
Lifer
 
IDAjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Studly View Post
shocking
I don't find it very shocking.... They have been pretty damn good ever since Dixon was at Oregon.

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
IDAjeff is offline  
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Lifer
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Forney, TX
Posts: 7,612
Go Texa.....oh.
mstng86 is offline  
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
they beat a UNC team that had like a dozen players suspended and LSU could barely hold off UNC at the end. So that game dosent give LSU a strong vote
I agree...but this is a "what have you done for me lately" league. We need some serious help to even get into a BCS Bowl much less the MNC.
davbrucas is offline  
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Lifer
 
philsanity07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Grand Prairie
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
I agree...but this is a "what have you done for me lately" league. We need some serious help to even get into a BCS Bowl much less the MNC.
Well TCU beat a undefeated 36 Utah team. LSU beat a 1 loss Alabama team this weekend. So in my mind TCU did more this weekend than LSU.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos


marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
philsanity07 is offline  
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Lifer
 
davbrucas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,841
Utah was way overrated...look at who they played. Also, the season isnt over. If LSU wins out, they will have beaten Arkansas the last game of the season. And if the Cam Newton crap is true, LSU will play in the SECCG and if they win, they will jump to #1 in the nation. TCU loses out...unless Oregon loses a game. I would really love to see LSU/TCU in the MNC.
davbrucas is offline  
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 06:11 AM
Fear the Stashe
 
unkoricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The C
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Utah was way overrated...look at who they played. Also, the season isnt over. If LSU wins out, they will have beaten Arkansas the last game of the season. And if the Cam Newton crap is true, LSU will play in the SECCG and if they win, they will jump to #1 in the nation. TCU loses out...unless Oregon loses a game. I would really love to see LSU/TCU in the MNC.
The ratings would bomb so hard like the World Series.

I dont mind a TCU/LSU game though.

As long as Boise State doesnt end up in the NCG, i'll be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
unkoricky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome