LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Fear the Stashe

Randy Moss Waived by Vikings

www.nfl.com

Quote:
Breaking News
Vikings waive Moss

Randy Moss has been waived by the Minnesota Vikings, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass2000gt View Post
See this is all you got. You're just a little bitch. I'll be in lewisville tonight if you want to meet up and see if you would like to talk shit to me. But I know I know your a pussy and won't show and I'm trying to e-thug but you're the one continues to try to insult me. So if you want to be a real man and back this shit up I'll be at the lewisville bowling center off of main st tonight at 6. Not far at all from highland village. Just for you I'll be wearing a Texas shirt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Lifer

Lol awesome! Probably because of his speech last night?

New Orleans Saints 16-3 Super Bowl Champions 2010!!!!

Super Bowl 2011 preview

(6-3-0) New Orleans Saints......................(3-6-0) Denver Broncos
Dallas Cowboys fucking suck
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 12:52 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAjeff View Post
Lol awesome! Probably because of his speech last night?
What did he say?

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 12:55 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I just don't think they care to pay him any longer nor feel he is a player that will make a contributing difference since they feel like their season is in the shitter and they won't even make the playoffs. I think picking him up was a last ditch effort to try and right the ship before calling it quits.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 12:58 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Have no fear though, there are several of the 30 other teams out there that would love to him on their roster and I'll bet he'll sign with someone this week.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 12:59 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Oakland?

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Lifer

Hopefully it's Denver LOL!!! But seriously... who is looking for a new receiver at the moment?

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 01:02 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Chicago would probably be my first guess. Plus they're a divisional rival of Minnesota. Either that or Green Bay. Both need help in receiving core. Chicago just doesn't have anyone besides Knox, and Green Bay has been plaqued with injuries at WR and TE this year.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 01:04 PM
#4 Best QB Ever

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas picked him up (or tried)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON SVO View Post
Women: vaginal life support.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geor! View Post
What did he say?
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/31/r...ings-patriots/

Lol! ---> "I do answer questions throughout the week, and for the league to fine me $25,000 ... ," Moss said, before tailing off. "I am not going to answer any more questions for the rest of this year. If it is going to be an interview, I am going to conduct it. So, I will answer my own questions and ask myself the questions and give you the answers. So from here on out, I am not answering any more questions the rest of this season.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 01:09 PM

The Jets don't seem to mind troubled WR's
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 01:14 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Was bullshit to fine him anyway.

post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 01:18 PM
too many projects!

Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Quote:
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/10/31/r...ings-patriots/

Lol! ---> "I do answer questions throughout the week, and for the league to fine me $25,000 ... ," Moss said, before tailing off. "I am not going to answer any more questions for the rest of this year. If it is going to be an interview, I am going to conduct it. So, I will answer my own questions and ask myself the questions and give you the answers. So from here on out, I am not answering any more questions the rest of this season.
Thats all he said? What the hell did the fine him for anyway?

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 01:19 PM
HERE WE GO STEELERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX21 View Post
Not doing a post-game interview last week. Fucking horesshit.

post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX21 View Post
He had more to say then that but I just quoted that part because it made me lol.

Here is what he really said.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass -- Randy Moss' much-anticipated return to Gillette Stadium drowned in the Brett Favre pregame drama. That was bad enough.

But then Moss went missing in the New England secondary, double-covered throughout Sunday's 28-18 Patriots victory, with safety Brandon Meriweather playing a soft, over-the-top watchdog role all day long.

Moss was targeted for just two passes and finished with one catch for eight yards.

How Bill Belichick schemed up Tom Brady's former go-to guy would have been an ideal (not to mention interesting) topic of conversation when Moss surprised the media and arrived for a postgame interview session. But rather than talk about his day, Moss opened with a statement expressing disappointment that the NFL fined him Thursday for not speaking to reporters the last few weeks, especially leading up to Sunday's hyped reunion.
More: Vikings-Patriots Quick Hits
Favre Carted Off With Injury
Watch: Highlights From New England's Win

"I do answer questions throughout the week, and for the league to fine me $25,000 ... ," Moss said, before tailing off. "I am not going to answer any more questions for the rest of this year. If it is going to be an interview, I am going to conduct it. So, I will answer my own questions and ask myself the questions and give you the answers. So from here on out, I am not answering any more questions the rest of this season.

"Enough said about that. Now we will get to the game."

What followed were three sighs, then about a 4-minute soliloquy that featured very little talk about "the game" and a bunch of glossing of the three-plus seasons Moss spent with the Patriots, during which he caught an amazing 50 touchdown passes in 52 games.

Here you go:

"Let me hold it down. I really haven't had a chance to talk to the guys, so this is no disrespect to the Minnesota Vikings and their organization. The captains, [Vince] Wilfork, [Tom Brady], [Jerod] Mayo, Kevin Faulk, I miss those guys. I miss the team. It was hard for me to come here and play. It has been an up-and-down roller-coaster emotionally all week. Then to be able to come in here and see those guys and running plays that I know what they're doing. The success they had on the field – the running game – so I kind of know what type of feeling they have in their locker room and I just want to be able to tell the guys that I miss the hell out of them, every last helmet in that locker room. Deion Branch came up to me after the game and I have never really had the chance to meet Deion Branch, but it was definitely a pleasure to meet him. Coach Belichick gave me an opportunity to be a part of something special and that is something I really take to heart. I actually salute Coach Belichick and his team for the success that they have had before me, during me and after me. So I am actually stuck for words, just because there are a lot of memories here.

"To the New England Patriots' fans, that ovation at the end of the game, that really felt heart-warming. I think I actually shed a tear for that. Like I said, it has been an emotional roller-coaster this whole week. I tried to prepare; tried to talk to the coaches and players about how this game was going to be played – a couple tendencies here and a couple tendencies there. But the bad part about it, you have six days to prepare for a team and on the seventh day, that's Sunday, meaning today, I guess they come over to me and say, 'Dang Moss, you were right about a couple plays and a couple schemes that they were going to run.' It hurts as a player that you put a lot of hard work in all week and toward the end of the week, Sunday, when you get on the field, that is when they acknowledge the hard work you have put in all week. So that is a disappointment.

"You know, I can't really say enough about this team and this organization. I met with Mrs. Kraft before the game, because I didn't really have a chance to talk to her before I left, and I just thank Mrs. Kraft for the opportunity to let me be a part of something special. The New England Patriots have always been a special organization, and I have always watched from afar.

"When I got drafted by Minnesota, and I think I said this a couple of weeks ago, I felt obligated to try and bring a Super Bowl to Minnesota, and this season is still not over. Do I know what next season and the future is going to bring? No I do not, but all I can say is that it is a lot of work that we leave on the field each day. There is a lot of film study that we leave in that room each day. I know how hard these guys work here in New England and the only thing that I really tried to do was take what the best coach in football history has brought upon me, or the knowledge that he has given me about the game of football, and I try to just sprinkle it off to the guys the best way I know how. So I am going to go ahead and end this interview. I have my family to see.

"I am definitely down that we lost this game, because I didn't really expect us to lose this game knowing that we had a few things that we had to clean up. But like I said, they played a good game. I wish we could have had that three at the end of the half. Maybe it could have been different, maybe not. I don't know how many more times I am going to be up here in New England, but I am going to leave the New England Patriots and Coach Belichick here with a salute.

"I love you guys. I miss you. I'm out."

Then he left.

Presumably, not for a place with the Q&A news hounds at "60 Minutes."

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Lifer

More of the story from NFL.com itself.....

Vikings waive Moss just four weeks after acquiring WR in trade

* NFL.com Wire Reports
* Published: Nov. 1, 2010 at 03:20 p.m

The Minnesota Vikings waived wide receiver Randy Moss Monday, NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports.

Moss did not fly back to Minnesota with the team following a 28-18 loss to the New England Patriots Sunday, according to Lombardi.

Vikings coach Brad Childres informed the team of the move in a meeting Monday morning. Fox Sports and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reports that the move came as a total surprise to players and some members of the Vikings staff.

Moss, acquired by the Vikings in a trade with the New England Patriots following Week 4, appeared in just four games with Minnesota in 2010, catching 13 passes for 174 yards and two touchdowns.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

The Vikings sent New England a third-round pick in 2011 in exchange for Moss and a seventh-round pick in 2012.

The Vikings originally drafted Moss in 1998 with the 21st pick in the NFL draft.

Moss' much anticipated return to New England as a Viking Sunday proved to be anticlimactic, until the game was over that is.

After catching just one pass for eight yards, Moss was seen embracing Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, coach Bill Belichick and other ex-teammates.

An emotional Moss then addressed the media -- something he was fined $25,000 for not doing during the week leading up to the game -- about coming back to Gillette Stadium just weeks after having been traded.

"It was hard for me to come here to play, an up and down thing. I was on a roller coaster all week," said Moss, who had one catch for 8 yards for Minnesota. "To see these guys running plays and I know what they are doing, I know what type of feeling they have in the locker room.

"I miss every last helmet in that locker room."

While saluting the Patriots performance in a 28-18 win, Moss also appeared to question his own coaching staff's preparation for the game.

"I tried to prepare; tried to talk to the coaches and players about how this game was going to be played – a couple tendencies here and a couple tendencies there," Moss said. "But the bad part about it, you have six days to prepare for a team and on (Sunday ... they come over to me and say, 'Dang, Moss, you were right about a couple plays and a couple schemes that they were going to run.'

"It hurts as a player that you put a lot of hard work in all week and toward the end of the week, Sunday, when you get on the field, that is when they acknowledge the hard work you have put in all week. So that is a disappointment."

Moss now has 24 hours for a team to claim him and his contract off waivers. If Moss is unclaimed, he will become a free agent, but the remainder of his contract will be paid by the Vikings. Moss would then have the opportunity to earn even more money through a new deal with a new team.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Lifer

Someone better keep Jerry on lockdown till Moss signs with another team. You know Jerry is already thinking about next year, and he will convince himself Moss is needed.

Moss
Austin
Bryant

Not a bad threesome. Notice Williams isn't there. He won't be here next year, for sure.
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 01:45 PM
too many projects!

Location: you cant drink all day if you don't start in the morning
Quote:
He had more to say then that but I just quoted that part because it made me lol.

Here is what he really said.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass -- Randy Moss' much-anticipated return to Gillette Stadium drowned in the Brett Favre pregame drama. That was bad enough.

But then Moss went missing in the New England secondary, double-covered throughout Sunday's 28-18 Patriots victory, with safety Brandon Meriweather playing a soft, over-the-top watchdog role all day long.

Moss was targeted for just two passes and finished with one catch for eight yards.

How Bill Belichick schemed up Tom Brady's former go-to guy would have been an ideal (not to mention interesting) topic of conversation when Moss surprised the media and arrived for a postgame interview session. But rather than talk about his day, Moss opened with a statement expressing disappointment that the NFL fined him Thursday for not speaking to reporters the last few weeks, especially leading up to Sunday's hyped reunion.
More: Vikings-Patriots Quick Hits
Favre Carted Off With Injury
Watch: Highlights From New England's Win

"I do answer questions throughout the week, and for the league to fine me $25,000 ... ," Moss said, before tailing off. "I am not going to answer any more questions for the rest of this year. If it is going to be an interview, I am going to conduct it. So, I will answer my own questions and ask myself the questions and give you the answers. So from here on out, I am not answering any more questions the rest of this season.

"Enough said about that. Now we will get to the game."

What followed were three sighs, then about a 4-minute soliloquy that featured very little talk about "the game" and a bunch of glossing of the three-plus seasons Moss spent with the Patriots, during which he caught an amazing 50 touchdown passes in 52 games.

Here you go:

"Let me hold it down. I really haven't had a chance to talk to the guys, so this is no disrespect to the Minnesota Vikings and their organization. The captains, [Vince] Wilfork, [Tom Brady], [Jerod] Mayo, Kevin Faulk, I miss those guys. I miss the team. It was hard for me to come here and play. It has been an up-and-down roller-coaster emotionally all week. Then to be able to come in here and see those guys and running plays that I know what they're doing. The success they had on the field – the running game – so I kind of know what type of feeling they have in their locker room and I just want to be able to tell the guys that I miss the hell out of them, every last helmet in that locker room. Deion Branch came up to me after the game and I have never really had the chance to meet Deion Branch, but it was definitely a pleasure to meet him. Coach Belichick gave me an opportunity to be a part of something special and that is something I really take to heart. I actually salute Coach Belichick and his team for the success that they have had before me, during me and after me. So I am actually stuck for words, just because there are a lot of memories here.

"To the New England Patriots' fans, that ovation at the end of the game, that really felt heart-warming. I think I actually shed a tear for that. Like I said, it has been an emotional roller-coaster this whole week. I tried to prepare; tried to talk to the coaches and players about how this game was going to be played – a couple tendencies here and a couple tendencies there. But the bad part about it, you have six days to prepare for a team and on the seventh day, that's Sunday, meaning today, I guess they come over to me and say, 'Dang Moss, you were right about a couple plays and a couple schemes that they were going to run.' It hurts as a player that you put a lot of hard work in all week and toward the end of the week, Sunday, when you get on the field, that is when they acknowledge the hard work you have put in all week. So that is a disappointment.

"You know, I can't really say enough about this team and this organization. I met with Mrs. Kraft before the game, because I didn't really have a chance to talk to her before I left, and I just thank Mrs. Kraft for the opportunity to let me be a part of something special. The New England Patriots have always been a special organization, and I have always watched from afar.

"When I got drafted by Minnesota, and I think I said this a couple of weeks ago, I felt obligated to try and bring a Super Bowl to Minnesota, and this season is still not over. Do I know what next season and the future is going to bring? No I do not, but all I can say is that it is a lot of work that we leave on the field each day. There is a lot of film study that we leave in that room each day. I know how hard these guys work here in New England and the only thing that I really tried to do was take what the best coach in football history has brought upon me, or the knowledge that he has given me about the game of football, and I try to just sprinkle it off to the guys the best way I know how. So I am going to go ahead and end this interview. I have my family to see.

"I am definitely down that we lost this game, because I didn't really expect us to lose this game knowing that we had a few things that we had to clean up. But like I said, they played a good game. I wish we could have had that three at the end of the half. Maybe it could have been different, maybe not. I don't know how many more times I am going to be up here in New England, but I am going to leave the New England Patriots and Coach Belichick here with a salute.

"I love you guys. I miss you. I'm out."

Then he left.

Presumably, not for a place with the Q&A news hounds at "60 Minutes."
That was cornfuseing. I thought he left NE with a fuck you attitude.

PHUKET
A coward dies a thousand deaths
A soldier dies but once.
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Lifer

Mike Lombardi from the NFL Network, made reference to a play that Moss was one on one with the DB and had an easy touch down that he gave up on. He then reports that it was also a part of the decision to waive him because they claim had he caught that TD pass, Brett would not have been injured a few plays later. And that there was a lot of baggage he had brought with him not publicized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 02:06 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Right now Buffalo has the worst record, so they get first crack at him until he clears waivers.

Whoever claims him off the waiver wire would have to pay his $6.5Million base salary. If he clears waivers, then any team can sign him to any kind of new contract. Personally I don't think Buffalo would sign him because it would be just wasting money. QB is their problem, not WR.

But guess who's number 2 on the waiver order..

The Cowboys.. You know that Jerry doesn't care about the money and you also know he's desperate.

Here is the rest of the order:
#
# Carolina Panthers
# San Francisco 49ers
# Denver Broncos
# Minnesota Vikings
# Detroit Lions
# Cleveland Browns
# Cincinnati Bengals
# San Diego Chargers
# Arizona Cardinals
# Washington Redskins
# St. Louis Rams
# Oakland Raiders
# Jacksonville Jaguars
# Seattle Seahawks
# Philadelphia Eagles
# Miami Dolphins
# Chicago Bears
# Tennessee Titans
# New Orleans Saints
# Green Bay Packers
# Indianapolis Colts
# Houston Texans
# Tampa Bay Buccaneers
# Pittsburgh Steelers
# New York Jets
# New York Giants
# Kansas City Chiefs
# Baltimore Ravens
# Atlanta Falcons
# New England Patriots

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Resident Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
But guess who's number 2 on the waiver order..

The Cowboys.. You know that Jerry doesn't care about the money and you also know he's desperate.
He knows a receiver isn't going to help this team any. Mark it down. No chance in hell he lands here. Those two don't like each other as it is.

Beyond that, the whole reason Jerry didn't pick up any free agents this offseason (in an uncapped year), is because of the lockout next season. It's almost a guarantee at this point, that there WILL be a lockout. Same reason he hasn't fired Wade and brought in a new coach yet. He's not going to pay someone to sit on their ass next year, that isn't already on the payroll. Period. Some of you really ought to think things through before speaking them out loud.
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Lifer

I think if we have the money the rams will want to maybe get moss. we tried to get vincent jackson from san diego.

St. Louis Rams 4-4
rams Pictures, Images and Photos

marshall faulk Pictures, Images and Photos
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Lifer

Laughing the fuck out loud at the moment.....

Moss still a Viking after Childress says WR would be waived

Randy Moss's reunion with the Minnesota Vikings lasted 25 days -- and three disappointing losses.

Vikings players confirmed Monday that coach Brad Childress informed them during a team meeting of his intention to waive Moss less than a month after acquiring him in a trade with New England.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi first reported Moss' release.

Moss has yet to be informed by the team of his release, though he is assuming at this point he will be waived, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL Network inside Jason La Canfora.

The league has released Monday's waiver wire to authorized personnel, and Moss is not included on it, a source with access to the wire told La Canfora.

The deadline for daily transactions is 4 p.m. The Vikings could still elect to waive Moss later this week. Childress told the team he would do so today, but a source said others in the organization were not of the same mind.

The Vikings acquired Moss, along with a seventh-round pick in 2012, in exchange for a third-round pick in 2011.

"Randy is very sad to find out about being waived by the Vikings this morning," Moss' agent, Joel Segal, said in an e-mail to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "He has and always will remain fond of the fans in Minnesota. We will let the process of the waiver wire take its course and we will move on from there."

Segal told the Star-Tribune that he already has received calls from the Miami Dolphins and Seattle Seahawks inquiring about Moss.

When Moss is officially waived, he will have 24 hours to pass through waivers. Teams can claim Moss and the remaining $6.4 million base salary on his contract during that period. If Moss is not claimed through waivers, he would become a free agent, but the Vikings would still be on the hook for the remainder of his contract, which expires after the season.

Fox Sports and NFL Network's Jay Glazer reports that Vikings players were taken by surprise by Childress' announcement and are "livid" over the move.

Childress and team officials didn't immediately respond to messages seeking confirmation of the decision. About an hour before the news came out, Childress took 12 consecutive questions from reporters during his regular news conference about Moss, his effort, and his mindset in response to a rant by Moss following Sunday night's loss to the Patriots.

Moss, who was fined $25,000 last week for failing to cooperate with the media and make himself regularly available for interviews, stepped to the podium after the game but announced he wouldn't take any questions. He repeatedly expressed admiration for coach Bill Belichick and his former team, the Patriots, and criticized the Vikings for not taking enough of his game-planning advice.

Moss had only one catch for 8 yards against the Patriots. In four games for the Vikings, he had 13 catches for 174 yards and two touchdowns.

Childress didn't mention the move and said Moss was staying back in the Boston area for a few days to spend time with family. Asked whether he regretted acquiring Moss, the coach said "not at present."

Moss, who was traded away from Minnesota in 2005 after finding his share of trouble and frustrating the organization with his attitude, expressed eagerness to connect with quarterback Brett Favre when he arrived and talked about how much he still loved Vikings fans some 5½ years after his departure.

While his presence opened the field for wide receiver Percy Harvin, who has blossomed into one of the league's most dangerous offensive players, Moss never materialized into the deep threat the Vikings sought when they traded for him. His longest catch was a 37-yarder, and he was only targeted twice against the Patriots.

"I'm definitely down that we lost this game. I didn't expect we'd lose this game," Moss said. "I don't know how many more times I'll be in New England again. But I leave coach Belichick and those guys with a salute: 'I love you guys. I miss you. I'm out."'

Childress said Monday he didn't see Moss' remarks as "incendiary." The closest he came to criticizing him was acknowledging he could've caught a pass that fell incomplete in the end zone while the Patriots were called for pass interference.

"But again, I don't know," Childress said. "He was restricted. If they called pass interference, there had to be some kind of restriction."

Asked whether he felt Moss had been playing hard, Childress said, "He's playing hard when he needs to play hard."

Linebacker Ben Leber said players were surprised by the news. But he didn't sound happy about Moss's post-game remarks.

"It was just, 'Wow,"' Leber said. "Just because it sounded like it was unprompted and sounded like he wanted to get some stuff off his chest. He certainly has every right to do that. I don't think that's the way to do it."

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Lifer

Boys don't need moss, they need a fkn qb.....immediately.
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 08:38 PM
dead

he would fit best with the colts. they wont take him, but he would be exceptional there.

i hope the bengals get him. 85, TO, moss. ha.
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Keep jocking

I think it was due to the fact he blatantly gave up on a play that could have been a easy touchdown.
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 08:50 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

I dont know why a team NOT going to the playoffs would want him. I could see him with the Rams. Someone has to win that division and they don't really have a #1 receiver.
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:47 AM

If he goes to a non-superbowl contender, he is going to pout and disappear.
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC View Post
I think it was due to the fact he blatantly gave up on a play that could have been a easy touchdown.
You're talking about the play that defensive pass interference was called, correct? Would actually say he gave up.... But I do agree he might have been able to catch it even with the penalty called.

Super Bowl 2011 preview

post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 03:04 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 04:36 PM
2-7 and still a fan!

Fuck that Monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by centexchick View Post
I fuck, have sex, make love. If I break out the heels and leather...then a fucking it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutherjuggz View Post
Cupping the bawls always helps with the sensation, Good rule of thumb is to tell the gal to rub the balls any chance/angle she gets.
post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 04:42 PM
WTF is Zed?

I guess this was the straw that broke the camel's back

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...behavior110210
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 04:44 PM
WTF is Zed?

Boorish behavior also contributed to Moss’ demise

By Michael Silver, Yahoo! Sports
15 hours, 35 minutes ago

When Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress told his players Monday afternoon that Randy Moss(notes) would be released because “we want good people that are good football players, and this just doesn’t fit,” several of them nodded their approval. Though Childress isn’t especially popular in the locker room, some Vikings were on board with his decision to move on without Moss four weeks after the polarizing wideout was reacquired in a trade with the New England Patriots.

Even before Sunday’s surreal address to the media following the Vikings’ 28-18 defeat to the Patriots at Gillette Stadium – during which he questioned Childress’ leadership while effusively praising his former coach, Bill Belichick, and the Patriots’ organization – Moss had alienated some of his teammates with his brash, entitled behavior, most glaringly in an incident that occurred in the team’s locker room last Friday afternoon, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

As is the team’s custom on Fridays, a local food establishment was invited to the training facility to serve a catered, post-practice meal in the locker room. In this case, a St. Paul restaurant that is a favorite of former Vikings center Matt Birk(notes). As the proprietors helped serve chicken, ribs, pasta and other dishes to Vikings players, Moss paced up and down the serving line and loudly expressed his displeasure with the offerings.

According to one player who witnessed the scene, Moss yelled, “What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn’t feed this to my dog!”

Said the witness: “It was brutal. The truth is, he deserved to be cut after that. It was such an uncomfortable moment. You know that feeling where you just can tell someone feels so small? That’s what it was like being there.

“This wasn’t a chain – it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff. They had a special carving station set up, and there were players and other support staff lining up to eat it. And [Moss] is at his locker saying, ‘You know, I used to have to eat that crap – but now I’ve got money.’ You just felt so sad for them. I had never seen anyone treated like that.

“And by the way, the food was actually really good.”

While Moss had his share of supporters in the locker room, some Vikings had grown disillusioned with his attitude. From the receiver’s uneven effort in practice to his displays of self-centeredness off the field, some veterans believed Moss was becoming a bad influence to young players like second-year wideout Percy Harvin(notes).

There was also locker room speculation about Moss’ effort – or lack thereof – on two plays in recent games. With the Vikes facing a last-gasp fourth-down pass in a 28-24 defeat to the Packers in Green Bay two Sundays ago, quarterback Brett Favre(notes) threw a high pass in the back of the end zone that sailed over Moss’ head, though it didn’t appear as though the receiver made an effort to jump for the ball.

In Sunday’s game against the Patriots, with the Vikings trailing by 10 midway through the fourth quarter, Moss drew a pass-interference penalty on Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather(notes) while streaking down the left sideline. It appeared as though Moss might have been able to catch the pass for a touchdown after the penalty occurred but that he broke off the route once the flag was thrown.

The Vikings got the ball at the New England 9 and scored four plays later, though not before Favre sustained a lacerated chin that knocked him from the game.

Most of all, however, Moss’ treatment of the restauranteurs in the locker room convinced some teammates that he wasn’t worth the trouble. Since becoming the Vikings’ coach in 2006, Childress has consistently preached that he wants “good people who are good football players,” and Moss clearly didn’t seem to be projecting himself as someone who fits in the former category.

When Childress, according to one person in Monday’s meeting, said of Moss, “This just doesn’t fit with how we treat people, how we talk to people and how we act,” it was clear that he was referring to the incident that occurred last Friday. Sunday’s stream-of-consciousness statement to the media only reinforced the internal perception that Moss was going out of his way to disrespect the organization.

With all of that said, Childress still has major credibility issues with his players, most of whom side with Favre in his ongoing clash with the coach. And there’s no guarantee Childress will stay the coach for the remainder of the season. However, his decision to part ways with Moss was, for some, viewed as an understandable consequence of the receiver’s behavior.
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 04:47 PM
dead

wow, what a bitch. i hope no one picks him up this year.

everyone in the nfl these days is a fucking queen. the nfl hit it's peak in the 90s. now everyone expects payday before they ever accomplish a GD thing.

i hope the NFL is locked out next year and people lose some coin.
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 08:20 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

He supposedly met with the Jets yesterday. Teams have until 4pm today to claim him off waivers or he'll be a free agent.
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Lifer

Rany Moss is a Titan, they made a claim to pick him up. They were 22nd in the waiver order

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Lifer

no surprise. Britt is hurt.

Moss and Young on the same field. That will be a fiasco.
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 02:44 PM

Great news for chris johnson.
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Aspiring Bean Counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo stallion View Post
wow, what a bitch. i hope no one picks him up this year.

everyone in the nfl these days is a fucking queen. the nfl hit it's peak in the 90s. now everyone expects payday before they ever accomplish a GD thing.

i hope the NFL is locked out next year and people lose some coin.
X2 on all of the above.

post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Time Served

I would have waived him also.

post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandkid View Post
Great news for chris johnson.
was good news for Adrian Peterson lol.

Moss wont be happy hear cause this is a offense that likes to run the ball with CJ. Then set screens and play action with CJ. Moss just needs to shut up and play.

St. Louis Rams 4-4

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 06:24 AM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsanity07 View Post
was good news for Adrian Peterson lol.

Moss wont be happy hear cause this is a offense that likes to run the ball with CJ. Then set screens and play action with CJ. Moss just needs to shut up and play.
Maybe so, but show me what Chris Johnson has done so far this year. He hasn't been anywhere near as effective as last year. I don't see Moss being anymore unhappy hear with CJ when he just left the team that had AP.
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Lifer

Thanks to Moss, there is a free lunch in Minnesota

MINNEAPOLIS -- A suburban Minneapolis restaurant is turning the tables on Randy Moss.

Gus Tinucci was catering lunch at the Minnesota Vikings' practice facility last Friday when Moss entered the locker room. He said Moss demanded to know who ordered the food and said he wouldn't feed it to his dog.

Tinucci said he got an apology from the Wilf family, which owns the Vikings. And on Friday, Tinucci's restaurant will offer free lunches to the first 50 people who come to turn in their Moss jerseys. For everyone else, the lunch buffet will be marked down to $8.40, a takeoff on the receiver's No. 84 jersey.

The Moss jerseys and cash will be donated to Boys & Girls Clubs of America. The Vikings waived Moss on Tuesday, and he was claimed a day later by the Tennessee Titan, his third team this season.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Super Bowl 2011 preview

Sponsored Links
Advertisement